Media VeinMedia Presents... Opposition Analysis: S30 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Im surprised no ones risen to ‘the people’s EKA winner’. No matter, I see GWS Goose approaching.
I ignored the blatant trolling.

We all know that the universally loved Goose is the true peoples champion. serial_thrilla endless data may have confused the punters on voting day.

I ignored the blatant trolling.

We all know that the universally loved Goose is the true peoples champion. serial_thrilla endless data may have confused the punters on voting day.

Russian interference you say?

Round 11
Baghdad Bombers Vs Coney Island Warriors
At Abdu Prison

RATINGS

The Stalwart

251E54C5-853B-4239-89EB-6B53EE3747A2.gif

Doctor Colossus

Pants received this rating in our earlier encounter, fast forward a couple months and nothing has changed. He even smiled once.
We still have the issue of the many malpractice suits to sift through, but I know a guy who knows a guy from downtown who knows another guy, so we should be sweet.

That’ll be $20k thanks.

The Up and Comer

DF531504-BFA1-43E7-84A6-1BF01D182861.png

FootyGuy13

It takes all kinds to make the league tick. You’ve got your universally loved and respected posters; think myself, Tonga Bob, those types...

And you’ve got the number crunchers; like Loonerty, Serial_Numbers and this guy.

The stats man.
Seemed to enjoy himself when he did pop his head in and will be an asset to the statskeepers of the league for seasons to come.

The Fallen Hero

28C5C996-D10C-47A8-B8E9-33476785A6D4.gif

BEEG

This bloke is one of the main reasons I love facing the Warriors every season. The former Bomber turned Warrior enforcer has a great sense of humour and won’t back down from an argument, but in our latest encounter I didn’t lay eyes on him.

Not once.

The match thread was poorer without his contributions and I hope he finds his way back to the board in good time.

The Court Jester

3093B6A0-AAE4-48E9-A939-1FD9F2A17081.jpeg

Tonga Bob

The S29 people’s choice EKA winner has gone from strength to strength with the Warriors, and has a unique sense of humour which is sure to please the masses.
The dedication this man shows to his club is second to none, as he still managed 88 quality posts whilst on holiday this week.

A future captain.

The People’s Champion’s People’s Champion

A8626CBB-F05E-4441-9EF4-EC1BFFDDA0B5.gif

NaturalDisaster

Tiffy got this rating earlier in the year, but this week I felt that ND was deserving of it. Is a constant in the Warriors threads and has been an absolute asset to them since crossing from the East Side Hawks last season. Hasn’t let the admin campaign get in the way of him having some fun, and is one of the very few who ‘gets’ the league.

Thanks for tuning in for another round of analysis and ratings people, we are getting closer and closer to the pointy end of this season.

Up next, our rematch with the Fighting Furies

56D06C47-7976-4D7D-93A1-C0BC0C51B00A.gif

Round 11
Baghdad Bombers Vs Coney Island Warriors
At Abdu Prison

RATINGS

The Stalwart

View attachment 983363

Doctor Colossus

Pants received this rating in our earlier encounter, fast forward a couple months and nothing has changed. He even smiled once.
We still have the issue of the many malpractice suits to sift through, but I know a guy who knows a guy from downtown who knows another guy, so we should be sweet.

That’ll be $20k thanks.

The Up and Comer

View attachment 983365

FootyGuy13

It takes all kinds to make the league tick. You’ve got your universally loved and respected posters; think myself, Tonga Bob, those types...

And you’ve got the number crunchers; like Loonerty, Serial_Numbers and this guy.

The stats man.
Seemed to enjoy himself when he did pop his head in and will be an asset to the statskeepers of the league for seasons to come.

The Fallen Hero

View attachment 983366

BEEG

This bloke is one of the main reasons I love facing the Warriors every season. The former Bomber turned Warrior enforcer has a great sense of humour and won’t back down from an argument, but in our latest encounter I didn’t lay eyes on him.

Not once.

The match thread was poorer without his contributions and I hope he finds his way back to the board in good time.

The Court Jester

View attachment 983364

Tonga Bob

The S29 people’s choice EKA winner has gone from strength to strength with the Warriors, and has a unique sense of humour which is sure to please the masses.
The dedication this man shows to his club is second to none, as he still managed 88 quality posts whilst on holiday this week.

A future captain.

The People’s Champion’s People’s Champion

View attachment 983367

NaturalDisaster

Tiffy got this rating earlier in the year, but this week I felt that ND was deserving of it. Is a constant in the Warriors threads and has been an absolute asset to them since crossing from the East Side Hawks last season. Hasn’t let the admin campaign get in the way of him having some fun, and is one of the very few who ‘gets’ the league.

Thanks for tuning in for another round of analysis and ratings people, we are getting closer and closer to the pointy end of this season.

Up next, our rematch with the Fighting Furies

View attachment 983387

Cheers Tony. Is there a curse attached to being the people’s choice EKA winner though?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope, but history suggests whoever finished 3rd is usually the best poster in the long run.

GWS Goose just got a bird-boner I reckon.
You have accurately predicted my current state of arousal.

You, are of course, correct.

Round 12 Vs Fighting Furies
Round 12
Fighting Furies Vs Baghdad Bombers
At rfctigerarmy’s Hippodrome

Round 12 saw the mighty Bombers travel to the Hippodrome in the return matchup against the neck-punching, goon-swilling, std-riddled Furies outfit in what was sure to be a fiery encounter.

