Other What Sort of Games Do You Like the Most?

Remove this Banner Ad

I for one love the tactical battles, where 1 big play, or a great coaching call changes the course of the game. A game where you can see a team change their gameplan over and over in the same game to try and get the upper edge.

For example, my favourite game of last season was week 1 - Falcons @ Steelers. Steelers won 15-9 in OT, but both teams had to try and outsmart the other all day, and with the Steelers without the benefit of having Big Ben playing, and 1 big play ended up deciding the game.

Very entertaining for me :):thumbsu: (even if it was a loss)

note - Falcons D Ravens, and Saints D Falcons were 2 other great games that I loved watching last season. Close, and it took great coaching and play calling to win the games for the respective teams.

I for one love the tactical battles, where 1 big play, or a great coaching call changes the course of the game. A game where you can see a team change their gameplan over and over in the same game to try and get the upper edge.

For example, my favourite game of last season was week 1 - Falcons @ Steelers. Steelers won 15-9 in OT, but both teams had to try and outsmart the other all day, and with the Steelers without the benefit of having Big Ben playing, and 1 big play ended up deciding the game.

note - Falcons D Ravens, and Saints D Falcons were 2 other great games that I loved watching last season. Close, and it took great coaching and play calling to win the games for the respective teams.

Have to agree, this is what got me into NFL and made me a pats fan... this is why my favourite game every year is always manning v brady

Inote - Falcons D Ravens, and Saints D Falcons were 2 other great games that I loved watching last season. Close, and it took great coaching and play calling to win the games for the respective teams.

You forgot about the missed obvious offensive PI calls which decided the game though.

You forgot about the missed obvious offensive PI calls which decided the game though.
go have a whinge elsewhere. This is a thread I made for proper discussion. Go bump the weekly thread if you want to have a conversation on that game still.
I like ones where the Packers blow out #1 seeds on their own dung-heap.
Trolling :rolleyes:

*cue the calls of hypocracy :rolleyes:

Re: What 2010 Games Do You enjoy the most?

Interestingly enough in that season opener, that not only being there but secretly wishing Jeff Reed missed that late FG attempt so OT would evenuate was such a blessing.. :D I thought the whole 'NFL gameday experience' had a AFL GF like- build up to it.. (moreso for Divisional games).

In Week 2, the way the Steelers D mauled the Titans D... being amongst the noisy throng of Steeler fans in a bar in New Jersey just made it more uplifting.. too bad the Steelers could only muster 19 points total after SEVEN turnovers!! Tight 'on the edge' struggles can also be enjoyable if your team comes thru with a WIN cause you know you have to earn it the hard way.

Steelers smashing the much hated Raiders 35-3 was all smiles... comfort zone stuff. Plenty other games spring to mind that leaves you hanging with not only $$$ on the line but much to do with AE IMPACT.

Classic shoot-out MNF OT of the Ravens @ Texans was a ripper. Ravens seemed to be home & hosed (my $$$$ safe) but suddenly the Texans exploded and it was ever so 'edge of your seat' tense city!! Having my $$$ on the bitter-Divisional rival is such a weird & conflicting way to ride any game. You feel so dirty if you win $$$ :eek::eek:

Beating the Ravens in the play-offs was my favourite comeback WIN.. just amazing.

I love division match ups. They're like in-season playoffs. The intensity goes up no matter what position both teams are in. Still remember the Packers-Bears 10-3 game in the last regular season game. Every play was for keeps. Outstanding. They should never increase the season to 18 games and don't tamper with the playoff structure because it would detract from the intensity of these great divisional games.

Mud, rain and wind. Feed the players to the weather, throw away the referees (recipe to any good game) and throw away the playbook. The game is simply decided by who wants to win more. Chaotic weather also means the fairweather fans stay home and only the passionate fans come to the stadium, loud and proud.

So in short

- Chaotic Weather
- No referees
- Minimal Tactics
- Players hungry for victory (Playoffs or playoff implications)
- Passionate Atmosphere

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^ what they said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back