Player Watch Trent Bianco (Delisted 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

And I guess we take Poulter off a wing for Bianco? Where does Poulter go? Forward flank dead mans corner? Or back flank for Ruscoe? Then Ruscoe can go… goes on and on… we can’t rotate 15 blokes through the centre square, he has show he is a good kick inside 50 and has snagged a few, I’d say it’s where he should be for now. People have this obsession with where someone plays with no thought of the flow on effect and balance of the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It';s how you develop young players. We are not going anywhere this year, why not play Poulter on a forward flank if we go by your theory? You can rotate the whole team through the centre square if you like. Broomhead, Blair, Thomas, C.Brown and so on have all been victims of being played out of position and have suffered as a result. How many goals has Bianco kicked did you say?

It';s how you develop young players. We are not going anywhere this year, why not play Poulter on a forward flank if we go by your theory? You can rotate the whole team through the centre square if you like. Broomhead, Blair, Thomas, C.Brown and so on have all been victims of being played out of position and have suffered as a result. How many goals has Bianco kicked did you say?

I didn’t say… but Bianco has kicked 5 in 8.
I’m not sure rotating to the point of playing endless players through the centre square each game would do any good to anyone. They all get a few each? That’s not development in my eyes.
I understand that the likes of broomhead, Blair, Thomas and cal are centre square players as I wanted all of them to make it really badly! Especially the first 3. Through one of the years we had a few injuries and Blair played really well in there. Broomhead when not injured had a great patch of vfl footy in there… but it still comes down to who do you give up to play there. It’s to easy to say who should be there without looking at it as a whole and saying who shouldn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still not sold on him. Needs to get more of the footy to capitalise on his greatest strength, his disposal, and I'm not sure he has the tricks to do that. Especially given he lacks the pace needed to create separation. More midfield exposure might be just what he needs but at the moment he's behind quite a few.
I think it will come down to how high he can get his endurance. Run Trent run. Could possibly develop the strength to become an inside mid, but strength and endurance can be a bit of a trade off and I'd be betting on him being a better chance on the outside.

I think it will come down to how high he can get his endurance. Run Trent run. Could possibly develop the strength to become an inside mid, but strength and endurance can be a bit of a trade off and I'd be betting on him being a better chance on the outside.

Espically how well he uses the Ball

Don't understand how people want him dropped, so impressed with him, his kicking is elite and we don't have many of those.

Have been impressed what he has shown, especially his delivery. Looks a real chance to have a solid AFL career if he continues on this path. Probably not star material but hope he becomes a good player.

Have been impressed what he has shown, especially his delivery. Looks a real chance to have a solid AFL career if he continues on this path. Probably not star material but hope he becomes a good player.

I reckon he could Possibly have career good as Steele

He's a better kick than Sidearse ever was.

Sidey actually used to be a pretty decent kick of both pegs and a good decision maker to boot once upon a time in a galaxy far, far away. Nowadays I tend to cringe a little reflexively whenever he goes into his kicking motion, as the gulf between his best and worst efforts disposing of the ball by foot has widened almost epically compared to how he used to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sidey actually used to be a pretty decent kick of both pegs and a good decision maker to boot once upon a time in a galaxy far, far away. Nowadays I tend to cringe a little reflexively whenever he goes into his kicking motion, as the gulf between his best and worst efforts disposing of the ball by foot has widened almost epically compared to how he used to be.
He has always tended to drop his short passes about half a meter short - by no means all the time but enough to annoy me.

Pendles, Adams, JDG, Elliott, Daicos (likely x2), McInnes, Macrae, Poulter, Browns x2 just off the top of my head.

I have Bianco ahead of Brown Boys espically Callum.

Elliot not really a Midfielder.

He's had multiple games with 15+ disposals and can hit the scoreboard. I think that's pretty solid for a 20 year-old half-forward / wing in a weak side

Happy for people to form their own opinions.

I have Bianco ahead of Brown Boys espically Callum.

Elliot not really a Midfielder.

Elliott is a very good midfielder. I’d certainly want him in the guts ahead of Bianca at this stage in Bianco’s development.

He's a better kick than Sidearse ever was.
Bianco's skills aren't the issue with Sidebottom comparisons. Sidey has been an everready bunny for over a decade. That's where he'll struggle to compare - nearly everyone in the AFL struggles to compare in that regard.

Bianco's skills aren't the issue with Sidebottom comparisons. Sidey has been an everready bunny for over a decade. That's where he'll struggle to compare - nearly everyone in the AFL struggles to compare in that regard.
No argument sr I was only commenting on Sideys kicking.

Might end up more Tarkyn Lockyer level
That’s a great comparison. In fact all of our kids of 19-20 would do very well if they match the career of Lockyer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back