Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn, Tyler Brockman!

Remove this Banner Ad

As sad as it would be to see him leave, if Brocky wants to go home I'd like to angle a pickswap with WCE.
Brocky + 2022 second for WCE 2022 second.

wanna reinforce that I want to keep Brocky though.
Agree with this. Latest posts all seem to be taking it as gospel that he's going and wants to go. Until it's official, I'm holding out hope that he wants to stay as he seems like a really good kid and has tons of talent. Would be great to see him fulfil his potential at the Hawks.

He isnt a free agent

And walking to the pre season draft isnt correct

He has to go through the national draft as well

And it never happens

We will get something in a trade
Jack Martin didn't have to go back through the ND when he eventually went to Carlton via the PSD.

He isnt a free agent

I don't think so.
He can choose to go directly to the PSD if he so wishes, having knocked back a contract offer

Does he actually want to leave

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
There’s lots of innuendo about him being homesick, but I’m hopeful that we have be able to turn that around over the last couple of months.
The injury and separation from the rest of the group while he rehabs couldn’t have come at a worse time though.

I don't think so.
He can choose to go directly to the PSD if he so wishes, having knocked back a contract offer
Correct it's why we can play hardball, we're not messing around with Tyler he can still return if he wants through the PSD without fuss, it's up to West Coast if they want to play fair and if they really want to dance around with karma.

Correct it's why we can play hardball, we're not messing around with Tyler he can still return if he wants through the PSD without fuss, it's up to West Coast if they want to play fair and if they really want to dance around with karma.
How can we play hardball, though...if WCE have the first pick in the PSD?

Not saying that will happen, but the situation is certainly not condusive to us playing hardball.

If anyone could use leverage unfairly, it's them

Last edited:
Clubs generally get a trade done rather than shaft the club losing the player.
if it turns out he is done, then we should expect to get something for him, even if just a 3rd rounder.

I hope he stays.
He reminds me of Willo in the highlights that theiaofseed put together.

Not saying that will happen, but the situation is certainly not condusive to us playing hardball.

I think what he's saying is that as long as what we're asking for is fair and reasonable then we'd be banking on WCE to not be short sighted in encouraging him to go via the PSD. "Hardball" does suggest we'd be pushing for maximum value which is unlikely given the circumstances. But provided we stand firm and don't over value him then WCE would likely trade.

Can't use the threat of the PSD if the pick you're gonna offer is worthless, late pick(50+) and nothing are basically the same thing at that point to Hawthorn. Normally you accept unders to help the player home if theyre homesick but in this case there's no risk he wont get there, so that allows us to play hardball with the hanging implication "you're entering a long rebuild, you will struggle keeping Victorian talent is this the hill you wanna die on".

Last edited:
If Brockman went back to Western Australia, I just can’t see him picking Fremantle, as they’ve already got Walters, Schultz, Frederick and Switkowski in their best 22.

I think he’s more than likely to choose West Coast as they were keen on him during his draft year. It’s hard to get a true read on Brockman’s market value given he’s missed an entire season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Brockman went back to Western Australia, I just can’t see him picking Fremantle, as they’ve already got Walters, Schulz, Frederick and Switkowski in their best 22.

I think he’s more than likely to choose West Coast as they were keen on him during his draft year. It’s hard to get a true read on Brockman’s market value given he’s missed an entire season.
I think the fact that he's missed an entire season gives you his market value.

Agree with this. Latest posts all seem to be taking it as gospel that he's going and wants to go. Until it's official, I'm holding out hope that he wants to stay as he seems like a really good kid and has tons of talent. Would be great to see him fulfil his potential at the Hawks.
Remembering that Chance Bateman wanted to return home in tragic family circumstances and we did everything to help that but when it fell through he stayed became our first indigenous player to 100 games and a pivotal player in our 2008 premiership team. Here's hoping

Remembering that Chance Bateman wanted to return home in tragic family circumstances and we did everything to help that but when it fell through he stayed became our first indigenous player to 100 games and a pivotal player in our 2008 premiership team. Here's hoping
Chance tried to to return home, but neither Freo or WCE had any interest.

Chances mum played a big role getting him back to Hawthorn after the death of his sister.

He isnt a free agent

And it never happens

We will get something in a trade
He doesn’t have to nominate for the national draft to go via the psd. You are thinking of the rookie draft.

I think the fact that he's missed an entire season gives you his market value.

If it was through poor form I'd agree. A mixture of personal time and season ending injury means the only exposed form we have is the very promising beginning to his career in 2021. You can negotiate based on potential when it's warranted.

Regardless, the most realistic outcome here IF he wants to return home is...

1. He nominates a club.
2. We take slightly under what we'd like to make sure he gets there.
3. If it's West Coast, they at least offer a selection to us to facilitate that good relationship.

The last thing West Coast want to do is screw us over then ruin things for themselves in the future IF (for example) DGB wanted to return home also.
If they wanted to walk Brocky to the PSD then any circumstance involving DGB would end up being '2 first rounders minimum or we're only shopping him to Freo'.
Pure hypothetical though. I don't see Denver wanting to leave us ever. He seems like such a natural fit at our club.

If it was through poor form I'd agree. A mixture of personal time and season ending injury means the only exposed form we have is the very promising beginning to his career in 2021. You can negotiate based on potential when it's warranted.

Regardless, the most realistic outcome here IF he wants to return home is...

1. He nominates a club.
2. We take slightly under what we'd like to make sure he gets there.
3. If it's West Coast, they at least offer a selection to us to facilitate that good relationship.

The last thing West Coast want to do is screw us over then ruin things for themselves in the future IF (for example) DGB wanted to return home also.
If they wanted to walk Brocky to the PSD then any circumstance involving DGB would end up being '2 first rounders minimum or we're only shopping him to Freo'.
Pure hypothetical though. I don't see Denver wanting to leave us ever. He seems like such a natural fit at our club.
I agree, that the circumstances of his missing the year aren't entirely of his doing...

However... his market value has been greatly affected by his missing the year, especially when it's likely the 'personal time' away from football correlates with the reason he would want to leave HFC in the first place (homesick re: WA); &, that he'd want to trade to one of the WA clubs.

Not sure this matter will be in any way influenced by what DGB may want in 1-3yrs time. Given they'll be sh1t for years, there won't be a need for WCE to cough-up multiple firsts for DGB - they'd simply wait for his contract to expire & perform the same manoeuvre we're currently discussing (acc.: Brockman) - they'd be mad to trade/pay market price so would instead wait until they held leverage (like they would in Brockman's current case, IF he decided he wants to leave at season's end).

If Brockman went back to Western Australia, I just can’t see him picking Fremantle, as they’ve already got Walters, Schultz, Frederick and Switkowski in their best 22.

Walters is cooked and Brockman would be an upgrade on Switkowski on talent.

Does he actually want to leave
emoji848.png

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Although there has been a lot of innuendo, RIOLINWITPUNCHS is not someone I would associate with 'alternative facts' on this board so I would be inclined to take at face value the strong murmurings that he's gone. He has had a wretched run this year, that's for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back