Universal Love TRTT Part 8: Random thoughts also sack Hinkley

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The ABC's reputation for being 'left leaning' isn't entirely undeserved when these platforms aren't giving their guests equal opportunity to voice their POV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edgyboi there's such thing as false equivalence and sometimes not everyone deserves an equal platform.

Example: murdoch press for years and years trying to "balance" climate change reporting by including a bunch of climate skeptic denial bs.

People who believe in flat earth don't deserve equal airtime as a a professor in astrophysics

... Sees One Nation get interrupted after four words in to an answer to a question directed toward them. ..
Given that one of Pauline's policies is to build a new coal fired power station in SA I'd say that was four words too many.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a campaigner of a night I'm sick of these stinky shorts it should be house pants weather by now **** OFF!!!

Edgyboi there's such thing as false equivalence and sometimes not everyone deserves an equal platform.

Example: murdoch press for years and years trying to "balance" climate change reporting by including a bunch of climate skeptic denial bs.

People who believe in flat earth don't deserve equal airtime as a a professor in astrophysics
True. It just needs to be extended to Greenies don’t deserve equal air time as Nuclear Physicists who tell us Gen 4 reactors are safe or anti-GMO conspiracy theorists with scientists who say it’s completely safe. It’s the selective issues the ABC chooses to support or give time for false equivalence that is the problem.

If the ABC (by extension of who they gave air time / tacit support to) was all
of pro-climate change is real, pro nuclear power, anti-racist, anti-homophobic, pro-vaccines AND pro GMO foods they wouldn’t look like Left learning cherry picking hypocrites.

The ABC's reputation for being 'left leaning' isn't entirely undeserved when these platforms aren't giving their guests equal opportunity to voice their POV.

Giving those extremist campaigners the opportunity to 'voice their POV' is what leads to s**t like the Christchurch shooting.

The Libs get treated perfectly fairly by the ABC. Anyone further right than them doesn't deserve a platform. Just because there are multiple sides to an issue doesn't mean that all of those sides have merit.

Does that mean anything left of the Labor party is not deserving of a platform, an extremist campaigner and lead to things like Vegans invading farms, Mao's Great Famine and Stalinist purges and people being sent to Gulags?

Lol @ comparing some vegan loonies to chairman Mao and Stalin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back