News Welcome to Hawthorn: Zane Littlejohn

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't know if it has been mentioned in other threads but I love his brutal honesty at times in his post match write ups on the Hawks listed Box Hill players. Much better than the "great job everyone" way of Otten.
I just posted something similar on the Box Hill thread. Littlejohn gives us an insight into the coaches’ thinking of how the players went and what they need to work on. Obviously this can be in stark contrast to supporters’ opinions.

I just posted something similar on the Box Hill thread. Littlejohn gives us an insight into the coaches’ thinking of how the players went and what they need to work on. Obviously this can be in stark contrast to supporters’ opinions.
Yes all supporters can have biases against or for certain players.

The yanks are so far ahead of us in how they develop coaches across all of their sports.

It's like how Sammy looks at elite traits in players and wants to develop those areas.

The pathways to elite sport run insanely deep in every facet of life for US athletes and coaches.

My daughter is not even two years old, she's already at an athletic development class once a week out here - it's the US version of playgroup.

There are kids who are 18 months old and flipping tires, hanging from monkey bars, pushing and pulling weights etc.

Sounds weird, you can see some of them are benefiting from it in a non extreme, over the top way.

The coaches for the class are former college athletes. They know what they're doing training movement patters etc.

By the time high school rolls around, these kids are doing full on strength and conditioning stuff.

Very few people on these boards would win a wrestling match against a good high school football player, let alone a wrestler. It's nuts.

And still managed to pick Tim O'Brien despite this extra information.
Players are still selected if they are the best available even though the coaches are aware of their strengths and weaknesses. If your KPP stocks are weak guys like TOB, Kosi, Greene may still be picked despite their limitations because there is no alternative.

Players are still selected if they are the best available even though the coaches are aware of their strengths and weaknesses. If your KPP stocks are weak guys like TOB, Kosi, Greene may still be picked despite their limitations because there is no alternative.
Clarkson had favourites of this there was no doubt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back