Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Pick 51, 2022: Bailey MacDonald - a Hawk until 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

They obviously like what they see so far...

Nice.
He had a really good pre season till he got injured really frustrating for him because I thought he was going to make that back pocket defence position his own. Has elite pace. His issues were his kicking and decision making and his one on one defending. Since last year he has increased his tank and his one on one defending is much more aggressive and physical. His kicking and decision making has also improved but can improve further he should be back sooner rather than later. Looking forward to him Seamus battling out for a place in the team.

Extended until 2026.

Season 7 Reaction GIF by The Office

He had a really good pre season till he got injured really frustrating for him because I thought he was going to make that back pocket defence position his own. Has elite pace. His issues were his kicking and decision making and his one on one defending. Since last year he has increased his tank and his one on one defending is much more aggressive and physical. His kicking and decision making has also improved but can improve further he should be back sooner rather than later. Looking forward to him Seamus battling out for a place in the team.
Both good players - I reckon they’ll both get in one day

Bailey Macdonald (One goal, 13 disposals, four marks, three inside 50s)

“People who were at the game would’ve seen a traditional Bailey Mac back which is great. He provided some dash, some run and carry and he got forward and kicked a goal which is all the stuff that we know Bailey Mac can do. He’s taken a step forward after being a bit crook last week and not putting in the performance he would’ve liked. It’s a step forward and it’s now about building off the back of that and being more consistent. Not a lot of people have the weapons he has so we need to continue to harness and grow that.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back