Werewolf Werewolf Game Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. What's the role's exact specs?
This here is just a sample of BRAB's offerings. Including the Aronist role:
IT IS TIME FOR SOME MATCH THREAD WEREWOLF. SIMPLY RESPOND "IN" TO THIS COMMENT TO JOIN THE GAME.

WELCOME TO NEW YORK

Basic Rules:
At the beginning of the game each player is given a 'role' at random and in secret (via PM) by the moderator.

The aim of the New York citizens is to identify and kill all of the Mentals and weirdos before the evil factions can kill enough citizens so that (# of e.g. Politicians = # of Citizens). Only one faction can win.

How are players killed?
Each 'turn' of the game will last approximately 24 hours and also represents one 'day' of game time, thus a game will go on for several days before it is concluded. There are two 'phases' to every turn of the game;

Night Phase (7:00pm – 10:00am):When evil factions secretly decide among themselves, via PM communication, which Villager (one per night) that they shall kill and then inform the moderator via PM. Others with a Night action also enter their actions now via PM to the Mods. Decisions for the night phase are to be in no later than 10am.

Day Phase (10:00am – 7:00pm):After the results of Night actions have been announced, everybody, Citizens, Mentals and Weirdos discusses and ultimately votes publicly in the game-thread upon which player (one per day) that they shall lynch and kill. Votes for the day phase are to be in no later than 8pm.

Obviously during the day the Citizens will want the group to vote for and lynch an evil player, whilst the evil players themselves will want not to be lynched; herein lies the fundamental strategy of the game:
Can the Citizens identify the evildoers whilst at the same time convincing the rest of the group that they're not evil? And can the evildoers convince the group that they're not evil at all and thus avoid being lynched?

Werewolf Etiquette:

There are two main rules which everyone must follow in order for the game to run successfully;

DEAD PLAYERS MUST LEAVE THE GAME
If you are killed at any point during the game then you are no longer allowed to participate although I will allow a farewell post, but that post cannot impact the remainder of the game.

THERE MUST BE NO PRIVATE COMMUNICATION BETWEEN PLAYERS EXCEPT WITHIN THE GROUPS LISTED BELOW
Except for the above-mentioned groups sending PMs between themselves, other forms of private communication concerning the game are not allowed.

Anyone caught quoting PMs from the mods will be mod-killed without warning.

For this game we will not be using the Reason for Lynching rule.

Voting:
During the Day Phase players must vote for whom to lynch, your vote must be formatted in bold like this: Player Name.

For this game you may not vote NO LYNCH.

Upon the voting deadline (end of day-phase) the votes will be tallied by the moderator and whoever has received the most will be lynched and be out of the game: remember, once killed you cannot take further part; do not reveal your roles to anyone until the game has been concluded.

Any ties in voting will result in all leading votegetters lynched.

Roles

Mentals

Crazy Joe Devola (Godfather - gets to seer 1 player each night, cannot be killed at night)

Soup Nazi (hitman - gets to make 1 kill each night. If godfather dies hitman takes over his role but cannot seer)

Mr Pitt (goon - helps hitman make a kill each night. if killed, the hitman gets 2 kills as retribution for his sons death)

Lloyd Braun (Blackmailer - has the ability to blackmail 1 player each night forcing them to vote for someone. cannot make them vote for themselves.

Win condition: when the number of Mafia members = to number of Village members, arsonist, Vampires and Werewolves must be dead.

Weirdos

Newman (Alpha Wolf - gets to seer 1 player each night, cannot be killed at night)

Mr Lippman (hitman - gets to make 1 kill each night)

Frank Constanza (werecub - if this player is killed the Wolves get an extra kill at night)

George Steinbrenner (Roleblocker- can block 1 role per night. can’t block the same person in consecutive nights)

Win condition: when the number of Werewolves members = to number of Villages members, Serial Killer, Vampires and Mafia must be dead.

Neutrals:

Art Vanderlay (Arsonist) - gets to make a decision each night, to douse a target in fuel or to ignite. If the arsonist choses to ignite he will kill all of his victims who have been doused in fuel in the nights prior.

