• Sydney

Votes: 44 3.3%
  • West Coast

Votes: 64 4.8%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 5 0.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think there is a play on words here or something. The one good player has gone over my head, to be honest, but I am suspicious kind of word play is happening here but too thick to get it!!
He used the same brilliant analysis in another thread too, you can only hope for his sake that there's more to it..

Think people are forgetting that Forthorn have the GREATEST COACH OF ALL TIME- ALISTAIR CLARKSON

And despite this, they haven't won a final for years- they couldn't even beat ******* MELBOURNE DEMONS at their HOME GROUND in an ELIMINATION FINAL two years ago!!!!! They're recruiting genuine "A GRADE STARS" like Robert Gray, Thomas Scully, Patton, OMEARA... and they still can't make the finals... what does that tell you about the rest of their list?!?!

Take out LEGENDARY SUPERCOACH AL CKARLSON annd those flogs at glenferrie would be winning spoons. Their list is piss.

This is a tough question but for me, it’s St Kilda. I can see the list doing well, but right now I don’t see it tracking for a Premiership. It’s still deficient in major areas like in KPPs and ruck. It’s not all their fault though with what happened with Paddy McCartin.

They have lost Bruce and Steven and have gained Zak Jones and Bradley Hill. Essentially this is how I see it as Acres is not a huge loss but Ryder isn’t what he used to be either. I like the Howard acquisition, but he kinda was in and out of Port Adelaide’s side.

They have a really good coach in Ratten in my opinion so I think that he has the ability to make it work somehow, but it’s probably the list I’d least want as I think it still requires work.
St Kilda has the best developing ruck in Rowan Marshall, although lacking depth.
KPP are also decent forward and back, including the best touted KPP from the 2018 Draft in Max King.

What St Kilda is lacking is midfield depth, even with Jade Greshem and Hunter Clark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still Gold Coast. There's no guarantee any of those guys you listed stay at the club with the way it has been run so far.
I think the assumption from the hypothetical is the players are retained. Gold Coast problem is they have a lot of trouble retaining players, the list itself isn't too bad if the players stick around long term.

The way I see it, the hypothetical is about the club with a list with the least potential to win a premiership in the short, medium or long term.

Though the result of this question could be drastically different in 2 years time. With some smart or dumb trading/drafting a clubs outlook can change quickly. Carlton look like they have a lot of potential, but what if the players with potential don't live up to it over the next two years? What if Adelaide has a very successful trading/drafting period? A club like Richmond's chances look great now, but in two years time Richmond's core players will be retired or close to retiring.

Last edited:
Surprised there’s so many votes for Adelaide’s list tbh. They won’t be challenging any time soon, but their 25 and under team holds up really well and they’ve got seriously good talent in all parts of the ground. The Crouch brothers aren’t old either.
I'd say it's because we've traded a lot of senior players and we're in a rebuilding stage with many of our kids being unproven. This is due to our shithouse selection policy of refusing to try kids and, instead, gifting games to the likes of Douglas and Jacobs who were cooked. I'm not expecting much from us this year but I think we have some talent gong forward. It's long overdue but at least there's some change at the club now.

Power going under the radar

their youth is overrated due to that draft class of rozee etc but there’s not much depth
Their list management over the last 5 years has been diabolical. They traded in a number of mature-aged players while sacrificing picks in the 2014, 2015 and 2017 drafts. They brought in Ryder in 2014 as a missing piece as a good ruck was one thing they lacked, Dixon in 2015 as a Schulz replacement in the hope they would recapture their 2014 form in 2016 and then Watts, Motlop and Rockliff in 2017 after narrowly missing top 4 after H&A. All of them with the exception of Ryder, have not lived up to their billing. Just as well they nailed the 2018 draft with Rozee, Durrsma and Butters otherwise they would be in real strife IMO, especially with non-existent KPP depth (since trading Howard and Frampton) and the likes of Gray, Westhoff and Boak being on the wrong side of 30. Gray already started to show some signs of slowing down last year and, despite Boak having a career renaissance, he could slow down any time now. I'm probably sounding biased but I've spoken with some Port mates who are immensely annoyed with how the club is being run.

In light of all of that, I gave my vote to Essendon. Like Port, they trade for mature-aged players in the hope to get somewhere but they seem to be perpetually in no-man's land with no-one seemingly coming through the ranks.

North. Terrible youth and their best players don’t have much longer left.

Think people are forgetting that Forthorn have the GREATEST COACH OF ALL TIME- ALISTAIR CLARKSON

And despite this, they haven't won a final for years- they couldn't even beat ******* MELBOURNE DEMONS at their HOME GROUND in an ELIMINATION FINAL two years ago!!!!! They're recruiting genuine "A GRADE STARS" like Robert Gray, Thomas Scully, Patton, OMEARA... and they still can't make the finals... what does that tell you about the rest of their list?!?!

Take out LEGENDARY SUPERCOACH AL CKARLSON annd those flogs at glenferrie would be winning spoons. Their list is piss.
Report to mods urgently. Jobe has hacked your account.

This is a tough question but for me, it’s St Kilda. I can see the list doing well, but right now I don’t see it tracking for a Premiership. It’s still deficient in major areas like in KPPs and ruck. It’s not all their fault though with what happened with Paddy McCartin.

They have lost Bruce and Steven and have gained Zak Jones and Bradley Hill. Essentially this is how I see it as Acres is not a huge loss but Ryder isn’t what he used to be either. I like the Howard acquisition, but he kinda was in and out of Port Adelaide’s side.

They have a really good coach in Ratten in my opinion so I think that he has the ability to make it work somehow, but it’s probably the list I’d least want as I think it still requires work.
I would have thought a long-term spine of

Howard
Battle
Marshall
Membrey
King

(all 25yo or younger)

with Carlisle and Ryder as well in the short term was likely to be about the least of our problems!

Back