Player Watch Trent Bianco (Delisted 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

We've found a few. I'm confident about McRae, Henry, Ginnivan and Ruscoe. Mcreery and Poulter look likely and Bianco a chance. It's been a good year in that sense.

they’ve all been good at times but none of them outstandingly so, as evidenced by zero rising star nominations. Plenty of development required and plenty of risk that a good number of them won’t make the grade.

henry and McRae might be the pick of the bunch. Hopefully we get a glimpse of Reef next week.

they’ve all been good at times but none of them outstandingly so, as evidenced by zero rising star nominations. Plenty of development required and plenty of risk that a good number of them won’t make the grade.

henry and McRae might be the pick of the bunch. Hopefully we get a glimpse of Reef next week.
I think the rising star is irrelevant. The award is really about who is the most developed at 19, rather than who is the most developable. I think it's a good bunch. A few of our kids already look cleaner than some of our stars.

They will all play 200 games and win at least three Collingwood premierships.

Bianco cops it for his 10 possession game while McCrae gets respect for his 16 possession game even though McCrae played a more on-ball role including centre square.
I don’t think we should be judging anyone by last nights performance.
McCrae was playing well till he hurt his ankle. Bianco's game had fallen away to the point where he was dropped. I am not judging anyone on last night's game, but I think the performance was a good reality check for some of the younger players. With Bianco I just thought it was a big call to suggest he would be the next Pendlebury.

McCrae was playing well till he hurt his ankle. Bianco's game had fallen away to the point where he was dropped. I am not judging anyone on last night's game, but I think the performance was a good reality check for some of the younger players. With Bianco I just thought it was a big call to suggest he would be the next Pendlebury.

I think the last few weeks serves as a good reality check for some of the posters on this board about some of the younger players. We do not have a group of young stars on our hands.

I think the rising star is irrelevant. The award is really about who is the most developed at 19, rather than who is the most developable. I think it's a good bunch. A few of our kids already look cleaner than some of our stars.

I hope you are right and I think there’s a good chance you might be. But i Prefer to be cautiously optimistic and also pragmatic.

Logic is , if they arent playing a pivotal role at 27 and 29 and dissapearing when the game is on. Their list spot is vulnerable. At the moment their output isnt streets ahead of our first years players. Thats the point. Theyd be on double the salary of the first year kids. But their output is well below what it should be,

You dont understand that logic but in same breath you expect more from first year players.
I wasnt expecting more from first year players, I was saying that they should develop in the 2’s…too much time in the 1’s can be a bad thing for development.

Sometimes it’s hard to progress if you’re a mere role player. I get your point, I just don’t agree with everyone slagging certain players week in week out irrespective of performance. They were both solid relative to the team performance yesterday.

Last edited:
I think the last few weeks serves as a good reality check for some of the posters on this board about some of the younger players. We do not have a group of young stars on our hands.

Whilst I agree with you JB...remember Pendles wasn't actually Pendles for the first year or two as well.

Like all teams, our performance is going to ebb and flow based on the performance of our senior players. Anyone expecting the first year players to carry much of the load, is dreaming. I think sone our kids have stood up quite well over the last few weeks, considering they've been playing in a team that is struggling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wasnt expecting more from first year players, I was saying that they should develop in the 2’s…too much time in the 1’s can be a bad thing for development.

Sometimes it’s hard to progress if you’re a mere role player. I get your point, I just don’t agree with everyone slagging certain players week in week out irrespective of performance. They were both solid relative to the team performance yesterday.

There lies the issue. VFL has missed a few weeks hasn’t it ?

I’m not slagging off JT and WHE either. Both their form has been down since our GF year. Poor list management has gifted them games with no pressure from the guys under them.

Again Covid has made it hard for everything. But if we are to be a better club we need to stop gifting games to senior players. Likewise youngsters. But give me five games against Bianco/Poulter/Macrae name than another five against whe or JT

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

WHE needs to be in a good team.
I feel like he’s been pretty good this year despite playing in a crap team. Up forward yes he has to be in a good team.

Bianco cops it for his 10 possession game while McCrae gets respect for his 16 possession game even though McCrae played a more on-ball role including centre square.
I don’t think we should be judging anyone by last nights performance.

McRae only had bout 60% or so game time... so the 16 touches at what was 80% or so efficiency is a solid effort for a first year kid.

McReery hasn’t been the same since coming back from the hamstring. Bianco’s quieter, Poulter is obviously spent...

I don’t mind the kids having quiet games at this point in what is a dead season... their bodies must be feeling it at this time of year

McRae only had bout 60% or so game time... so the 16 touches at what was 80% or so efficiency is a solid effort for a first year kid.

McReery hasn’t been the same since coming back from the hamstring. Bianco’s quieter, Poulter is obviously spent...

I don’t mind the kids having quiet games at this point in what is a dead season... their bodies must be feeling it at this time of year

Most of that “efficiency” was one metre handballs, it’s a very silly stat.

Most of that “efficiency” was one metre handballs, it’s a very silly stat.
Agree that it's a silly stat. But some 1 metre handballs are really effective and open the game up. Metres gained is another sill stat that says very little other than what style of player you're looking at.

We've found a few. I'm confident about McRae, Henry, Ginnivan and Ruscoe. Mcreery and Poulter look likely and Bianco a chance. It's been a good year in that sense.

Agree although slightly different groupings.

Confident: Macrae, Henry, McCreery, Ginnivan
Optimistic: Ruscoe, Poulter, Bianco.

Only ever been a minority view. Realistically, how many poster's opinions are swayed by those overly optimistic views. They remain a group of promising kids. As promising as any debutantes we've had in quite some time.

Macrae & McCreery even. They're not even hard names to get right FFS.

Whilst I agree with you JB...remember Pendles wasn't actually Pendles for the first year or two as well.

Pendles was 2nd in the Copeland in his second year, in a team that made a prelim, that had Buckley, Swan, Burns, Clement, Licuria on the list....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back