Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn pick 13: Will Day 2023 PCM!

Remove this Banner Ad

I tend to find Lloyd is actually one of the few in the media who pump up the Hawks. Or at least question others in the media when talking the Hawks down.

I actually like the old Velvet Sledgehammer as a media man. He's reasonable in most of his commentary, he can poke fun at himself and doesn't mind if others do the same, and he's pretty funny. The Sunday Footy show is about the only watchable football media on TV, mainly because they talk a lot of s**t and take this piss out of Barrett and Tony Jones.

Day wasnt mentioned until well into that clip, I am impressed at how you got so far in without turning it off or ripping out your fingernails!
I actually skipped through it to see if there was any mention of Hawthorn…. Nek minnit!

Not even sure why I watched this, but Lloyd gives Will a big pump up here and says he will be a “superstar of the completion, potentially from next year that will take the competition by storm”, “left foot, right foot, reads the play in the air like few players can” and that he has the ability of having a Sam Walsh like trajectory.

from 1:40

One of the few times I've enjoyed watching anything with Lloyd in it

Not even sure why I watched this, but Lloyd gives Will a big pump up here and says he will be a “superstar of the completion, potentially from next year that will take the competition by storm”, “left foot, right foot, reads the play in the air like few players can” and that he has the ability of having a Sam Walsh like trajectory.

Talking about him like one of the routine potatoes Essendon is about to put on the trade table...

Without any bias, I agree with what Lloyd has said about Will Day.

Will just need to keep himself in the park to realise his full potential.

Does anyone know how his injury recovery is tracking? Awesome talent who we need fit and firing.

Pretty sure Mitchell said he’ll be ready for round 1 at the member event a few weeks back.

I actually like the old Velvet Sledgehammer as a media man. He's reasonable in most of his commentary, he can poke fun at himself and doesn't mind if others do the same, and he's pretty funny. The Sunday Footy show is about the only watchable football media on TV, mainly because they talk a lot of sh*t and take this piss out of Barrett and Tony Jones.

Same, I can't help but like him as a media personality. He's not a mind numbing moron like the majority of them.

I can't wait to watch Will Day play another 5 games next season.
He will blow the competition away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stevie Wonder knows how good Will is.. You don't need that clown to tell you that do you?
Ask Brad how he feels about your mate?
Yes that’s true, anyone with a brain can see the skill of Will
It’s actually pretty good to hear someone in the media actually mention him though, but you are right, it doesn’t mean much

By Brad I assume you mean Brad Scott?

He pretended to run through him one day when coach of the Roos and Dave was standing on the ground during a quarter time break as a commentator for Fox Footy

Brad Scott hates Dave, but Dave doesn’t care too much to be honest

Last edited:
Stevie Wonder knows how good Will is.. You don't need that clown to tell you that do you?
Ask Brad how he feels about your mate?
Jeez don’t be so precious, someone in the media is praising a young player on our list. Just enjoy the kid getting some positive feedback in the media.

Last edited:
Won't lie, a little confused and nervous the club saw fit to give an injury update on Kosi, Sicily, Impey, CJ and Downie today... But not Will.

Blerg.

Won't lie, a little confused and nervous the club saw fit to give an injury update on Kosi, Sicily, Impey, CJ and Downie today... But not Will.

Blerg.
Will wasn't injured by last round. Was just given the rest of the season off, so theres nothing to report.

Will wasn't injured by last round. Was just given the rest of the season off, so theres nothing to report.

Either was Sicily mate.

It's really odd given he reinjured his same ankle and wasn't sighted since.

And look, I'm not one of the posters saying it's an issue, but the silence is really poor by the club here.

Either was Sicily mate.

It's really odd given he reinjured his same ankle.

And look, I'm not one of the posters saying it's an issue, but the silence is really poor by the club here.
Sicily was coming back from an ACL and was on the LTI list. They're different things.

Sicily was coming back from an ACL and was on the LTI list. They're different things.

So given Will reinjured his same ankle, managed five games in 2021 and wasn't sighted since round 15, you don't think fans would want an update from injury?Especially given they are providing this for other players that we already knew would be fine to go in pre-season?

In the absence, one can only be concerned mate.

So given Will reinjured his same ankle, managed five games in 2021 and wasn't sighted since round 15, you don't think fans would want an update from injury?When they are providing this for other players.In the absence, one can only be concerned mate.
That's really not the ONLY outcome though, is it?

I'm a little concerned - but that's my nature, it's certainly not the only outcome that can be drawn from it.

That's really not the ONLY outcome though, is it?

I'm a little concerned - but that's my nature, it's certainly not the only outcome that can be drawn from it.

No. But if he is fine and good to go, why not say? Makes no sense.

We all know ankles can be a really concerning injury. Especially when you reinjure it.

No. But if he is fine and good to go, why not say? Makes no sense.

We all know ankles can be a really concerning injury. Especially when you reinjure it.
I was concerned by the lack of a mention, but it could well mean nothing.

Gunston wasn't mentioned (which also concerned me :grimacing:), but again, that's me reading into something that wasn't written more than reacting to something that was written.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back