Banter TRTT Part 14: 2022 Goodbye (To 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You all laugh, but:

What are the signs of dementia?

Signs of dementia might not be easy to see at first.

You might have:

• memory loss
• changes in your planning and problem-solving skills
• trouble doing everyday tasks
• changes in your mood and personality
• a lack of interest in things and activities you used to enjoy
• poor judgement and lack of insight
• problems with speaking and writing
• confusion about time and place
• superhuman strength with the ability to rip phone books in half with your bare hands

You have never been in that position.

I'm 91kg, with little body fat, I can bench 130kg. I've had a 40kg lady with dementia physically overpower me

What did she charge for that?

She swiftly grabbed my pen from my pocket and tried to stab me in the throat with it.

old ladies with dementia are well known for their dexterity and swiftness of movement.

old ladies with dementia are well known for their dexterity and swiftness of movement.

Do your CERT III, work in a dementia ward in the afternoon for a week, then get back to me.

Nothing about this situation is funny at all. We have elderly dementia patients who are exhibiting psychotic behaviours, we have academics who are in favour of letting them kill each other because restraints are evil. We have aged care staff who are either ignoring these behaviours or covering them up to save their jobs and we have police officers who are treating these people like they are criminals when all they need is strong sedation.

This lies on the government who took advice from academic idiots. The anti restraint brigade got their way and people are dying because of their recklessness.

Do your CERT III, work in a dementia ward in the afternoon for a week, then get back to me.

Nothing about this situation is funny at all. We have elderly dementia patients who are exhibiting psychotic behaviours, we have academics who are in favour of letting them kill each other because restraints are evil. We have aged care staff who are either ignoring these behaviours or covering them up to save their jobs and we have police officers who are treating these people like they are criminals when all they need is strong sedation.

This lies on the government who took advice from academic idiots. The anti restraint brigade got their way and people are dying because of their recklessness.
Thank you Nurse Ratched.

My MIL long term chronic depressant schizophrenic. Spent many months at Glenside back in the day.

Normally wouldn't hurt a fly but when triggered I wouldn't even try to defuse a situation.

That said I would still be pissed if someone used a tazer to try and settle her.

Last edited:

I don't need to work in a dementia ward to know that I don't need a taser to take down a knife wielding 95 year old woman with a walker

I don't need to work in a dementia ward to know that I don't need a taser to take down a knife wielding 95 year old woman with a walker

Bet you never thought that was a thing you’d have to say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor Puddy finally realises there's more then the covid thread on bigfooty and still gets torn apart by everyone

Not really. Just providing background on the situation. This has been brewing for a long time, it's no surprise that it's now blowing up.

If this resident has been chemically restrained, it's highly unlikely that this situation would have occurred.

We need to be preventing these events, not reacting to them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back