List Mgmt. Trade/Draft SuperMegaUltraThread - 2016 edition?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not my suggestion. It's what the Hawks will want. He is a contracted 3 time premiership player who is still very young. No way the Hawks let him walk for anything less than a first rounder.
Three-time premiership player makes him sound much more valuable than he actually is; probably worth 15-25, imo.

Three-time premiership player makes him sound much more valuable than he actually is; probably worth 15-25, imo.

Of course it does, do you not think that's what the Hawks will lead with?

You think GWS will trade two first rounders and a highly rated forward for pick 3?

Geez, where does Freo sign for that deal.

1) McCarthy's trade value is very low and GWS know it. He's lost to them and they move forward.
2) #16 and #17 is underpaying for #3 so there is a built in value for McCarthy in there anyway.
3) I would think it likely GWS would trade out #3 anyway, it has too high a value for their academy players.

Doea coniglios contract expire next year? I think he would be priority. The fact that gws are in premiership mode sucks.

I'm no draft or trading guru but if Dangerfield only gets the Crows pick 9 then there's no way Hill is worth more than a 2nd rounder.
Pick 20-30 IMO
M8 don't forget Dean gore

M8 don't forget Dean gore
:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Because the Crows needed another ranga

GORE-Dean-2014-e1420505696957-300x300.jpg

I'm no draft or trading guru but if Dangerfield only gets the Crows pick 9 then there's no way Hill is worth more than a 2nd rounder.
Pick 20-30 IMO

Danger was a free agent so wasn't contracted.

Danger was a free agent so wasn't contracted.
Doh. Showing my mad draft/trading skillz.

Player for player Hills not worth half what Danger was. If Hawthorn want to play hard ball because he's contracted they might end up like GWS with McCarthy, although I have a feeling they will come out in front on the trade. They always do.

Doh. Showing my mad draft/trading skillz.

Player for player Hills not worth half what Danger was. If Hawthorn want to play hard ball because he's contracted they might end up like GWS with McCarthy, although I have a feeling they will come out in front on the trade. They always do.

Hawks have said that Hill isn't pushing hard for the trade and they would be happy to keep him another year, looks like the Hawks are happy to accommodate the trade home if the right deal is offered. It's the perfect scenario for the Hawks to get overs.

Hawks have said that Hill isn't pushing hard for the trade and they would be happy to keep him another year, looks like the Hawks are happy to accommodate the trade home if the right deal is offered. It's the perfect scenario for the Hawks to get overs.
Win 4 flags, let someone go for overs, win next 2 flags.
They really are the only team who have mastered the trading/free agent landscape.

Freo are obviously the masters of stealing non premiership coaches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn traded jed Anderson, pick 38 & 40 to north for pick 15 and 55

To think they'll trade a contracted Brad Hill for anything less than pick 20 is fairyland stuff

Going to be interesting to see how Freo juggle keeping pick 3 and finding trades for McCarthy and hill when they have no 2nd round pick and not much in the way of value players to trade

Mayne is a FA and would likely get an end of 2nd round at best as a compo pick. Barlow might get something in a trade but there's not a huge demand for late 20's, one paced midfielders with average skills

They also will be cautious about trading future draft picks in case they need them to get a deal for Hogan next year

Dockers will be happy to wait a year if they can't get a reasonable deal this year.

With Hogan possibly moving back to Perth they have no chance of doing that.

You think GWS will trade two first rounders and a highly rated forward for pick 3?

Geez, where does Freo sign for that deal.
Not quite...

Trades:
Pick 3 <---> Picks 16 & 17
Pick 16 <---> McCarthy
Pick 17 <---> Hill

Freo:
Lose pick 3, Get McCarthy & Hill

GWS:
Lose McCarthy & pick 17, Get pick 3

Hawks:
Lose Hill, Get pick 17

Freo looks to lose a bit there - considering that both McCarthy and Hill want to be at Freo, I'd say they're paying overs.

Probably not too far off, though I think Freo are paying slight overs for both.

How did GWS get two picks in the late teens?

What do Collingwood owe them?

What do Collingwood owe them?

Ah, they've got Geelong's first rounder which they basically swapped with Carlton for pick 8 last year as part of the Plowman etc trade.

Also got Collingwood's first rounder for Treloar which will be well in the top 10 probably :mad:

Probably not too far off, though I think Freo are paying slight overs for both.

How did GWS get two picks in the late teens?
Based on the ladder as it is GWS have pick 17

They also have geelongs 1st round pick which was traded to them by Carlton in that grab bag of players GWS traded to the blues (lamb, plowman etc). Carlton had geelongs pick from the Henderson trade

GWS also have Collingwood 1st rounder as part of the treloar trade

One day when I have the inclination I'll do an excercise to go through how GWS have used all those first round picks in their first year plus the priority selections to build a bank of players they could trade out to generate an ongoing supply of first round talent

Their start up concessions were a joke and in the not too distant future they'll be a juggernaut.

