Player Watch Rupert Wills (Delisted 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Wish they got a few more games into him but he was there in the VFL to gain his fitness back I'm assuming. Probably got injured at the wrong time too. Just looks like he's going to really hurt someone one day he's a big unit. Really looking forward to see what he brings next year. Could go past Greenwood and Degoey next year for midfield minutes.
If they can work an extra yard of pace into him over the preseason wouldn't hurt but everything else is promising.

I liked watching him in the last few games of the season, I hope his a regular in the team next year. Still plenty to learn but he seems a bit more level headed than some of the other new guys we've had.

Genuinely excited by this guy, great first year. The club has drafted well the past year or two, looking forward to another good one.

Genuinely excited by this guy, great first year. The club has drafted well the past year or two, looking forward to another good one.

It's more like great first five games! Seriously, he looks completely at home out there. So big and strong!

Kid is a weapon. The VFL team will be so much stronger heading in to finals with him, Crocker and Phillips returning. Honestly amazed at how well we did with the late picks from last years draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quickly becoming one of my favourites. I love those beasts who love tackling and attacking contests.

If we head in the right direction, he could be keeping Greenwood out next year.

Kid is a weapon. The VFL team will be so much stronger heading in to finals with him, Crocker and Phillips returning. Honestly amazed at how well we did with the late picks from last years draft.
Spot on.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

The thought of watching Wills, Smith, Crocker and Phillips all with a full pre-season of building core strength and their tanks up is tantalizing really. Now if we can just get the the Hammy's right on a few other recruits we might go alright next year.

Last edited:
After a great end of season patch in the 1s. How Rupert been travelling this preseason?
Quiet achiever so far. Haven't really heard much at all tbh. He didn't play the intra club, and nobody really knows why. Is up there will the last rotating spot in the midfield, hopefully he plays next week against Essendon.

After a great end of season patch in the 1s. How Rupert been travelling this preseason?

Didn't play yesterday and not on the most recent injury list so a bit of a mystery.

Quiet achiever so far. Haven't really heard much at all tbh. He didn't play the intra club, and nobody really knows why. Is up there will the last rotating spot in the midfield, hopefully he plays next week against Essendon.
Trained last week, participating in match simulation and did quite well, although one of the coaches was yelling at him to run to position. Think we forget how inexperienced he is game wise and he is bigframed and probably not fully fit. Maybe they didn't want to risk him in the heat. Goldsack, who surprisingly played in the intraclub, looked visibly stressed out there and maybe the coaches were worried about Wills breaking down. Hoping Wills with Keeffe and Thomas get to play the Essendon game.

Missing the crows game now.... likely due to injury or illness. But at his age, with his injuries over the last few years and our midfield depth...

Wonder whether he is a candidate for delisting at years end?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back