Universal Love Welcome to Hawthorn: Jarman Impey extends to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

We probably paid a similar price to what Richmond did to obtain the contracted Josh Caddy.

The deal

Caddy + 56

for

24 + 64

Unfortunately, Impey ain't no Caddy.

The 2017 draft ain't the 2016 draft and pick 33 ain't pick 24. Caddy was no world beater at the Cats which is why they let him go

Saw someone mention on a Facebook post that Impey, Rioli and Puopolo could be a triple threat of forward pressure. Along with Breust we could have our own mosquito fleet next season.

Furthermore, I reckon last year when Sicily and Gunston went down back and improved immensely that Clarko could smell another premiership with this list. Impey plugs a hole in our list in terms of leg speed that we desperately needed this year.

If we stay healthy, the rest of the comp should look out...

I think a lot of people massively overrate draft picks. I went back five years to the 2012 draft, since I figure those guys have had enough time to show their wares and looked at players taken around 32:

28 Tim O'Brien
29 Tom Clurey
30 Mason Shaw
31 Kamdyn McIntosh
32 Michael Close
33 Liam McBean
34 Jason Ashby
35 Tom Temay
36 Tanner Smith
37 Ben Jacobs
38 Jackson Ramsay
39 Max Duffy
40 Brodie Murdoch

That's what sort of lottery a late second rounder is. It's not to say you can't get a good player, but if you came out with a guy who five years later was in your regular 22 you'd be doing way better than average. Presumably we think Impey will be in our regular 22, and he's a known entity.

That’s a bag of spuds.

Please forgive the intrusion.

In a shallow draft, to trade out to get an established player with real speed is a great deal. I can see Burton kicking to Impey and seconds later he hand passes to O'Meara to make the entry into the forward 50. I mid-June 2018 you will be marvelling at how you achieved this trade.

Be very interested to see what his role will be.

You don't go after a contracted player for depth. Clarko must see him in our best 22 somewhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome Mr Darren Jarman Impey.
Best of luck in the brown and gold!
Looking forward to seeing Clarko getting the best out of him.

Last edited:
Agree, I don't believe we have overpaid for him.
Considering he is only 22, has already played 75 games, has an impressive highlight tape, and was contracted. He also brings aggression, speed, and the ability to do some freakish things. He seems a perfect fit to me.

Agree with this. I am really happy with this trade. He is very versatile, tough, and quick, which is exactly what we do need right now.

The guy has had a tough year or two, lets give him a chance with lots of support, he could do great things with us.

Welcome Jarman.

Alastair Clarkson has had four Port Adelaide players join Hawthorn under his coaching tenure who have all gone on to win a Premiership.

2008: Dew, Guerra and Gilham
2013-15: Burgoyne

4/4

Welcome to Hawthorn Jarman Impey. :D

Sensational hit rate by Clarko, but Gilham was the only surprise talent wise, in a sanfl game just before he was delisted he had 10 goals kicked on him by a bloke named Fergus Watts, who ended up on the Saints list for a few years, but didn't make the grade.

Brent was a bit of a wild child when he was here, but he always had the talent and he was a magnificent kick. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back