News We’re going to Dingleyland! Construction to begin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Really? With two football ovals ready to go side by side at Dingley why would you continue to stay at Box Hill city oval?
Maybe to accommodate the newly announced AFLW team? I would suppose the AFLW team will train at Dingley.
Having lived within a 5 min car ride for most of my life, I am really hoping Box Hill don't disappear!
Losing the EFNL Comp as a recruiting ground for new players would be a great loss to a stand alone Hawthorn side playing out of Dingley.

Last edited:

Are they still training at Waverley at all? Wouldn't mind taking the kids to see them during home schooling.
Yes they are , once Dingley is finished they will move over there.

Are they still training at Waverley at all? Wouldn't mind taking the kids to see them during home schooling.

Normally I would say watch the HFC web site for the club would want to make a big occasion of Clarko's last training session, sell lots of merch etc but with COVID restrictions including the so called 5Km rule they may decide to keep quiet.

So, I would not recommend you join me on Thursday around 10:30am or similar on Friday for the Captains run. Luckily for me WPark is within 5 km of my home and its where I do my exercise around the same time the boys train.....

Normally I would say watch the HFC web site for the club would want to make a big occasion of Clarko's last training session, sell lots of merch etc but with COVID restrictions including the so called 5Km rule they may decide to keep quiet.

So, I would not recommend you join me on Thursday around 10:30am or similar on Friday for the Captains run. Luckily for me WPark is within 5 km of my home and its where I do my exercise around the same time the boys train.....
Legend. I too may do my exercise at that time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to intrude gents. Anybody have an idea when the team and footy dept is relocating? Is it a clean switch over? Are they going to have two bases for a while? Or is everything including indoor facilities, gym etc all ready to go at Dingley?
none of that has been worked out....will be a while before anything is ready

Does anyone think Dingley is to far out and worried it will be a bit like Seaford was for the saints and new players and current players won’t want to go out there.

Never been there my self how far is it further then Waverley and what’s around it in shops etc.

Does anyone think Dingley is to far out and worried it will be a bit like Seaford was for the saints and new players and current players won’t want to go out there.

Never been there my self how far is it further then Waverley and what’s around it in shops etc.
It's only 16 min from Waverley if you come from that way , but with the lot of players living around Hawthorn 27min. and Brighton/Bentleigh 22min. it's not that far to Dingley.
Seaford definately was a problem for St.Kilda as it was a further 26min. down the road from their current place in Linton st. Moorabbin.

Last edited:

Not further than Waverly from CBD and inner suburbs, CLOSER and SEASIDE.:cool:

They are about the same distance from the cbd. Parkmore shopping centre is a 5 min. drive. Dfo Moorabbin
is a 5 min. drive and southland is about 15 min.

Not further than Waverly from CBD and inner suburbs, CLOSER and SEASIDE.:cool:

Dingley...close to the water?

Dingley has aquifers polluted by the leaching of the corrosive elements from the old blue Harris trains sitting in an abandoned tip nearby.

Dingley is a failed attempt to bring the Western Suburbs out to the South East. Full of garbage tips, industrial parks, transport hubs and waste treatment plants and trucks. There are still semi trailers going round and round and round in the large roundabout at Boundary & Braeside Roads. The movie Duel was based on that roundabout!

If Dingley was so good, why did they build a bypass?!

The Australian Army runs training programs for transport drivers down Centre Dandenong Road. Survive that and you can survive anything they say.

Dingley starts with D and so does Dump.

Finally, Dingley is inhabited by people who buy there and then go...Holly Crap Batman, there is an airport nearby! Go figure and we build near there...

Dingley...close to the water?

Dingley has aquifers polluted by the leaching of the corrosive elements from the old blue Harris trains sitting in an abandoned tip nearby.

Dingley is a failed attempt to bring the Western Suburbs out to the South East. Full of garbage tips, industrial parks, transport hubs and waste treatment plants and trucks. There are still semi trailers going round and round and round in the large roundabout at Boundary & Braeside Roads. The movie Duel was based on that roundabout!

If Dingley was so good, why did they build a bypass?!

The Australian Army runs training programs for transport drivers down Centre Dandenong Road. Survive that and you can survive anything they say.

Dingley starts with D and so does Dump.

Finally, Dingley is inhabited by people who buy there and then go...Holly Crap Batman, there is an airport nearby! Go figure and we build near there...

Hey man, I think the idea is we need to polish a turd so we can call it an opal - not dwell on where it came from!:relaxed:

We turned a vast, windswept dreary rainy place called Waverly into a shiny new and desirable suburb to live in....
Just think what were going to do with Dingley.:sunglasses:

Players will prefer it over Waverley

Players will prefer it over Waverley
As long as it is not in a rain-belt and swept by antarctic winds we should be ok, but:

RustyHawk has me a bit worried:- was his passage a tongue in cheek dig at Dingley, or is the place really sitting on a rich vein of methane waiting to explode?

site and location fine. Easily accessible by car from anywhere in Melbourne. Public transport not so much but Waverley has same issues.
Its a great location. Just wish we were building a 25k stadium to play games there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back