Note: Players who are doused will be advised of this. If ignited, this kill overrides night immunity’s of any kind)

Win condition: Must reach the final 4 regardless of who is still alive.

Kenny Bania (Vampire) – Kenny can recruit a maximum of 3 additional players. If the players he recruits have powers they bring them across with them. If Jerry seers Kenny, Jerry will automatically be added to the Vampires as Kenny wants to take him out for lunch.

Vampires can make a kill every 2nd night.

If Kenny is killed, all other Vampires will die as a result (unless they have night protection)

Win condition: Eliminate all other evil and outnumber the village.

The Maestro (Unwanted Guest) – The Maestro is playing for himself but he will actually start in the flogs PM. He is their unwanted guest. Maestro and the Flogs are not allowed to reveal, hint, like posts that can lead to the revealing of each other in the main thread.

Note: game continues if Maestro out lasts the flogs.

Win condition: Must outlast the flogs.

Keith Hernandez (Sleeper) – Keith starts off as a regular villager. If he is seered or an attempt to night kill him by evil happens he springs to life and says “I’m Keith Hernandez” and gets to join the evil faction for the remainder of the game.

If a good seer investigates him, the good seer will lose the ability to seer for the next 2 nights and Keith will commit suicide, taking another player of his choice down with him.

Can win with either village or evil.

The Flogs 3

George

Kramer

Elaine

Every second night the flogs get to make a guess as to who they think Jerry Seinfeld is. If they guess correctly, Jerry will join their group and they will be able to make a kill as well as his usual seer each night until Jerry is dead.

Jerry (Seer) - Gets to seer 1 player each night to find out their role

Uncle Leo (Fake seer) – Will think he is the real seer, will be fed incorrect information about his seers each night, info to be decided at random.

Susan (Doctor) - Gets to protect 1 player each night. Can’t protect the same player in consecutive nights.

Puddy (Vigilante) - Gets to make 1 kill for the village each night.

Morty Seinfeld (Mayor) – Morty Senifeld’s votes are worth 2

Good Wildcard (1) – Will be given a good role at random.

Win condition: Eliminate The Mafia, Werewolves, Vampires, Arsonist. Can win while Keith is alive.

All other players are New York Citizens (villagers)

*Note depending on numbers some neutral roles may be dropped.

Yeah might have to count on the Seer not wanting to reveal just because they know what set we're using.

Do people like the Vampire role where he can only recruit on a night where there has been an explicit role reveal/claim? Discourages role reveals.
I like that spin.

Yeah might have to count on the Seer not wanting to reveal just because they know what set we're using.

Do people like the Vampire role where he can only recruit on a night where there has been an explicit role reveal/claim? Discourages role reveals.

That's a very interesting idea. I mean, as long as it's a straight claim, and well, the more that claim, the more that they should be allowed to recurit.

Reminds me a bit about Lord Voldemort in a way. Except in this case, everytime you reveal, the Vamp gets more opportunities to recruit. I'd even remove the limit in that case.

That's a very interesting idea. I mean, as long as it's a straight claim, and well, the more that claim, the more that they should be allowed to recurit.

Reminds me a bit about Lord Voldemort in a way. Except in this case, everytime you reveal, the Vamp gets more opportunities to recruit. I'd even remove the limit in that case.

It doesn't necessarily have to be a true claim - or else the Vamp would basically get a mini seer - but would require someone to say something that explicitly links them to a role (I wouldn't be able to require specific wording or people would loophole it). Even stops flogs revealing. There's already a reluctance to reveal while Vamps are alive, but this would strengthen it.

It doesn't necessarily have to be a true claim - or else the Vamp would basically get a mini seer - but would require someone to say something that explicitly links them to a role (I wouldn't be able to require specific wording or people would loophole it). Even stops flogs revealing. There's already a reluctance to reveal while Vamps are alive, but this would strengthen it.
Yeah, that's true. Information is very important after all, but you have to be wise about it! Claim a role, true or not, and you'll allow evil to get stronger!

We need to get the people to think and make decisions based on what they have seen.

Keeping in mind that the role set might not even give Vamps that condition - I certainly wouldn't announce in the write up if someone had been converted - so would keep people guessing and being hesitant until the Role Set was known.

