Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Craig McRae

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe McRae can bring a player or two over
You'd think given the role he played there that he'd be the best source of information for Richmond players with great potential but aren't getting the opportunity.

Curious as to why he was squeezed out at Richmond.
Surely if he was such an integral part of the club they would found a way to re-sign him - soft cap pressures and all.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
He was our vfl coach for 4y only this year elevated to an afl assistant, was outstanding in vfl , team barely lost a game for 3y , 1 flag and a r/up , 30% soft cap reduction has a significantly different landscape

He was our vfl coach for 4y only this year elevated to an afl assistant, was outstanding in vfl , team barely lost a game for 3y , 1 flag and a r/up , 30% soft cap reduction has a significantly different landscape
I'm guessing being out of contract didn't help either.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Going from 1 good system and culture to another. Think this is about not just bringing in a quality assistant but could potentially be our next coach. Has all the credentials I would want leading the club and have heard nothing but praise for how he goes about it.

God first Leppa now Fly 😫

Well done Fly! Was one I really didn’t want to lose but these things happen 😔.

Congratulations Fly and all the best for your future endeavours

Onwards and upwards, trust the club to either promote from within or bring someone from the outside.

This sums up how they feel at Tigerland with their lose and our gain.

Now for Solomon or Lenny Hayes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now for Solomon or Lenny Hayes
Solly not coaching next year. Working on his fitness business.

Maybe McRae can bring a player or two over

Good relationship with the Tigs, couple of players that aren't cracking their 22 that would be nice to get over. Higgins, Callum Coleman-Jones, Collier-Dawkins.

Hopefully he adds something, but looking at Richmond's style of play and how it has dragged the game to pre-war levels of scoring I'll wait and see.

Mcrae's a seriously good acquisition by your club in my opinion. He was a favourite among us Richmond fans since he came with the way he develops our youth. We've failed at that for so many years so it was great to see what a quick impact he had on youth development. He seems to bring the best out of them and is great at getting them to play in a manner that allows them to slot right into our senior side. Before him, our youth just were not able to make the transition to AFL (which the reason why I think we were struggling with depth in 2013-2015). The moment he arrived, we had no problem bringing in youth to our senior side and they knew exactly what Richmond wanted from them.

I'm disappointed that we lost him as it feels like a bit like an 'end-of-an-era' moment with our Premiership-winning VFL program, but I guess we just can't hide a coach like him for long before others catch on. I think you'll enjoy what he can contribute to your club so I'm happy for you guys and for him as well

Mcrae's a seriously good acquisition by your club in my opinion. He was a favourite among us Richmond fans since he came with the way he develops our youth. We've failed at that for so many years so it was great to see what a quick impact he had on youth development. He seems to bring the best out of them and is great at getting them to play in a manner that allows them to slot right into our senior side. Before him, our youth just were not able to make the transition to AFL (which the reason why I think we were struggling with depth in 2013-2015). The moment he arrived, we had no problem bringing in youth to our senior side and they knew exactly what Richmond wanted from them.

I'm disappointed that we lost him as it feels like a bit like an 'end-of-an-era' moment with our Premiership-winning VFL program, but I guess we just can't hide a coach like him for long before others catch on. I think you'll enjoy what he can contribute to your club so I'm happy for you guys and for him as well
Thanks mate. Circle of life. We gave you Dimma, Ross Smith, Max Bailey and Peter Burge after our success. You lose IP, but then gain it back. Just how it works.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back