Player Watch Trey Ruscoe (Delisted 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember when nathan murphy came in when we had those injuries a couple of years back. He made mistakes, but I remember him going back into packs to take marks. He showed something...something... something..

Here's what draft central said about trey..." At 192 centimetres, some clubs may view him as a key position player, while others may view him as a medium-sized hybrid player. However, the club that does pick him up will have a player who is competitive, and hates losing. He also has the skills and the smarts to beat his opponents.

well he's not a key position or a hybrid....and it's news to me that he hates losing. I know he's a kid and it's not his fault that we fail to pick players who are physically capable of doing the job.

Why dont we see nathan murphy? Does he have a bad attitude? Well we ditched a bloke last year for something like that. I just don't understand. You gift games to a kid who doesn't do anything but you dont give a go to a bloke who showed a bit in the backline 2 years ago.

I remember when nathan murphy came in when we had those injuries a couple of years back. He made mistakes, but I remember him going back into packs to take marks. He showed something...something... something..

Here's what draft central said about trey..." At 192 centimetres, some clubs may view him as a key position player, while others may view him as a medium-sized hybrid player. However, the club that does pick him up will have a player who is competitive, and hates losing. He also has the skills and the smarts to beat his opponents.

well he's not a key position or a hybrid....and it's news to me that he hates losing. I know he's a kid and it's not his fault that we fail to pick players who are physically capable of doing the job.

Why dont we see nathan murphy? Does he have a bad attitude? Well we ditched a bloke last year for something like that. I just don't understand. You gift games to a kid who doesn't do anything but you dont give a go to a bloke who showed a bit in the backline 2 years ago.
Is that a typo skills and smarts??? Dont make me laugh

is the polar opposite from having skills or smarts

First class snipers on here.
Yep! We have so many posters here who are happy to assess a new player after just one or two games, and will write their whole career off on the strength of what they've seen! Some of those posters are people who I expect to post absolute rubbish, but there's a few who I consider to be more reasonable with their views yet end up talking the same sh** as the regular idiots!

First class snipers on here.
Why is criticism of a player sniping? Credit is given when due and players get paid big bucks to perform. When they rarely touch the pill or fail to even halve an aerial contest that player deserves the criticism that comes his way. I want Buckley to explain what exactly he thinks Roscoes' strengths are and what his role is supposed to be.

Yep! We have so many posters here who are happy to assess a new player after just one or two games, and will write their whole career off on the strength of what they've seen! Some of those posters are people who I expect to post absolute rubbish, but there's a few who I consider to be more reasonable with their views yet end up talking the same sh** as the regular idiots!
I've seen players get three or four possessions in a debut and you can immediately see what they bring to the table and what they will become given time and experience. Tyler Brown comes to mind. He's done very little but you can glimpse the potential every so often. Trey had shown nothing to get remotely excited about in five or so games.

I've seen players get three or four possessions in a debut and you can immediately see what they bring to the table and what they will become given time and experience. Tyler Brown comes to mind. He's done very little but you can glimpse the potential every so often. Trey had shown nothing to get remotely excited about in five or so games.

Beautifully put Domie. He hasn't fired one shot. You could say that about Henry, but I'd give him a few more games and at least he took that mark a couple of weeks ago. Trey has made a great phone call and that's about it.

Let me help you. I think Trey's role is to add some mongrel and then a bit more mongrel ...and a few laughs about his mum... and a few stories about the boys back in perth and the barbies... that's his role
You could be right. They gave him the host's microphone for the hilarious players' skit on who should be our next president this week. :huh:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As we all know we are very short on goalscoring options, but Ruscoe did manage to boot 2 goals in 2 of his 4 games in his debut year. So he has at least shown something. I hardly think that he's the answer to our prayers, but for a team that has major issues with scoring we can't afford to write anyone with some sort of potential off so quickly!

Quite clearly an insipid performance, hate the softness that permeates the group. Having said that, tough night for forwards...especially a full forward reliant on quick ball movement and delivery.

he’s way off the mark atm, he should play out the year in the reserves.

You could be right. They gave him the host's microphone for the hilarious players' skit on who should be our next president this week. :huh:

Yes, I saw that. He's a natural.......natural MC at an end of season piss-up.

I shouldn't be too hard on him. It's not his fault that he won't make the grade. I'm madder at the people who drafted him.

Second year blues. Give him time. Good shot on goal and okay over head. Just needs another year of development and bulk would not hurt. Much bigger problems at the moment.

Yes, I saw that. He's a natural.......natural MC at an end of season piss-up.

I shouldn't be too hard on him. It's not his fault that he won't make the grade. I'm madder at the people who drafted him.
Over Riccardi for that matter.

There are more senior players and footy dept I’d be getting into. Trey had a bad game. He will learn from it. Whether he plays 100 games for the club remains to be seen.

What’s WHE excuse? Josh Thomas?
Where’s Grundys million dollar form gone? Nathan Buckley after 10 years as a coach?

Why has the footy dept botched the list to the point where we have so many late pick and rookie pick draftees like Ruscoe? So many project KPPs rather than top 20 pick KPPs?

Reality is that We’re gonna see Trey and others play plenty of games like that this year because our shoddy list mismanagement means we need to blood the kids in 2021... or our list falls off a cliff in the next few years when Pendles, Sidebottom, Howe etc retire

Surprised he is so soft, pulls out of everything
If you could delist after Rnd 1 - you would.

Just putrid.
Quite clearly an insipid performance, hate the softness that permeates the group. Having said that, tough night for forwards...especially a full forward reliant on quick ball movement and delivery.

he’s way off the mark atm, he should play out the year in the reserves.
He’s a vfl player at best. If that. I’ve seen 100+ of these guys come and go over the blast 10 years
Looked a long way off it both physically and with his game/pace/skills. Did avoid a few contests.

Yep, yep, yep, yep and yep

Stood out like a sore thumb as not up to it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back