Autopsy Welcome to Freo Liam Henry – Fremantle’s 3rd 2019 National Draft Pick [Match bid Pick #9]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah he does, agents get a fee for trading a player into a nice contract

Kind of like a bonus

They still take the standard 5% per annum (or whatever deal they lock in)
Do they not get a bonus for securing their client the same sized contract at their current club?

Not 100% sure but I'd assume they still get some kind of bonus

The thing is moving clubs is usually for a higher wage, I'd say like 90% of the time
Yup but is there a straight up bonus for getting a contract at a different club, if all aspects of the contract at current club and new club were the same?

Yup but is there a straight up bonus for getting a contract at a different club, if all aspects of the contract at current club and new club were the same?
Hopefully someone else can answer, I think there's a piece on it in the show me the money doco, I'm too many beers deep after eofy function to buckle down for some research

I believe freo_leo29 is right but wasn’t sure either, there is a lot more work involved in moving a player to a new club so hard not to think there isn’t something more involved for the agent.

I believe freo_leo29 is right but wasn’t sure either, there is a lot more work involved in moving a player to a new club so hard not to think there isn’t something more involved for the agent.
Yeah I think there is something in negotiating a deal that the agent takes out, you've got to successfully work out a trade for the player and keep all parties happy etc

Agent would still get a good bonus when a player does sign a big contract at a club too though

If Henry goes you'd think its because Young has secured a better contract either in years or $$ though

His is improving and think he has a bright future if he can keep doing so, but cost of 2-3 goals with his skills and decision making today.
I think his biggest problem is one he can't even do much about, he very physically slight for an AFL footballer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think his biggest problem is one he can't even do much about, he very physically slight for an AFL footballer.
Agreed, he is never going to be a superstar. Think he needs to model his game on B Hill, hopefully he can improve to become one of our top 10-12 players.

The year's more or less blown, so I'd be packing the experience into him now. Done enough good stuff to think he can eliminate the cat 10s.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Whats the point in packing experience into him if him and his manager keep threatening to leave. He either needs to commit soon to staying or leave him at Peel and develop someone else like Worner.

Whats the point in packing experience into him if him and his manager keep threatening to leave. He either needs to commit soon to staying or leave him at Peel and develop someone else like Worner.
1. We win more games
B. It is good for overall moral
7. If he leaves we get more for him

How short sighted are people really ??

Thought his game today was ok.
Don’t get too flattered by his big numbers, a lot of nothing disposals in there.
A mix of great running & use with some horrific turnovers and clangers.

A young building player.
Right now he’s doing some things he’s never done at AFL and not even much at WAFL.
  • Finding the ball (pretty big one)
  • holding his width.
  • running both ways.

His negatives are
  • poor decision making with ball
  • tends to bite off too much in vulnerable positions on field
  • a lot of junk possession.

Now he’s finding it, needs to find a way to be dangerous. Taking easy options would be a huge start.

Honestly torn on keeping him.
Promise is there, can see why he was a top pick.
But if someone offered a 1st rounder I’d probably take it

Cost us 3 goals today directly from his turnovers, but hey he got a lot of the ball running around without a opponent so he gets a pass from JLo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm sure you could pick out any 5 other players today who cost us multiple goals directly. He got plenty of the ball and was always in the right spot for the receive.

He plays a bit like Nick Daicos. Albeit a Kmart version of Daicos.
That’s not a slight on Liam as Daicos is the best young player I’ve ever seen in my time watching AFL and it’s not even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back