Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, James Worpel, pick #43 2017 - Round 21 Rising star Nom!

Slick

All Australian
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I’m feeling a lot more comfortable about our midfield fro 2020 onwards - TOM back, JOM will be at his peak, Worpel in his third year, Cousins continual improvement, not to mention the ever reliable Liam Shiels and Howe as back up. Im a huge fan of Harry Jones, think he could be anything
You forgot to mention Coniglio.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Judd2Sewell

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
7th in the league for clearances, equal 4th for centre clearances. At the moment he's head and shoulder above everyone from his draft year
He's brilliant, though Tim Kelly and Jaidyn Stephenson were in that same draft.

Regardless he'd easily be a top 10 pick right now if done again. Very rare to have a midfielder who has played less than 50 games have such an impact.

rogiebear93

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He's brilliant, though Tim Kelly and Jaidyn Stephenson were in that same draft.

Regardless he'd easily be a top 10 pick right now if done again. Very rare to have a midfielder who has played less than 50 games have such an impact.
Stephenson has kinda plateaud to be fair.

I reckon he's second behind Kelly, who was mature enough to have more of an immediate impact.

Simon Crawshay

All Australian
AFL Club
Hawthorn
My only knock on the Worpedo is that sometimes he hurries his disposal when he appears to have more time than he thinks (which leads to the odd clanger here and there).
It is a minor gripe though and to do what he has done so far at his age is excellent work from the young fella. Very much a future star in the making.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TylerDurden

Premium Gold
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Metres gained is the big one for me. Wins it on the inside and then moves it forward.
When people talk about our young talent he gets overlooked more often than not. IMO due to the fact that he seems so accomplished already
What Judd used to do, and the media worshipped him. I'm happy our boy is somewhat flying under the radar.

beta_condition

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Metres gained is the big one for me. Wins it on the inside and then moves it forward.
When people talk about our young talent he gets overlooked more often than not. IMO due to the fact that he seems so accomplished already
Only reason I can think why Hardwick was left out of the best U/22 team.

beta_condition

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn

cryptor

Premium Gold
AFL Club
Hawthorn
And Bontempelli(who I personally think is a little overhyped).

View attachment 663524 View attachment 663525 View attachment 663526
Just had a flick through a few others. Oliver Wines, Dustin Martin, Patrick Dangerfield. Makes you quite excited for what he could be if continues to improve. Like I said earlier in this thread, his biggest challenge right now is probably keeping himself grounded, and his ego in check. He has the potential to become one of the top few players in the league if he can continue to maintain the focus and work ethic to get there. I have no doubt he can do it if he does those things along with Sam's help.

Abasi

WINGED GOD
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Spurs, Socceroos
Moderator #1,594

COKEandCOLA

Club Legend
Suspended
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Had a shocker move on, was due one.

Cripps had a shocker too, was due one as well move on.
Went totally missing in the first half and still finished with 21 disposals.

Geez some people are hard to please, we got the win so perhaps we could all just enjoy it 😁

Top Bottom