Player Watch Trent Bianco (Delisted 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

He's young and this is obviously unfair...

But I see Trent secretly squib at least a couple of contests in each game.

It's subtle things that need to be coached out of his game:

- Stepping out of the way of a looming marking contests to rove the pack instead.
- Positioning his body out of harm's way in one-on-one contests.
- Panicking under physical pressure (the infamous punching the ball away to the opposition when he had an eternity comes to mind).

How do I know he's doing it intentionally? Because when I was his age, I used to do the same thing.

His kicking looks a standard above every other draftee we've had for a decade and I'm not worried about the lack of speed, but if he wants to actually make it as an AFL footballer, he's going to need to grow a pair... and I'm confident that'll happen as he gets more confident after a summer or two in the gym.

- Stepping out of the way of a looming marking contests to rove the pack instead.
- Panicking under physical pressure (the infamous punching the ball away to the opposition when he had an eternity comes to mind).

How do I know he's doing it intentionally? Because when I was his age, I used to do the same thing.

His kicking looks a standard above every other draftee we've had for a decade and I'm not worried about the lack of speed, but if he wants to actually make it as an AFL footballer, he's going to need to grow a pair... and I'm confident that'll happen as he gets more confident after a summer or two in the gym.
Josh Daicos was a bit similar when he was younger. Would never try and engage in physical contests. After a few years in the gym he's actually got quite a strong core - hopefully Bianco follows suit, and I imagine he will

Rater him be on the Outside then be too Inside as I say he been playing mostly Outside as Underage Player

it is the quality of the 69 that matters.

Kicking efficiency just under 62%, ranked 400th in the league, behind even Callum Brown…. Just saying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kicking efficiency just under 62%, ranked 400th in the league, behind even Callum Brown…. Just saying.
More interested in what his kick rating is than his efficiency. His position as a forward flanker means he’s going to be trying to hit targets inside 50 frequently and that’s going to lower his KE significantly. I’m sure I read somewhere that he has the highest % of inside 50’s that we’ve retained possession of at the club, and you don’t achieve that by being a bad kick.

One other indicator is a tendency to hang back to be the tackler rather than the tackled. The beauty of this one is that it gives you a "grunt" stat.

More interested in what his kick rating is than his efficiency. His position as a forward flanker means he’s going to be trying to hit targets inside 50 frequently and that’s going to lower his KE significantly. I’m sure I read somewhere that he has the highest % of inside 50’s that we’ve retained possession of at the club, and you don’t achieve that by being a bad kick.

Be lovely to get that level of stats, sadly not going to happen any time soon.

Yep. Guys like Jack Frost and Nathan Brown had much better kicking efficiency stats than Alan Didak.

One of the nice things about Bianco is that he looks to spot up targets and doesn't just bomb it long to the hotspot (which is rarely effective, but usually categorised as efficient.)

Sure, but he’s attempting far more dangerous kicks, and instead of kicking long to contests (which is classed as efficient) he can actually put it to the forward’s advantage.

Sure, but he’s attempting far more dangerous kicks, and instead of kicking long to contests (which is classed as efficient) he can actually put it to the forward’s advantage.

Yep, not disputing that. He can also tend to be short on desired length to leading forwards which I'd assume is where a lot of his inefficient kicks stem from.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back