Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn, Sam Frost. Extends to 2024!

Remove this Banner Ad

awesome, thanks for the stats

I think his turnovers are more egregious because he often takes it on in the corridor and misses the target badly which opens us up to be scored on

Yes, that's probably true, but based on his relatively low turnover numbers, he's probably not costing as many goals as say worpel with 11 turnovers and 9 turnovers in his two worst games in that department. Sure not all of them are crucial corridor turnovers (and he's getting a lot more of the ball than Frost), but not all of Frosts average of 2 per game are crucial corridor turnovers either.

I'd love to see this fella throw his "good side" around in finals.........be a god damn nightmare as forward or anyone else in the area.

Old school Hawk player, who mistakenly started at the plums

Shudder to think how many free kicks for holding Frost would give away playing on monsters like Hawkins.

But yeah, we need a better FB than Hartigan. State leagues?
No, Dave mirra was a superstar fb at vfl level.

Denver Granger-Barrass will be an AA full back for us, safest bet in last year's draft.

We've had a dreary years results wise but tuning into the Sam Frost show makes it enjoyable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Player #28 - Sam Frost
View attachment 1262675
Pictured: Sam Frost. Reality TV star and anti-vaxxer, the worst of everything

Sam Frost started his career at GWS during their early years of getting flogged. He then moved to the Demons for a few years, while they were getting flogged. He has now spent the last two years at Hawthorn during Clarko's "grab a granny" strategy which is currently being copied by Geelong. If Hawthorn miraculously improve in the next couple of years he'll wind up in a BDSM dungeon as the sub because I assume that's where he feels the most comfortable.

A tall defender, Frost is very quick which according to the former Ms Mofra is not always an asset to be proud of.
He can actually find the ball and, well, that's where his problems begin. With the ball in hand nobody knows what will happen or where the ball will end up (again, BDSM dungeon etc etc). His decision making and kicking is so bad his teammates refer to him as "Lieutenant Dan" because that's how effective he is at using both legs.

This year he was a mainstay of the Hawthorn defensive unit which was a large part of why Clarko was sacked. He played all 22 games and tallied 194 kicks and 78 clangers. Some of his clangers were absolute howlers. Often he'd perform some amazing athletic feat, grab the ball in defence, stream through the middle and nobody (lest of all Sam) would have any idea of what happens next. He is the Choose Your Own Adventure book of the Hawthorn team in that every time he turns over a new leaf an unexpected starting point awaits. His decision making is so erratic it would cause Courtney Love's PA to have a nervous breakdown. And let's just take a second to appreciate Love's under-appreciated talent: it takes real ability to make a murder look like a suicide.

Sam is contracted for next year so we'll get to enjoy his on-field adventures again in 2022. There is a strong chance, like this year, that he will again make a fine contribution to the Bottom 50.

Sam's unfortunately made Mofra's bottom 50 on the bay. Pretty unlucky as I reckon he was pretty good this year. But how can you be angry, there is some absolute comedic gold right there

"He can actually find the ball and, well, that's where his problems begin. With the ball in hand nobody knows what will happen or where the ball will end up (again, BDSM dungeon etc etc). His decision making and kicking is so bad his teammates refer to him as "Lieutenant Dan" because that's how effective he is at using both legs"

I lost it right here!

This bloke really isn’t getting the love he deserves imo .
Its a young back line that stands taller because of him , they know Sam will have their back at all times from a footy structure perspective and from the physical perspective, he backs down from no one !
Well done frosty 👍👍

He seems a lot more assured in his role and the backline this year, arguably been our best pure defender (maybe Hardwick) and his in career best form.

Graeme wright got a steal and his got a lot of footy left. Don’t think he will ever loose his pace for a while so may play till 35.

This bloke really isn’t getting the love he deserves imo .
Its a young back line that stands taller because of him , they know Sam will have their back at all times from a footy structure perspective and from the physical perspective, he backs down from no one !
Well done frosty 👍👍
Stellar start to the season.

First goal for the Hawks, new star forward Sam Frost :D

Hmmm…The idea of him playing forward more frequently is definitely intriguing. Sam can definitely take a mark & I was surprised how much leg speed he had in that passage of play over the weekend that resulted in the Wingard goal. Mixing it up may be exactly what he needs.

Hmmm…The idea of him playing forward more frequently is definitely intriguing. Sam can definitely take a mark & I was surprised how much leg speed he had in that passage of play over the weekend that resulted in the Wingard goal. Mixing it up may be exactly what he needs.
He's actually the perfect tall half-forward.
He's got great endurance, fantastic leg speed, can break the lines, and is a fantastic field-kick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back