Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn: Harry Morrison.

Remove this Banner Ad

There seemed to be some fire in the belly today, like it meant more, loved his game.

I think Harry is very much a confidence player and much of his issues may be upstairs. If he plays with the right level of energy and backs himself then he is one of our better players. He also does have the knack of bobbing up at the right time and the right place which is a good leadership trait.

I think Harry is very much a confidence player and much of his issues may be upstairs. If he plays with the right level of energy and backs himself then he is one of our better players. He also does have the knack of bobbing up at the right time and the right place which is a good leadership trait.

He also had a pretty interrupted preseason, from what I recall. He's someone who bases his game around gut running so he probably arrived at contests too knackered to be effective.

This kid has a lot going for him. Doesn't have the elite athletic traits that some seem to think he needs and I will be honest it is the way we play we are bunch of elite athletes on every line just about. The quickest side in the league. He is a role player and a renowned goal kicker. Does he have a regular palce in the side its unknown but you can't begrudge him of a great game on the weekend and the reasons he was brought in were vindicated. He was a cool head when the heat was on and kicked 2 important goals in that hot 3rd qtr

Only 24 years old...

On the cusp of best 22; whether he is seen as best 22 when everyone is fit is a moot point, as:-

a) you never have best 22 all available
b) you need players from 23-28 to be able to come in with no noticeable drop.

21 disposals, 2 crucial goals, DE was up...Has done enough to keep his spot

Last edited:
This kid has a lot going for him. Doesn't have the elite athletic traits that some seem to think he needs and I will be honest it is the way we play we are bunch of elite athletes on every line just about. The quickest side in the league. He is a role player and a renowned goal kicker. Does he have a regular palce in the side its unknown but you can't begrudge him of a great game on the weekend and the reasons he was brought in were vindicated. He was a cool head when the heat was on and kicked 2 important goals in that hot 3rd qtr
this trait can't be overstated in this game

Only 24 years old...

On the cusp of best 22; whether he is seen as best 22 when everyone is fit is a moot point, as:-

Excellent performance and maybe has found his best role at high-forward.

Solid squad player for mine, in a similar vein to Simpkin IMO.
He's an excellent player to have around until talent level of the squad rises.

Only 24 years old...

A bit like whitecross in that he gets injured at the wrong times, hopefully stays healthy across the pre season because he knows how to kick goals and fill multiple positions

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought i would give fellow hawk supporters something else to think about. It appears the club is in the process of doing a review for each player and they started with Harry

Harry creates plenty of chat about his place in our side. However he forced his way back into the side and played some good footy at the end of the year.

Last edited:
I think missing so much of pre season ruined him. He was pretty good last year but was just off the boil at the start of the year. Was terrific in our last month though, especially against the Pies. Not sure he will stay best 22 forever but if he stays at Hawthorn he will certainly be valuable, whether as depth or our starting wingman

I think missing so much of pre season ruined him. He was pretty good last year but was just off the boil at the start of the year. Was terrific in our last month though, especially against the Pies. Not sure he will stay best 22 forever but if he stays at Hawthorn he will certainly be valuable, whether as depth or our starting wingman
His value at teaching and directing our youngsters where to go and how to defend cannot be underestimated. He does it at training and game day. Who knows if he stays at Hawthorn past this trade period.

His value at teaching and directing our youngsters where to go and how to defend cannot be underestimated. He does it at training and game day. Who knows if he stays at Hawthorn past this trade period.
If Harry can impart half of his knowledge of playing on the wing onto Weddle and Ward we'll have some of the best wings in the comp. He's one I'd love to keep around for depth, he can fill a few roles and is a great guy at training.

If Harry can impart half of his knowledge of playing on the wing onto Weddle and Ward we'll have some of the best wings in the comp. He's one I'd love to keep around for depth, he can fill a few roles and is a great guy at training.
Every team I played in had a Harry, good to really good player, consistency personified, you always knew what you would get. A smile a wink a knowing nod would settle my nerves before the bounce, then it was time to play.
A must have for every team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back