Toast Welcome to Freo Hayden Young – Fremantle’s 1st 2019 National Draft Pick [Pick #7]

Remove this Banner Ad

Best thing about both kicks (I watched that champs game as well) is the state of the game when he did it.
I believe my thoughts at the time were

"Son of a bitch, you VC b******"

followed by:

"Pity he's out of our range"

If it is the one I am thinking of you have described it beautifully. But it actually did little because the play was closed down immediately because of the congestion (by Richmond players). I appreciate the skill, but didn't like the risk involved. But wow, what an exciting prospect.

yeah, but if it had gone wrong, then disaster. But when it goes right! But even though it didn’t lead anywhere THAT time, that potential is fabulous and will change how the opposition can defend. well, fingers crossed!

Well.....

Its not bad getting Hayden Young, Caleb Serong and Liam Henry in one draft.

I did sadly predict on other threads who was likely to get injuries out of those 3. I sadly predicted Hayden Young.

I am hoping he is over his injuries and he plays 200-250 games for us in a 12-15 year career.

Well.....

Its not bad getting Hayden Young, Caleb Serong and Liam Henry in one draft.

I did sadly predict on other threads who was likely to get injuries out of those 3. I sadly predicted Hayden Young.

I am hoping he is over his injuries and he plays 200-250 games for us in a 12-15 year career.
For me: Young - Will be the best of the 3 if not injured. Serong: Servicable AFL player. Henry: No idea. Could be ok or could be a gun but looking like the worst of the three.

He's pretty happy with the surf too.

This! Once I read his favourite thing outside of footy was surfing I knew we had a good shot of keeping him. Unreal talent that can kick through zones which will compliment Walker as he dashes through them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heck yes!!!

There must not have been an overrated Victorian based youngster to give it to this week.

I saw a supporter of Victorian side state our drafting had been poor due to lack of rising star noms. The fact Brayshaw and Darcy never got one says all you need to know.

Anyway rant over - Well done to Hayden Young.

There must not have been an overrated Victorian based youngster to give it to this week.

I saw a supporter of Victorian side state our drafting had been poor due to lack of rising star noms. The fact Brayshaw and Darcy never got one says all you need to know.

I'm still dirty that Ryan Nyhuis didn't get one on debut. It's the hill I'm going to die on.

The only other one I thought was a chance was Bergman who kind of looks like Young also

Lol the Collingwood supporters are livid that Henry or Bianco didn’t get it.

Those two were playing against witches hats. Our boy was clutch and so calm under pressure. So eat poo Colliwobble

Brayshaw would have got the nom in the Gaff game, towelling Gaff up, hence the campaigners response.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back