Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn pick 13: Will Day 2023 PCM!

Remove this Banner Ad

The part I thought was funny was when talking about Noah Anderson he says 'the Gold Coast Suns they've found one there'. GTFOH… more like they got handed one there 😂
Credit to them having to search all the way through the first 3 players of the draft to “find” a player.

Third in the AFLPA best first year player award. Pretty impressive given the number of players picked ahead of him. Funnily enough the AFL site has a poll in the article to pick the rising star, don't think Day is any chance, but they don't even have him in the 9 players most likely, if you want to vote for him, you'd have to vote 'OTHER'

Third in the AFLPA best first year player award. Pretty impressive given the number of players picked ahead of him. Funnily enough the AFL site has a poll in the article to pick the rising star, don't think Day is any chance, but they don't even have him in the 9 players most likely, if you want to vote for him, you'd have to vote 'OTHER'
Yet Charlie Constable is an option 🤣 wasn't even nominated during the year.

Just shows what a joke the AFL media dept is!
This Riley Beveridge must be Barrett's blasted brother or something.

Fantastic effort to finish 3rd voted on by the players themselves. Should be very proud.

Whitfield (2013) vs Day (2020)
19 Games 11
17.5 Disposals 15.6
4.4 Contested Possessions 4.1
9.2 Kicks 9.1
5.4 Marks 4.4
2.2 Tackles 1.4
1.3 Clearances 0.5
1.6 Inside 50s 1.6
1.8 Rebound 50s 2.5
77.7 TOG 82.7%

Interesting that Day is ranked 11th among the Hawthorn players this year for Time On Ground %. :think:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And the votes and full article link for those that want to read more:
340 votes: Caleb Serong (Fremantle)
158 votes: Noah Anderson (Gold Coast)
47 votes: Will Day (Hawthorn)
30 votes: Lachie Ash (Greater Western Sydney)
22 votes: Mitch Georgiades (Port Adelaide)

Ash, Anderson and Serong all top 10 picks, so safe to say we absolutely nailed it with pick 13 on Day. In very good company. Hopefully we back it up with another great pick this year.

Whitfield (2013) vs Day (2020)
19 Games 11
17.5 Disposals 15.6
4.4 Contested Possessions 4.1
9.2 Kicks 9.1
5.4 Marks 4.4
2.2 Tackles 1.4
1.3 Clearances 0.5
1.6 Inside 50s 1.6
1.8 Rebound 50s 2.5
77.7 TOG 82.7%

Interesting that Day is ranked 11th among the Hawthorn players this year for Time On Ground %. :think:

Correct for shortened game time I reckon Will comes out in front.

Garry's a fan ...

I feel sick I agree with Garry Lyon, I would still give it to Rowell, Day for me would be next but I'll admit I didn't see enough of Freo. So no issue if it Sarong.
Anderson for me is exceptionally vanilla, or if he were wearing Hawthorn Colours Beige.

And the votes and full article link for those that want to read more:
340 votes: Caleb Serong (Fremantle)
158 votes: Noah Anderson (Gold Coast)
47 votes: Will Day (Hawthorn)
30 votes: Lachie Ash (Greater Western Sydney)
22 votes: Mitch Georgiades (Port Adelaide)

Ash, Anderson and Serong all top 10 picks, so safe to say we absolutely nailed it with pick 13 on Day. In very good company. Hopefully we back it up with another great pick this year.
Great effort from the kid. He’s been a real highlight for us.

He’s outdone himself this year, but I still think he can have a big say in what we do in 2021.

If someone had have told you last November that Day would be the stand out youngster for us in 2020, would play 11 games and be considered a strong chance for a podium finish in the Rising star you’d have been chuffed.

I’m already pretty pumped about watching him go on with it next year.

Great effort from the kid. He’s been a real highlight for us.

He’s outdone himself this year, but I still think he can have a big say in what we do in 2021.

If someone had have told you last November that Day would be the stand out youngster for us in 2020, would play 11 games and be considered a strong chance for a podium finish in the Rising star you’d have been chuffed.

I’m already pretty pumped about watching him go on with it next year.

I wasn't on the side of him needing to stack the weight on and always felt he might come in and do some nice things, just based on his highlights which showed a really smart footy player, but based on his size there's just no way anyone could have expected him to come in and play the way he did.

Really excited. Made a wasted season feel like not a waste at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back