News Welcome to Hawthorn Tyrone Vickery's cats!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOL some really funny comments on here about Tyrone , But will give you guys some info about him just incase its been posted before mods can delete.

Tyrone is a very intelligent man that has a very high iq and speaks extremely well and is pretty witty with a rye sens of humour
He is also a black belt in Karate (2nd dan i think) and really knows how to fight but you would never see or know it unless you seen him actually at the martial arts center.

His father is the boxing coach at Richmond football club and has been for over 10 years from what i know and tyrone is also extremely handy in the ring.

as mentioned 200cm 100kgs great kick and reasonable leap,He has alot more tricks than Hale and many other tall kpp players and also very nimble.

Tyrones biggest problems are
1. I believe to be his biggest and wont change is that Football is just not that important to him and he will have a very good life after football in what ever he does and just see's AFL and playing as a job or source of income whilst completing his education and qualifications. Wouldnt suprise me at all to see him retire at say 29/30.

2. He just doesnt have that mongel in him or that competative beast if you will to do anything thats required to get the ball and I rarely ever see him take a mark with his arms stretched out or in a body to body contest (which i hate the most he just tries to get his opponent under the ball or tries to get out the back for the cheap goals)

But for a FA he fills a need and will be handy,But wouldnt go expecting him to be a world beater

as mentioned 200cm 100kgs great kick and reasonable leap,He has alot more tricks than Hale and many other tall kpp players and also very nimble.

If he can provide us with what Hale did i'll be happy, anything more is a bonus. Apparently he'll spend significantly more time in the ruck than at Richmond, so it'll be interesting to see what effect that has, especially on those quiet games where he struggles to get involved.

If he can provide us with what Hale did i'll be happy, anything more is a bonus. Apparently he'll spend significantly more time in the ruck than at Richmond, so it'll be interesting to see what effect that has, especially on those quiet games where he struggles to get involved.
That was the funny part about what was mentioned , Tyrone didnt like to Ruck and was never much good at it, He is more a tall foward that has the height so we used him in the ruck but he wasnt comfortable there.

He is more skilled and talented than Hale but no where near the determination or the fight to compete

That was the funny part about what was mentioned , Tyrone didnt like to Ruck and was never much good at it, He is more a tall foward that has the height so we used him in the ruck but he wasnt comfortable there.

He is more skilled and talented than Hale but no where near the determination or the fight to compete

Monkhurst has a pretty good record of turning guys who are just okay rucks into players who can nullify their opponent and find ways to be dangerous as a ruck, even if it's not their tapwork. Hale was a solid tap ruckman, but his follow up work, second efforts, tackling are what really made him good in the middle. His work in the forward line obviously supplemented that, given he spent most of his time up forward.

Vickery certainly has his deficiencies, but it'll be interesting to see how he changes and how his mindset changes in a new environment. Like you said, he has the talent, it's just a matter of finding the best way to utilise it.

lol, Hawthorn's long-haired freak* takes his cats for walks...in a ventilated backpack.

View attachment 305438

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/video/2016-10-28/getting-to-know-you-ty-vickery
My immediate reaction, after muttering WTF, was:

TerrificHappyBagworm.gif

Was really excited to see Ty play next year, and defend him from the pre-loaded haters and scape-goat requirers. Then he mentioned the cat backpack. You are making this bloody tough for me, Ty.

Was really excited to see Ty play next year, and defend him from the pre-loaded haters and scape-goat requirers. Then he mentioned the cat backpack. You are making this bloody tough for me, Ty.
Have word the guy is a first rate space cadet, a real looney, he's gonna need some "get real" sessions with Hodgey.

Where's the word from? Every time I see him interviewed he seems sensible, even almost intelligent.
That's the same impression I got too but I have it on good authority from a friend closer to the club that he is weird.
I saw the cat thing last night as well, I wish he was joking. In the end if he does a good job for us it doesn't matter
but for me he is a worry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally, I love the fact he has cats and walks them.

That's a guy who couldn't give a * what others think is "normal".

My kinda dude.

The idea that Hodge needs to sit him down and have a word becuase he doesn't have a dog is pretty funny.

Have word the guy is a first rate space cadet, a real looney, he's gonna need some "get real" sessions with Hodgey.

Despite being a dog guy myself, I was kidding around. He seems like a really grounded, intelligent bloke from the interviews I've seen.

And Hodgey hasn't got grounds to give s**t to someone when he's shilling for Lite N Easy ;)

Despite being a dog guy myself, I was kidding around. He seems like a really grounded, intelligent bloke from the interviews I've seen.

And Hodgey hasn't got grounds to give s**t to someone when he's shilling for Lite N Easy ;)
Hodgey can do whatever he wants - even cross dress, but I have a problem with a bloke with such an affection towards scumbag cats!

Last edited:
Hodgey can do whatever he wants - even cross dress, but I have a problem with a bloke with such an affection towards scumbag cats!
Then you have a problem with me.

Aaah, you're one of them...

Probably the same reason your mates don't trust him.

I'm now relieved we have no reason to worry about Tyrone Vickery...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back