Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn - Lachie Bramble - delisted 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Excited to see what he can do as he brings the attributes we sorely lack at the moment. Just in the highlights, he is a smooth mover and glides across the ground and the skills are sharp.

Hopefully another mature age success story.

2015-2016: Calder Cannons (25 games)
2017-2018: Williamstown (11 games)
2019: Frustrated with lack of games, returns to the Sunbury Lions (BFL)
2020: Returns to Williamstown, season cancelled due to covid
2021: Signs with Box Hill, then wins a spot at Hawthorn

Bit of a summary of his journey here. Incredible he didn't play state level football since 2018 and wins a spot on our list.

Lachie Bramble feels to me like a Jono Simpkin type. The twenty second or 23rd player in a premiership team. Note: Simpkin was great for us.

Bramble has useful speed, better than average endurance, good enough skills, and is hungry.

My hope is that he passes Tom Phillips (an honest footballer) in the Hawks pecking order.

Good luck Lachlan. If you get the chance, legally hurt an Essendon player in a tackle… and then help them up.

Last edited:
Lachie Bramble feels to me like a Jono Simpkin type. The twenty second or 23rd player in a premiership team. Note: Simpkin was great for us.

Bramble has useful speed, better than average endurance, good enough skills, and is hungry.

My hope is that he passes Tom Phillips (an honest footballer) in the Hawks pecking order.

Good luck Lachlan. If you get the chance, legally hurt an Essendon player in a tackle… and then help them up.
I was thinking along similar lines.
Bramble looks a better & more muscular athlete, but body shape & movement look similar.
Bramble is like Simpkin with more testosterone :D

Loved Simpkin's temperament. Always gave 100%

2015-2016: Calder Cannons (25 games)
2017-2018: Williamstown (11 games)
2019: Frustrated with lack of games, returns to the Sunbury Lions (BFL)
2020: Returns to Williamstown, season cancelled due to covid
2021: Signs with Box Hill, then wins a spot at Hawthorn

Bit of a summary of his journey here. Incredible he didn't play state level football since 2018 and wins a spot on our list.
And he gets to play in a victory in his first match. Great Story.
Givem hell Lachy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Neat, smart footballer. Ran to the right spots and helped our ball movement.

Stays in for another week

Very solid debut IMO. Ran out of legs which was expected - missed about 4 weeks recently with a hammy so will only get fitter. Great pick up thanks to Andy Collins

I didn't notice him a great deal, good or bad. But he got a bit of the ball and looked tidy enough. Solid debut. Stays in.

Didn’t get a lot of it, but showed enough of qualities that got him drafted. A very smooth mover and zippy in open play, and neat disposal (and importantly a good kick).

Overall looked a better package than Cuz.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back