Player Watch Trent Bianco (Delisted 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair he's been very poor the past month, his kicking is his only strength and even that's been bad.
I've got no issue with him being left out. JT is playing alright, McCreery gives us more oomph, and Bianco doesn't look ready for the midfield.

I just think it's funny that they release a Trent is a good bloke fluff video at the same time he is dropped. I think hell be the sub though.

There is no VFL.
None of the young guys is really ready to play this year. They were exposed tonight after quarter time, though Ginnivan and Henry were playing forward and probably spent much of the game spectating. McCreery was very quiet - I suspect he laid some tackles, but he wasn't getting the ball like he was in his earlier games. Bianco may as well not been out there for all the impact he had. If we hadn't shed so many players through injury and trades, none of these guys would be getting a regular game.

None of the young guys is really ready to play this year. They were exposed tonight after quarter time, though Ginnivan and Henry were playing forward and probably spent much of the game spectating. McCreery was very quiet - I suspect he laid some tackles, but he wasn't getting the ball like he was in his earlier games. Bianco may as well not been out there for all the impact he had. If we hadn't shed so many players through injury and trades, none of these guys would be getting a regular game.
Yep, it’s a bit of a mess at the moment. Doesn’t help when the experienced players don’t stand up.

Most of these kids didn't expect to play as quickly as they have. Although with Ginni, he forced his way in from dominating. But we had little choice, but it'll hold them in good stead. Gave them some experience going into a pre-season into season 2022.

Most of these kids didn't expect to play as quickly as they have. Although with Ginni, he forced his way in from dominating. But we had little choice, but it'll hold them in good stead. Gave them some experience going into a pre-season into season 2022.
We've found a few. I'm confident about McRae, Henry, Ginnivan and Ruscoe. Mcreery and Poulter look likely and Bianco a chance. It's been a good year in that sense.

We've found a few. I'm confident about McRae, Henry, Ginnivan and Ruscoe. Mcreery looks likely and Bianco a chance.
We definitely have.
If there is one thing this year has shown us, its that. Good signs going into next year. They'll all benefit with another pre-season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We definitely have.
If there is one thing this year has shown us, its that. Good signs going into next year. They'll all benefit with another pre-season.

History may end up looking back at this off season very differently than we have viewed it. I wish we still had Stephenson, but we would still have been ordinary if we had have kept the blokes we lost.

We've found a few. I'm confident about McRae, Henry, Ginnivan and Ruscoe. Mcreery and Poulter look likely and Bianco a chance. It's been a good year in that sense.
I wasn't so impressed with Ruscoe last night. His disposal let him down badly and I can't say I had any idea who his opponent might be as I never saw him in a one on one contest. Nevertheless I will reserve my judgement till next year under a real coach. Whatever Sier has done it must be really bad because it's very hard to see how he didn't get a game last night. McCrae started really well and is my favourite of the newbies, but he largely disappeared from the game after his ankle injury.

So sick of the kids being expected to do more. When we have the usual suspects in JT and Hosk doing sfa.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

JT had an epic chase and tackle through the middle, I was ok with his efforts. Needs to stop cutting Ginnivan’s lunch though.

He was invisible tonight.

He is a 2nd year player in a team getting pumped vs a very strong bodied and hungry side.

He has the tools needs a big year in the gym which will help him immensely.

Wish we could poach lions strength and conditioning team...ours always seem to leave us skinny and weak in comparison to certain sides.

Look at Starcevichs development at Lions compared to some of our guys. Geelong another team who bulk and strengthen them well.

He is a 2nd year player in a team getting pumped vs a very strong bodied and hungry side.

He has the tools needs a big year in the gym which will help him immensely.

Wish we could poach lions strength and conditioning team...ours always seem to leave us skinny and weak in comparison to certain sides.

Look at Starcevichs development at Lions compared to some of our guys. Geelong another team who bulk and strengthen them well.
Maybe so, but all this doesn't changed the fact that he was largely unsighted last night. Doesn't mean it will stay that way for the rest of his career. Perhaps people who were touting him as the next Pendlebury will wait and see what another year brings before there next player prediction. We overrate our own too easily on the strength of a couple of moves and disposals.

27 & 29. You expect more from two senior players.

They are non existent when the heat is on.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don’t get this logic at all, you do realise this is the AFL and we have salary caps? And that there is generally an opposition and we can’t have 600 possessions and 88 goals each week? Do you also know that players in just about every sport play a role, some are played out of position for the benefit of the team?

Not saying they are our best players, but more that not everybody’s value is measured in kicks and goals.

Maybe so, but all this doesn't changed the fact that he was largely unsighted last night. Doesn't mean it will stay that way for the rest of his career. Perhaps people who were touting him as the next Pendlebury will wait and see what another year brings before there next player prediction. We overrate our own too easily on the strength of a couple of moves and disposals.

Bianco cops it for his 10 possession game while McCrae gets respect for his 16 possession game even though McCrae played a more on-ball role including centre square.
I don’t think we should be judging anyone by last nights performance.

I don’t get this logic at all, you do realise this is the AFL and we have salary caps? And that there is generally an opposition and we can’t have 600 possessions and 88 goals each week? Do you also know that players in just about every sport play a role, some are played out of position for the benefit of the team?

Not saying they are our best players, but more that not everybody’s value is measured in kicks and goals.

Logic is , if they arent playing a pivotal role at 27 and 29 and dissapearing when the game is on. Their list spot is vulnerable. At the moment their output isnt streets ahead of our first years players. Thats the point. Theyd be on double the salary of the first year kids. But their output is well below what it should be,

You dont understand that logic but in same breath you expect more from first year players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back