Keeping in mind that the role set might not even give Vamps that condition - I certainly wouldn't announce in the write up if someone had been converted - so would keep people guessing and being hesitant until the Role Set was known.

Oho, now that is some tricky dicky stuff alright.

Just when you think you've got it figured out, something comes to ruin that theory.

So, everyone knows what the three sets do, but you won't tell anything that will give the game away! Makes sense at the very least. I mean, the village is going to be aware that someone is dead, they wouldn't know that one of their members has been converted. Yeah, I can dig that, keeps everyone on their toes.

Oho, now that is some tricky dicky stuff alright.

Just when you think you've got it figured out, something comes to ruin that theory.

So, everyone knows what the three sets do, but you won't tell anything that will give the game away! Makes sense at the very least. I mean, the village is going to be aware that someone is dead, they wouldn't know that one of their members has been converted. Yeah, I can dig that, keeps everyone on their toes.

Yep, the OP will contain Roles A, Roles B, and Roles C. I'll then randomly generate which set I use, then everything runs same as usual, but no one knows which set has been selected until they figure it out.

Risk is that it could be figured out N1 when someone dies haha but the hope is that it at least survives until D3/N4 before being worked out.

Wait... this isn't something that BRAB made up? It's legit? (You know what I'm talking about, since its in our match thread.)

yeah 100% legit. that game BRAB posted was just a copy and paste job of a game RodneyDangerfield and I ran not long ago ha ha.

Bet on Blue
i first saw the role on one of our richmond board games.
so basically someone has the role of the arsonist.
each night they can chose someone to douse in petrol, that player gets notified after the night phase e.g " you have been doused in petrol by the arsonist. you could be blown up at any time"

the arsonist has 1 match to use at any night phase he wishes. once the match is struck, anyone who has been doused by petrol in previous nights is killed. night immunity does NOT protect this.

Stupid question but can onlycrichmond players play on the Richmond board?

Stupid question but can onlycrichmond players play on the Richmond board?

yep, its in hidden section. there is certain posting criteria that needs to be met to be allowed access in there, cant remember what it is though.

yep, its in hidden section. there is certain posting criteria that needs to be met to be allowed access in there, cant remember what it is though.
What if I change my team?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What if I change my team?

i think the criteria applies to specific richmond board posting.

so if you changed teams and posted to meet the criteria then i suppose?

but I'm not a mod, so I'm not sure.

TBH we don't play all that often.

I don't want to play there. I just wanted to look at it. I was curious.

yeah 100% legit. that game BRAB posted was just a copy and paste job of a game RodneyDangerfield and I ran not long ago ha ha.

Bet on Blue
each night they can chose someone to douse in petrol, that player gets notified after the night phase e.g " you have been doused in petrol by the arsonist. you could be blown up at any time"

the arsonist has 1 match to use at any night phase he wishes. once the match is struck, anyone who has been doused by petrol in previous nights is killed. night immunity does NOT protect this.
Love it

What was that bomb one? Heaps of people died if i remember corectly

yeah that's the one!

yeah loved that one.

cant remember it exactly, was a while ago now.

it was based around the flogs. this might not be exact but it was something like: they could either make 1 kill every 2nd night or they could chose to not make a kill for 4 nights and as long as at least 2 of them were still alive by the 5th night, they could then make 5 kills.

yeah loved that one.

cant remember it exactly, was a while ago now.

it was based around the flogs. this might not be exact but it was something like: they could either make 1 kill every 2nd night or they could chose to not make a kill for 4 nights and as long as at least 2 of them were still alive by the 5th night, they could then make 5 kills.
WWII I think it was with the Manhattan Project. I wasn't playing then but I read through it.

WWII I think it was with the Manhattan Project. I wasn't playing then but I read through it.

yeah thats the one, manhattan project.

loved that role.

im a big believer that the flogs need to have some kind of role / objective in games. otherwise its too easy for them to just come out and claim being flogs on day 1 and coast through.

Bet on Blue

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/werewolf-seinfeld.1154110/

That is one sadistic game of Seinfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back