Ok, after watching two games be won by one goal which we arguable deserved to lose, I have suddenly become very reflective on the current state of the Eagles list. I think its time to have another look at who's going, who's staying and who we need to look at bringing in.

IMHO I biggest problem is the midfield. Unfortunately Sheed, Redden, Duggan and Yeo haven't progressed this season and Waterman's situation is a real shame. We are unable right now to protect our one key vulnerability post the Cousins, Kerr, Judd era. We also lack a genuine contested mid with scope to be A-grade. Kennedy (29), Priddis (31), LeCras (29), Butler (30), Hurn (28) do not have long left. Certainly in the case of Priddis, LeCras and Butler we may be seeing them wind up at the end of next year.

Another thing to consider is that this is a deep draft with plenty of talent to be picked up into the third and fourth rounds where Best 22 players could still possibly be found. In 2014 we picked up Nelson and Cavka late in another deep draft. I think we should be looking to free up space on our list as well as looking at moving on players that are tradeable with some worth and sacrificing a little on mature depth for potential. We could pick up players in this draft which could form a solid list pushing to dominate our 22 in 3-4 years. We need to take a risk and be bold, because our 2015 offseason hasn't worked out the way we wanted.

Delist:
Tunbridge (RL) FWD
Colledge (RL) MID
Lucas (RL) MID
Bennell (SL) DEF

Possible Trade / Delist :
Brown (SL) KPD - Unrestricted FA (maybe 3rd compo if we're lucky)
McInness (SL) KPF - Possible target for clubs wanting an AFL ready KPF with scope for some improvement. Hasn't come along this year but could be attractive to clubs.
McGinnity (SL) FWD - Unrestricted FA. Should be delisted but could get picked up by someone for a packet of chips.
Lamb (SL) UTIL - Has been played as a KPF but looks to be finding his feet as a tall mid/wing with rebounding capability. Has talent and could be very attractive to Vic clubs. Probably worth a second rounder.

Retire:
Cavka :( (SL) MID - Sadly I thought this kid was going to make it but now we'll never know.

Promote:
Adamson MID - Showing a bit. Would love for him to get a game by the end of the year.
Snadden, Brophy and Waterman can go around again next year. Snadden and Brophy can develop for another year while Waterman is a talent who everyone dearly hopes can beat Glandular Fever and fulfill his footy dream.

We have 39 on our SL currently, 34 once we delist 1, trade/delist 4, retire 1 and upgrade Adamson. This leaves us with 5 ND picks and 4 RL picks. If we can pick up two more third rounders (Brown and McInness) and a second (Lamb) we might have the following picks (not including academy bids): 14, 30? (Lamb), 32, 48 (Brown), 49 (McInness), 50, 68. This leaves us in a strong position for pick swaps with the Academy teams; GWS and the Suns are the most likely to want points for bids. If we could turn our current picks into our first rounder, three seconds and a third then that would be awesome.

Everyone agrees that we have moved on from the athletic types to the genuine footballers who can use the ball and make good decisions. Based on the current phantoms, I think we need to have a look at the following in the ND:

1st rounder, pick 14: (Inside/Balanced midfielder) Venables, Scharenberg, Drew
2nd rounder x 3: (Inside/Balanced midfielder, KPF, Outside midfielder/flanker) Powell-Pepper, Fisher, Taranto, J.Graham, Kerr, Simpkin, Guelfi, Berry, Witherden
3rd rounder: Jake Waterman (F/S)

The rookie draft opens the door for plenty of talent to be picked up, not only from the draft year but the mature age players. Liam Ryan has come into contention but may be taken early. He strikes me as a Josh Hill type of marking forward, but I don't think thats high enough on our list of needs. A project ruck probably heads the list along with KPPs here including types like Luke Strnadica who seems to be dropping fast on the boards.

This is just my opinion but its something to spark a little bit of discussion - we're all a little fed up with some aspects of the club's conservatism and I hope we can make some tough decisions at the end of this year.

]. Liam Ryan has come into contention but may be taken early. He strikes me as a Josh Hill type of marking forward, but I don't think thats high enough on our list of needs. A project ruck probably heads the list along with KPPs here including types like Luke Strnadica who seems to be dropping fast on the boards.

This is just my opinion but its something to spark a little bit of discussion - we're all a little fed up with some aspects of the club's conservatism and I hope we can make some tough decisions at the end of this year.

Ryan seems to have faster/agile and more of crumber than Hill. I think thats the type of forward we needs someone that can crumb and has genuine x-factor. Hills pace is above average and so is his abillity to crumb.

Darcy Cameron and Tyler kietel are also two that are worth a rookie spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back