Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn - Lachie Bramble - delisted 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love to see the stats for his score involvements. Especially that last quarter, he contributed to a lot of goals, his delivery inside 50 was a standout.
PlayerScore Involvements
D Moore
9​
B McEvoy
8​
J O'Meara
8​
T Mitchell
8​
D Howe
8​
W Day
7​
J Ceglar
6​
C Wingard
6​
B Hardwick
5​
J Worpel
5​
L Bramble
5​
L Breust
4​
T O'Brien
4​
T Phillips
4​
J Scrimshaw
4​
L Shiels
3​
C Jiath
3​
J Koschitzke
3​
J Newcombe
2​
K Hartigan
1​
S Burgoyne
0​
S Frost
0​
D G-Barras
0​

Grew in confidence as the game wore on and he helped ice the game. I am a big fan of 'doing the Hawthorn apprenticeship' but a few of these kids look solid at the level straight up. If Callow ends up a player we look to have done pretty well out of the draft, supplemental draft and mid season draft.

Last edited:

Think he may become a sneaky good player for us .
Good ball user and nice poise without ever getting huge possesions.

Type of guy who gets his 15-20 and can hurt you . Think he complements the mix nicely.

Nice pickup and looks a potential long term player.

Think he may become a sneaky good player for us .
Good ball user and nice poise without ever getting huge possesions.

Type of guy who gets his 15-20 and can hurt you . Think he complements the mix nicely.

Nice pickup and looks a potential long term player.
The McEvoy goal he should have got an assist on , nice hip bump on GWS ball chaser then a little side grab when he’s off balance, ball back to McEvoy. Goal. Watched it ten times on replay, looked like a veteran.

I was shocked when Brambles hit Moore in the 50 with that pass. I have become so used to long bombs to the square, I thought it was a miss kick for a second…..
Hit him twice. The first one that went that went to the open side of the ground was one of the best passes into the forward line for awhile. The second was a relatively easy hit up. Moore must be a fan as he also gave him the handball for his 4th

Thought he faded last week, had a slow start this week but finished the game very well

Last edited:
When you look at the chat from the club, re his endurance and running, they see him as the logical Scully/Hill role...which is why we took him first, and overlooked Newcombe and Callow, on a needs basis.

He keeps building on that start, he could become a regular due to our dearth of box-to-box link players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't wait to have Bramble delivering into a forward line with Breust and Gunston - they're both extremely good at finding space and getting separation from their opponent, with only one it's easier to cover; but with both back they'll each be able to find it more (this was a hallmark of our threepeat era), the problem to date has been people capable of hitting it. The Bramble man can!

When you look at the chat from the club, re his endurance and running, they see him as the logical Scully/Hill role...which is why we took him first, and overlooked Newcombe and Callow, on a needs basis.

He keeps building on that start, he could become a regular due to our dearth of box-to-box link players
Didnt really overlook Newcombe, Would be more relevant to Bravo

Keen to see Saunders and Downie improve and suddenly we finally have a heap of run

Didnt really overlook Newcombe, Would be more relevant to Bravo
True, although I was only referencing him compared to guys we took later. in the MSD

Newcombe was already training under Mitchell, and (I'm guessing) may have already been looked at as a possible pre-season pick-up

Can't wait to have Bramble delivering into a forward line with Breust and Gunston - they're both extremely good at finding space and getting separation from their opponent, with only one it's easier to cover; but with both back they'll each be able to find it more (this was a hallmark of our threepeat era), the problem to date has been people capable of hitting it. The Bramble man can!

Shall we call him 'The Postman'?

He delivers....

Jai got a nickname straight away. Haven't seen a Bigfooty one yet for Lachie

Do you think its a case of Downie just needing another AFL pre season to get up to speed ?
Downie's problems have already been alluded to by Sam in his weekly appraisal of our VFL team. I really don't want to say more than that

Downie's problems have already been alluded to by Sam in his weekly appraisal of our VFL team. I really don't want to say more than that
Mind you, he has said he has been improving in those areas the last few weeks, i think he will play this year late

Remove this Banner Ad

Back