News We’re going to Dingleyland! Construction to begin.

Remove this Banner Ad

I have no idea what they've been doing there but i've seen trucks going in and out of the facility for about 6 months now. I don't think they are building but perhaps excavation or laying turf. Maybe we have temporary structure there early so we can setup an oval for private sessions? Wouldn't cost much and it has to get done anyway.

I have no idea what they've been doing there but i've seen trucks going in and out of the facility for about 6 months now. I don't think they are building but perhaps excavation or laying turf. Maybe we have temporary structure there early so we can setup an oval for private sessions? Wouldn't cost much and it has to get done anyway.
I wouldn't think it is construction. Still a few boxes to be ticked before any major construction happens there. Including from the EPA you would imagine.

Went down to Dingley this afternoon and took some pics of the vast site, it really is a massive area, can't see any other club matching it as big as Hawthorn's complex will be once it's all finished in the future. There was some earth moving going on in the far back corner and speaking to the earth moving driver he told me it's starting to ramp up. All those flat mounds that you can see will apparently be the ground level.

IMG_3699.jpg IMG_3709.jpg IMG_3705.jpg IMG_3706.jpg IMG_3708.jpg IMG_3704.jpg IMG_3701.jpg

Last edited:
Went down to Dingley this afternoon and took some pics of the vast site, it really is a massive area, can't see any other club matching it as big as Hawthorn's complex will be once it's all finished in the future. There was some earth moving going on in the far back corner and speaking to the earth moving driver he told me it's starting to ramp up. All those flat mounds that you can see will apparently be the ground level.
Thats an insane amount of soil to move.

Is that a man made lake? Water source for ground watering?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anybody know what will happen to the Box Hill Hawks when the project is completed. Will they continue to play out of Box Hill?
I guess the other alternatives are, they play at Dingley or split and go as Hawthorn and Box Hill in the VFL.
Any thoughts?

Anybody know what will happen to the Box Hill Hawks when the project is completed. Will they continue to play out of Box Hill?
I guess the other alternatives are, they play at Dingley or split and go as Hawthorn and Box Hill in the VFL.
Any thoughts?

I predict no change, (except training at dingley nor Waverley. and box hill ground is having significant improvement too

I predict no change, (except training at dingley nor Waverley. and box hill ground is having significant improvement too

Really? With two football ovals ready to go side by side at Dingley why would you continue to stay at Box Hill city oval?

Any thoughts?
I hope Box Hill continue to train and play at Box Hill. They have their own history and don't need to become another Hawthorn identity completely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back