Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn: Pick 18, Josh Weddle - Round 10, Rising Star!

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeremy McGovern - pick 44 in 2011 rookie draft.
Harris Andrews - pick 61 in 2014 national draft.
Dylan Grimes - pick 2 in 2010 preseason draft
Tom Jonas (made 4 straight AA squads) - pick 16 in 2011
rookie draft.

It isn’t always about where they get picked, it’s what you do with them when you get them.

Comes down to coaching and development more-so than pure talent.

Your'e going back a bit with some of these.
I'll give you Harris Andrews, although he was a matched second round bid from the lions academy.

The above was not to suggest that we have a guaranteed future star KPD.
Just that his draft profile reads fairly similarly to the current competition's best.

Early reports from the likes of Andy Collins are that we are pretty happy.

I guess I'm just a glass half full kind of guy. :)
Brian lake Pick 71. Your slipping Hawk fans. ;)

If you watch his highlights he looks a million bucks but these are in isolation and if you watch him in games and he gets lost and also doesn’t make great decisions on a consistent basis.

At this stage he is more athlete than footballer which is fine but his footy IQ needs to develop enormously to meet the ridiculous hype the commentators have thrust on him this off season.

He is a joy to watch don’t get me wrong here just want to give people a reality check on where he is at.

Realty went out the door when men started getting pregnant.

Korn has turned a huge corner.

this week he put newk as a top 10 lock in the brownlow. ... more interestingly was his description of him as a player now.. yesterday had Wiz down for over 36 goals... he loves Day.

sometimes it's nice to leave the reality below the surface for a while & hook the compliments & grandiose statements straight into the veins.

life is short.

Thinking about the footballer Weddle might be in 2-3 years is tantalising
Korn is wrong more than he is right.
He doesn't care and isn't held accountable.
Something to think about.

Korn is wrong more than he is right.
He doesn't care and isn't held accountable.
Something to think about.

ive not been keeping tally & i see him as a discussion starter than anything else.

but don't underestimate media's influence to some level. good press is better than the opposing end

that said I don't take any serious notice of any main stream media opinion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is the most 'could be anything' footballer I think I've ever seen at Hawthorn.
There's a young man in your avatar who'd fit that description.

Which call? There's been a few... both positive and negative.
If I remember right, which is questionable, I think it was the ‘most boring list/no potential’. I may have just dreamt it too, I assume we all dream of positive Kane content towards the Hawks.

Edit: Maybe the list he would least like to have?

If I remember right, which is questionable, I think it was the ‘most boring list/no potential’. I may have just dreamt it too, I assume we all dream of positive Kane content towards the Hawks.

Edit: Maybe the list he would least like to have?
It was the "most boring" list or words to that effect.

I think it was something like "if you're Hawthorn supporter, whose number are you getting on your guernsey?"

It was the "most boring" list or words to that effect.

I think it was something like "if you're Hawthorn supporter, whose number are you getting on your guernsey?"
He didn’t really hold himself accountable, he just said it’s not true anymore. Ie he was right at the time but we’ve drafted well etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back