News We’re going to Dingleyland! Construction to begin.

Remove this Banner Ad

I second this post...perhaps the bleaters can put a ticket together? then again, people who whinge a lot about politics, board members etc do nothing about it themselves

It’s Kennett’s personal fiefdom and there’s no succession plan.

Well, except him. If he’s going to recruit the board, he owes us better.

But he can yap, yap, yap away. Regardless of how we think of him, in the memory of most Victorians he’s a former premier, so everything is political.

I am still waiting for a single post to address the actual issue: why it’s ok for our president to deliberately and repeatedly act in a way he thought would cost the club millions of dollars in funding for a major financial commitment. No politics, just an explanation as to why that is acceptable and in the best interests of the football club

Last edited:

So, any actual news on Dingley?

Any recent photos that someone would like to share?

I drove past there yesterday, not much going on.

Gee it‘s a big parcel of land that will only substantially increase in value in the not to distant future, our board and footy department should be congratulated for having the foresight to invest in the venture, it has so many possibilities.

Gee it‘s a big parcel of land that will only substantially increase in value in the not to distant future, our board and footy department should be congratulated for having the foresight to invest in the venture, it has so many possibilities.
Our Board, except Jeff.

I heard that his dog did a poo there & he only cleaned up the big piece - like totally just left the smaller bit...

Jeff is a two-edged sword. His best is great and his worst hurts the club. I think the mood on here is reflective that, in his second stint as president, his best hasn't been as good and his worst has been a lot worse. Chest beating over Andrews hurt the club (Jeff acknowledges this). He needs to prioritise Hawthorn or step aside.

I am still waiting for a single post to address the actual issue: why it’s ok for our president to deliberately and repeatedly act in a way he thought would cost the club millions of dollars in funding for a major financial commitment. No politics, just an explanation as to why that is acceptable and in the best interests of the football club
But Big Dan Andrews said no matter what Jeff said, it would not have had any impact on the decision to give out a Gov handout.

So according to Dan Jeff could have called him a complete moron who ****ed up so badly it cost people their lives and Billions of dollars, and it would be water of a ducks back.

Of course all this is true but Dan says it made no impact

Like most people that serve on boards he’s on other boards. So in this example, maybe, just maybe him being on beyond blue board or ambassador he thought the mental health of 6 million Victorians was a good reason to point out the absolute incompetence and failure to accept responsibility of the Vic government

Like most people that serve on boards he’s on other boards. So in this example, maybe, just maybe him being on beyond blue board or ambassador he thought the mental health of 6 million Victorians was a good reason to point out the absolute incompetence and failure to accept responsibility of the Vic government

he isn’t on the beyond blue board

I drove past there yesterday, not much going on.

Thanks for the response mate 🤙

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he can't manage the conflict of interest between being Hawthorn president and other interests then he needs to relive himself of one or the other. It isn't about whether or not what he said was justified from the point of view of other interests, it is simply what he said and how he said it were against the interests of the hawthorn Football club. As Jeff acknowledges, it wasn't in the club’s interests.

Last edited:
JK is no longer a serving politician
JK is no longer a Beyond Blue Board member

JK IS the president of the HFC. He needs to focus on what is in the best interests of the club - end of story

It’s Kennett’s personal fiefdom and there’s no succession plan.

Why should there be a succession plan when he has just been re-elected?
That is probably 18 months away so something is in place for the expiration of his term.

Why should there be a succession plan when he has just been re-elected?
That is probably 18 months away so something is in place for the expiration of his term.
He returned to find a successor to Garvey, not spend a full two terms as president. It isn’t easy to find the right person but there is very little communication around progress on this front so it leaves him open to people doubting the sincerity of his effort to find a successor.

He returned to find a successor to Garvey, not spend a full two terms as president. It isn’t easy to find the right person but there is very little communication around progress on this front so it leaves him open to people doubting the sincerity of his effort to find a successor.

I get that, but to be fair, a bit of stability is probably not a bad thing right now.
I was happy he stayed with the world ending as it was.

No
He returned to stabilise the club after the Garvey and Gaudry stuff ups, and was only staying 1 term
In that time he was to find a new CEO and President
He appointed Justin Reeves as CEO

Then COVID hit, and was asked to stay a further term as stability was seen to be required
Progress on finding a new President this year without doubt took a back seat as everyone had to deal with the pandemic and its affects on business and people’s lives

No
He returned to stabilise the club after the Garvey and Gaudry stuff ups, and was only staying 1 term

Then COVID hit, and was asked to stay a further term as stability was seen to be required
Progress on finding a new President this year without doubt took a back seat as everyone had to deal with the pandemic and its affects on business and people’s lives
Nothing you said disagrees with what I said.

No

I think this sums up the situation perfectly. I am fine with how things are going now. I think the $ from the feds will offset what was not gained at the state level. The delays will also mean that we make promises in coming budget cycles when there is more focus on continuing to boost a flailing economy.

I'd be disappointed if we don't see/hear progress re a next president by mid to late next year.

Jeff openly states he believes his actions cost us funding. He then continues to prioritise his political views over his commitment to the HFC by engaging in exactly the same behaviour. This is an incredibly important period for our club and people are defending him because they agree with what he says. Spare me.
Well said.

This isn't a labor/liberal or conservative/lefty issue, its a Hawthorn Football Club issue. Is Jeff still the best possible candidate to deliver favorable outcomes for the club? I'm honestly not sure but lately there's a whiff of Eddie about him.

Firstly, he's not on the board of Beyond Blue. And secondly, that doesn't answer my question as to how he was acting in Hawthorn's best interests by repeatedly doing something he believed would cost the club millions of dollars. I am still waiting for someone to engage with that actual question instead of throwing up hypothetical excuses or delving into politics.

But Big Dan Andrews said no matter what Jeff said, it would not have had any impact on the decision to give out a Gov handout.

So according to Dan Jeff could have called him a complete moron who f’ed up so badly it cost people their lives and Billions of dollars, and it would be water of a ducks back.

Of course all this is true but Dan says it made no impact
In my opinion you are completely missing the point. The issue being taken with Jeff is that he expressed his views on the Andrews' government's Covid response knowing/expecting it would cost the club financially but he went on his ego trip anyway. Whether or not Jeff's views had any impact on funding provided by the state government is beside the point, or at least is another issue. The fact remains Jeff put himself above the club, which is what I, and plenty of others on here, find unacceptable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back