Well, although it was a fun week it failed to reach the angsty heights of our earlier match against them, as there were a few notable absentees, but we’ll get to that in a moment.

Right, the Furies, let’s talk about who posted and what they contributed to the weeks festivities.

It was the new breed of Furie flogs that did the heavy lifting, and they were well-led by sophomore bone2468 Bastyy who punched out an impressive 140, young rookie upstart Mister M who posted 85 times and got into the spirit of the thread, and Quivs alt JackBero who smashed an impressive quick-fire 82 before being annihilated on game day by the remorseless sim.

TJASTA managed a very respectable 80 posts with most of them being his familiar catch-cry of fu** up, or a range of pleasant dinosaur sounds, and the 245kg love muscle Tigerturbulance posted 63 times and is currently enrolled in BlueVein’s school of tagging and multi-quoting.

Rioli8217 managed to thpeak to me in riddleth and there wath a few mike tython memeth flying about, former Bomber Norma Lee Ava notched up 50 posts of pure delight, and my multi-quoting compatriot The Half Back had a solid outing of 47 before losing interest and doing something else.

In sticking true to our morals and values, we welcomed opposition posters into the thread for alternative entertainment, with PMBangers , Chipmunk , BLUEALLTHRU , Metalcrusher and NaturalDisaster combining for 150 neutral posts of pure, unadulterated goodness.

Wheat germ drinker and goon aficionado Ned_Flanders posted 27 times, whilst resident stats lord Hate chipped in for 20 posts in an encouraging performance for the former admin.
Here are a few of them prepping for a big day on the qooty field.
AB2B95D8-B900-4796-980B-D64BA3142C35.jpeg
The Fighting Furies had a whopping 18 posters contribute to the thread across the week, mostly due to my superior tagging skills (weird flex campaigner) and their list is in great shape moving forward.

They have a strong media presence with Turbo and his podcasts being a massive hit across the league, plus TJ, a quieter yet still active EJW, and a resurgent Halfy their media stocks are looking blue-chip.

Backed up by a strong voice in committee and some promising rooks in the last few seasons and the Fighting Furies are most certainly on the right track.

Up next, the all-important ratings.​

Round 12
Fighting Furies Vs Baghdad Bombers
At rfctigerarmy’s Hippodrome

Round 12 saw the mighty Bombers travel to the Hippodrome in the return matchup against the neck-punching, goon-swilling, std-riddled Furies outfit in what was sure to be a fiery encounter.

Well, although it was a fun week it failed to reach the angsty heights of our earlier match against them, as there were a few notable absentees, but we’ll get to that in a moment.

Right, the Furies, let’s talk about who posted and what they contributed to the weeks festivities.

It was the new breed of Furie flogs that did the heavy lifting, and they were well-led by sophomore bone2468 Bastyy who punched out an impressive 140, young rookie upstart Mister M who posted 85 times and got into the spirit of the thread, and Quivs alt JackBero who smashed an impressive quick-fire 82 before being annihilated on game day by the remorseless sim.

TJASTA managed a very respectable 80 posts with most of them being his familiar catch-cry of fu** up, or a range of pleasant dinosaur sounds, and the 245kg love muscle Tigerturbulance posted 63 times and is currently enrolled in BlueVein’s school of tagging and multi-quoting.

Rioli8217 managed to thpeak to me in riddleth and there wath a few mike tython memeth flying about, former Bomber Norma Lee Ava notched up 50 posts of pure delight, and my multi-quoting compatriot The Half Back had a solid outing of 47 before losing interest and doing something else.

In sticking true to our morals and values, we welcomed opposition posters into the thread for alternative entertainment, with PMBangers , Chipmunk , BLUEALLTHRU , Metalcrusher and NaturalDisaster combining for 150 neutral posts of pure, unadulterated goodness.

Wheat germ drinker and goon aficionado Ned_Flanders posted 27 times, whilst resident stats lord Hate chipped in for 20 posts in an encouraging performance for the former admin.
Here are a few of them prepping for a big day on the qooty field.
View attachment 989324
The Fighting Furies had a whopping 18 posters contribute to the thread across the week, mostly due to my superior tagging skills (weird flex campaigner) and their list is in great shape moving forward.

They have a strong media presence with Turbo and his podcasts being a massive hit across the league, plus TJ, a quieter yet still active EJW, and a resurgent Halfy their media stocks are looking blue-chip.

Backed up by a strong voice in committee and some promising rooks in the last few seasons and the Fighting Furies are most certainly on the right track.

Up next, the all-important ratings.​
I noticed a few Furies posted in the SFA for the first time in a while this week. Great to see!

Might need to tag a few Bombers next week though. If I recall correctly, only 14 of them appeared this week. :(
The fewer the better as far as i am concerned when referring to Bombers.

Might need to tag a few Bombers next week though. If I recall correctly, only 14 of them appeared this week. :(
Unfortunately a few of them have RL issues and posting on a footy forum isn’t exactly prioritised in the scheme of it all.

The fewer the better as far as i am concerned when referring to Bombers.
So funny that you should appear here mate. I actually found a recent picture of you yesterday.

5B02D716-678E-4001-A255-B93D90BBE172.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back