Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, James Worpel, pick #43 2017 - Peter Crimmins medalist 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitchell won one with Hodge Lewis Sewell Franklin Roughead Gunston Burgoyne Rioli in the team
Just sayin'

Mitchell was our best midfielder though, Worpel is not. Mitchell was also one of the absolute elite ball users by hand and foot, both feet, which is something that Worpel is most certainly not.

And despite Franklin being our best player back then, his 08 year showed that regardless of how dominant he is the brownlow is a midfielders award.

This board needs to relax on the over the top ratings of Worpel. He's brilliant and we all love him, but let the kid develop without putting this kind of pressure on him.

Imagine if Worpel does win a brownlow...wowee

Imagine if he wins a premiership... he gets to enjoy that with 22 blokes the rest of his life. And all of our supporters do too.
If he wins a Brownlow he gets to toss off a few umpires and Bruce and Dwayne. TBH I'd take the first outcome, but maybe I'm being selfish for wanting to win brownlows… sorry premierships. JK Snr taught me never to want the former to forsake the latter.

BTW even though Goddard is a bit of a tosser and won't coach becoz of that, he turned up to St.Kilda's GF's with bells on. He 4 me would have won the Norm Smith on the draw day. And he was about the only guy to turn up a week after with the same intensity from his club. So he gets kudo's for that.

Stagnated but do you expect pretzel boy to understand the difference?
That's what i am referring to. He literally said "I could have chosen a better word than "stalled". You chose a different word anyway you tosspot.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'Admiringly' could have chosen...
The numbers to be 'what that are'...

WTF is this clown on about?

Yeh, auto-text from your phone can be annoying but if it's you're job, do you maybe read through it before hitting send???

Love your work Brant, but I did have a giggle at this little error..

I don't think Goddard will ever coach (at the highest or semi highest level), he'll be like Carey, King good players through natural ability, or in King's case I'd say pure perseverance even though he's by far the biggest w***er of the three as a human.

But on Fox/Seven/Social media everything else in between, that's what you get names that are too dumb to coach. Unless you are top of the range on media and across multiple media platforms, the average assistant coach probably gets more even with the AFL coach cap.

That's what you listening too. Or getting angry at.

Jordan roughead had a significant concussion when he got a falcon off lynchs kick

Reminded me of the time Sicily got falconed similarly and everyone got stuck into sicily for reacting badly.

Just goes to show the narrative must be preserved at all costs

Unless they have 20 first round draft picks, other teams can fu** off.
They can take those 20 first round picks and shove them, i wouldn't be even answering a phone call in regards to trading this kid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back