Welcome to Hawthorn - Tom Mitchell - 2018 Brownlow medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

Love the guy but he's gonna live forever in the O'Meara shadow.

We need a gif of that sliding collect with hand ball that he did, was a little bit of magic
Xtreme when you are back on deck perhaps you could oblige

We need a gif of that sliding collect with hand ball that he did, was a little bit of magic
Xtreme when you are back on deck perhaps you could oblige

I got penalised twice by two different WB mods for the same "post" in the Bay. One moderator saw it, deleted the post and issued the infraction, all was good and prepared to cop my right whack for it. For some reason the post (plus other trolling posts by other posters) were undeleted and back in the thread again AND I got pinged by a different WB supporting moderator which then gave me a weeks holiday. All good though, hadn't been suspended in nearly a year and a half :D.

I can do a gif if I have access to the source material, I'll check youtube for a match highlights clip tomorrow and HOPE the handball you speak of is included

Sam Mitchell is my second favourite hawk of all time. Tom Mitchell is already the equal of Sam. If he's not winning the clearance he's causing another stoppage by sheer will. His hands are lightning and would already be our best tackler. It's no wonder Sydney's midfield is struggling, this kids an underrated gun

Sam Mitchell is my second favourite hawk of all time. Tom Mitchell is already the equal of Sam. If he's not winning the clearance he's causing another stoppage by sheer will. His hands are lightning and would already be our best tackler. It's no wonder Sydney's midfield is struggling, this kids an underrated gun
He's really not.
I've enjoyed what he has brought to the team but he is by no means the equal of Sam in his prime.
He's a big part of our success moving forward and he hasn't peaked as a player so I'm looking forward to what he becomes, but he hasn't equalled Sam and that's no insult

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's really not.
I've enjoyed what he has brought to the team but he is by no means the equal of Sam in his prime.
He's a big part of our success moving forward and he hasn't peaked as a player so I'm looking forward to what he becomes, but he hasn't equalled Sam and that's no insult

Agreed. Particularly in terms of his disposal. That needs to lift a little to get to the level of Mitch Mach I. However, i would say they're bringing comparable things at the same age, with Mitch Mach II covering a little more ground and having more impact around the ground, it just at stoppages.

He has been outstanding so far. Leading the B&F by some way.

Early question marks when we traded him were "could he perform being the number 1 midfielder, as opposed to 4th/5th in line behind the Swans stars?". Well, so far resoundingly answered the question marks. He has still been able to find the pill under much more scrutiny and has carried the midfield.

One note, Sam Mitchell was so good at getting the ball in traffic and just taking an extra step and second to make the right decision, not rush his disposal and set up a play. Tom seems to flick the quick handball so often, or rush a quick kick forward. Needs more composure, it will come with time, but I want to see him be a bit more clever with the ball and have more polish. But, that's a bit harsh.

He'll win our best & fairest by a long way and he will likely be in the All-Australian team for the first time in his career.

Season average: 34 disposals (14 contested) - 5 marks - 7 tackles - 5 clearances - 5 inside 50s

Opposition supporters: But but but he's going to struggle getting the number one tagger.

I mentioned it earlier, but his extraction ability is probably up there with prime Sammy. Disposal isn't, but we can't expect that to be, Sammy was one of a kind.

Sammy's best is certainly better than Tom, but Sammy wasn't that good at an early age.

In fact, Sammy's been at his best in the last 5-6 years so Tom's got time to improve.

I think he is playing as good as Lewis when he was at his peak. The kid is only going to get better.
Cheers Sydney!!!
14!!! Lol all the way to September

His fantasy scores so far this season:

128 vs Essendon
125 vs Adelaide
115 vs Gold Coast
125 vs Geelong
122 vs West Coast

Well, turns out Big Footy was right. He's really struggling with being the number 1 midfielder, isn't he?

Compete spud, no good in the midfield, no wonder Sydney are 5-0 and not missing him.

Sent from my HUAWEI RIO-L02 using Tapatalk

How brave our 1 win has made us ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back