List Mgmt. Welcome Harley Reid (Pick 1, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

200.gif

Harley is a bona fide gun.

With our fundamental skill deficiencies on full display today, Yeo’s failure to give a left handed return handball in this passage is giving me a nervous tick though…

Just finished watching the replay after work and holy hell, our boy is going to terrorise the league in a couple of years time. Unironically already our best player.

"But he's more developed than his peers and will be found out at AFL level!"
Nope! He's still a teenager but almost impossible to tackle.

"But he'll be targeted by the opposition and bullied!"
Nah, he loves it! If anything, his opponents should be afraid of maķing him angry so he starts bullying them.

He needs to not succumb to injuries, build further strength and a shitload of endurance. If he does that he'll be a top 5 player in the league over an extended period.

You can see just how quickly he gets tired and it's reflected in his handball to kick numbers. Hopefully in 3 years time he's there and a top 5 in the league player.

I'd like him to get more easy ball.

Seems dumb given AFL.priddis only gave him 8 contested touches. Probably due to all the 1-2's he gets. Seems to me he really works for his touches and creates with each. Doesn't get it in space.

I'd like to see us look for him more. He was alone on the arc of our attacking 50 waving his arms and Hough ignores him the stupid campaigner. Could've easily marked a short kick and waltz in for a ping from 45m, easily within his repertoire, but no.

From the first intraclub through to now, Hough has burned Harley Reid so many times I'm not even sure how either of them are still alive. If this continues much longer we need to put Hough up for mid year trade because its unacceptable.

Seems dumb given AFL.priddis only gave him 8 contested touches. Probably due to all the 1-2's he gets. Seems to me he really works for his touches and creates with each. Doesn't get it in space.

I'd like to see us look for him more. He was alone on the arc of our attacking 50 waving his arms and Hough ignores him the stupid campaigner. Could've easily marked a short kick and waltz in for a ping from 45m, easily within his repertoire, but no.
Yup, multiple occasions hes open for a short pass like this and ignored and you can see he's giving it the ' me the *ing ball im our only good player' and im totally with him.

To be fair though, we would miss the pass, turn it over and see it waltzed back for an easy goal

Yep saw that Hough just bombed it to a pack , giants got the ball and went up the other end.

He needs to not succumb to injuries, build further strength and a shitload of endurance. If he does that he'll be a top 5 player in the league over an extended period.

You can see just how quickly he gets tired and it's reflected in his handball to kick numbers. Hopefully in 3 years time he's there and a top 5 in the league player.
Hit the nail on the head Phil. We all saw it last year and commented on that one of his weaknesses was his endurance. That and his set shots were both average. All the things everyone was wowing about today he’s done plenty of before so not surprised at all.

Great start to his career we just need to see more of it as he builds his tank.

They day of the draft I was looking through pages of phantom drafts, and one of the more 'official' draft sites, can't remember which is was listed a few of Harley's 'deficiencies' a couple of which were Needs a better tank and Needs to get his hands on the ball more. It'll come with fitness and time.

You get the feel if we continue to get pumped the next couple of years he will say cya later, the kid hates losing, spent a lot of the game watching him and there was a lot of shaking of the head and throwing his hands up in the air. Hopefully the team as a whole can improve, because I don’t think he’ll put up with losing by 10 goals everyweek

I don’t think you understand this kid. Yes he is a competitive beast. Yes you can see in his body language he hates losing. But as per every other facet of this guy, he’s built different. I think he’s far more likely to be thinking - I’m going to do everything to make sure this is a winning team again and I’m gonna be that guy that gets us there, who is coming with me?

I can almost guarantee he is going to be hell bent on bringing success here, and not going to be giving up on that despite early adversity which he fully knew was coming. Him not accepting where we are at and even like Ginbey / Long in recent interviews strongly saying they are hoping to win (against GWS) shows a mind shift this year that I’m loving. We acknowledge we stink, we are owning but not accepting that. I like this young brigade immensely

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is not the image of a young man who’s unhappy at the club. We have a good young core of players who are building strong relationships and are committed to building success

Harley will lead the charge onfield in the coming years but he has a willing band of helpers coming through with him

Despite the losses, there’s a healthy culture at the club

883ED36F-E31D-4EBD-9E7B-6DC6684862A9.jpeg

Yep saw that Hough just bombed it to a pack , giants got the ball and went up the other end.

Hough elected to do the thing that hadn't worked for us all game, bomb it into a crowded F50 for Waterman and Darling to mark against Taylor. Genius.

Harley legit could've had his first goal.

This is not the image of a young man who’s unhappy at the club. We have a good young core of players who are building strong relationships and are committed to building success

Harley will lead the charge onfield in the coming years but he has a willing band of helpers coming through with him

Despite the losses, there’s a healthy culture at the club

View attachment 1938906

Who knows. We are all just guessing. It will be a long journey back to being competitive.

North Melbourne fans said almost exact same thing in the first few games Horne-Francis played for them. We never know how these things turned out.

I’m buoyed by the fact that Reid seemed to take issue with Horne-Francis leaving after 12 months.

Hope he gives it a good crack, and we do our part to show him that future looks bright.

Is that the same chair we used to try and appeal Gov’s suspension a few years ago?

Ah yes, our star witness Chair McSeatie if I recall correctly. Always squirting round the boundary line.

Who knows. We are all just guessing. It will be a long journey back to being competitive.

North Melbourne fans said almost exact same thing in the first few games Horne-Francis played for them. We never know how these things turned out.

I’m buoyed by the fact that Reid seemed to take issue with Horne-Francis leaving after 12 months.

Hope he gives it a good crack, and we do our part to show him that future looks bright.

Eh North has had a rubbish culture for donkeys years and below par facilities so i can see why players would leave.

Ah yes, our star witness Chair McSeatie if I recall correctly. Always squirting round the boundary line.

The 11 year old sitting behind me was certain he could run across the field, backflip off McSeatie and run up the steps before security got him.

It's good to see a kid with a dream.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back