News Welcome to Hawthorn Jon Patton : Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Future 4th rounder. Is that it? That's psychologically equivalent to free.

Welcome big fella!

I hope we can get him physically and mentally right, even if it's just for his own sake

No need to change our current game plan then.....bomb it long into the fwd line
I can tell you now, somehow and someway Lewis, patton, Obrien, gunston, ceglar, McEvoy and Nash will be nowhere to be seen as puopolo is the sole target. As is tradition.

Even with hale, Franklin, Roughead and gunston poppy was somehow the chf.

Super great news. Even if we stopped now I feel like it has been a successful trade period for the Hawks.

Out of curiosity does anyone know how he did the 3 knees? Tackled, just buckled or what caused the ACL?

I think with Patton joining, it really could prove to be a game changer for Paul Puopolo and Oliver Hanrahan. For all of Roughie's strengths he never was never a monster like Patton. So for the first time in a long time these two boys (with Bruest) are gonna have some fun getting front and centre of General Patton and Mitch Lewis. I know Poppy had a poor 2019, but he hasn't lost his pace and so with these two monsters in the forward line I think there is a real potential to give Poppy in particular a new lease of life. His forward line defensive pressure didn't drop off - just his scoring and score involvements. I reckon this even helps Gunston to an extent as many of his scoring efforts come from 1/2 chances and dirty ball.

I think it might be a better year for scoring in 2020 Hawk Fans - with the proviso Patton stays on the park.

That said i really think poor old Schoey is done and dusted.

Edit: It's no wonder that Poppy (known as the tightest man at Hawthorn) was shouting The General a coffee at the airport.

View attachment 764872
Poppy knew at this point for sure were he was heading end of the year. He was meeting and greeting quite a few boys whilst toeing the company line with GWS. He will come into this fully prepared and well accustomed to waverley.

Useless fact.

Hawthorn have traded in 2 former 2011 No. 01 picks this off-season.

Patton (national.)
Frost (rookie.)

Plenty of familiar names/faces for Patton and Frost.

Collectively, both guys reunite with Tom Scully, James Frawley and, if he stays on, Tim Mohr.

Haven't got the No. 11 pick (Greene) but they have the 21st pick (Mitchell.)

More importantly, Patton gets to move back to the Rowville/Scoresby area.

Good luck to JP in the B&G. Although I'm rather skeptical regarding his injury history if he can be of any value to the Hawks. I am a little optimistic that he can be of value to the team given the amount of fluffing over him on our threads. Hope he makes it

I thought we would have had a shot last year but the price may have been to high while still injured.

#pattonisthetarget gets to the Hawks & the age of the dinosaurs has begun.

Hawthorns game style for the last 3 years has been screaming for a power forward & now that we have 2 you will see the Hawks go all out attack & consolidate in defence in 2020.

Welcome to Hawthorn!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4NKLRfN.jpg

I think the deal is about right. I wouldn’t say a steal at all. You can’t sugar coat three knee reconstructions.

We can only ask for consistent weekly performances. Similar to Scully who didn’t exactly set the world on fire either. Patton is not the focal point in 2020. A handy second fiddle forward to Lewis nevertheless.

KOLOKOTRONIS

Like O'Meara, it's an investment of time and resources, but the upside is sky high. Hearing them talk about Jaeger, they were confident he would make it back because he had an unwaveringly professional attitude. They wouldn't have recruited Patton and made the investment if they didn't feel the same.

He's also more than 12 months past his last ACL, so we can be confident starting him next year. Can't wait.

We will strip some kgs from him to take the presssure off the knees I have no doubt on that.
Opposition coaches will need two very large KPP defenders just to cover Patton and Lewis, together they are going to cause some problems for oppo coaches. Ice that with Gunna and Timmy O, nice cake!

We seem to be pushing towards a taller team, Clarko has a new plan I am sure. We will become the best marking team in the comp next year, it is the way to beat chaos footy.

We will strip some kgs from him to take the presssure off the knees I have no doubt on that.
Opposition coaches will need two very large KPP defenders just to cover Patton and Lewis, together they are going to cause some problems for oppo coaches. Ice that with Gunna and Timmy O, nice cake!

We seem to be pushing towards a taller team, Clarko has a new plan I am sure. We will become the best marking team in the comp next year, it is the way to beat chaos footy.
Exactly. That and precise kicking.

"wont be another Scully-type deal"

Welcome to the club big Jonno. JP, Patto, big jonny, etc.

I refuse to call him General.

Yup - he’s JP to me. There’s only one General at Hawthorn forever more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back