Prediction Who finishes highest out of Tigers, Cats, Giants, Eagles & Lions in 2020

Who finishes highest out of

• Tigers

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • Cats

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Giants

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • Eagles

Votes: 56 36.4%
  • Lions

Votes: 9 5.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

the implication of that is that somehow it’s unfair and that we struggle away from there.
Every team goes worse away from their home ground than they do away. Why are we singled out?
I havent said youve struggled elsewhere, Ive said its quite a unique home ground advantage that you are almost impossible to beat there and my predicition is it will prop up a few wins next year and inflate the ladder position. Its a prediction based on observations of their record there for a decade.

and here come the over sensitive eagles supporters. I'd have expected more vitriol , but I suppose the element of truth ( my version of ) makes it difficult for you.
West coast living rent free in your head, they're in your profile picture, sig, and you feel the need to post clearly silly opinions about them hoping to cop vitriol back. How embarrassing.

West coast living rent free in your head, they're in your profile picture, sig, and you feel the need to post clearly silly opinions about them hoping to cop vitriol back. How embarrassing.

Embarrassing? I’d say your guns finals effort in 2019 was what is embarrassing.

I think it’s I who are your head , as your stalking proves .

Go change your club song .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

To West Coast and Tiger supporters. For the love of god, please stop this bullshit. We both back in our sides, so lets not slag off the other side just for the sake of it. I am stoked we have this supporter rivalry on BF and i hope it continues for years BUT the way BOTH sides are behaving, it makes all of us look like idiots.

Maybe have a thread for WC and tiger posters flying the flag ? All i know its now swarming across all threads now lol

GWS and Collingwood have come closer to winning a flag than Geelong in the past eight years.

The average age of the West Coast squad is even less than 2017. We'll be fine this year.
Tim Kelly should improve West Coast's already strong midfield just a tad.

Sydney made 2 Grand Finals and faded away. Very bad measuring stick. The difference with Geelong is if you'd want to bet anyone will make top 4 (or even top 2) it will be us. It's only 2 or 3 games we'll win them all eventually.
Joel Selwood and Gary Ablett aren't getting any younger, and Dangerfield can't do all the hard work in the midfield. I don't give Geelong any chance this year.

Remarkable Richmond, not a team of champions, but a champion team. Perhaps in two years time we might
have to say the greatest team of our time, the greatest team of all time. So much talent they should have
two teams in the competition because they have enough fans to support two teams.
Carlton will beat them by 10 goals in round 1.

At the end of the H&A season from this group:

1. West Coast. They have the least possessions per goal in the competition. With Kelly, their possessions are likely going to increase and I expect this to mean more goals so I have them first.

2. Richmond. Another efficient team in with their possessions in terms of goal conversion. Yes we lost Rance, but I think our forward line + midfield is going to look better this year. We had quite a few injuries last year and a few important players not having a full preseason.

3. Geelong. Yet another efficient team with their goal conversion last season. They are still a quality side and have added Jenkins and Steven to their side. Yes, they lost Kelly but they also killed the draft IMO. They should do decently.

4. Brisbane. The loss of Luke Hodge in the playing group anda harder draw may see them slip a little. I am still expecting finals though.

5. GWS. Controversial I know, but I don’t know what the Grand Final loss will do to them because it was bad. They also scraped through the two finals they played before the GF, so they might have been performing above their average performance. I know they were ravaged by injuries, but what recent season were they not?

Joel Selwood and Gary Ablett aren't getting any younger, and Dangerfield can't do all the hard work in the midfield. I don't give Geelong any chance this year.

joel wasn’t much of a factor last year truth be told. Kelly leaving is a way way bigger factor than the ageing of Selwood and Ablett.

side note - and I obviously understand the value of superstar players and the fact that as their age gets higher their influence wanes - but since when does that stop the younger players from getting better?

if 6 kids 21-22 have another season under their belt, do you really think the slight drop off from ONE older player won’t be compensated?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well we set up top spot extremely early by beating Collingwood, Hawthorn, Essendon and Richmond at the G
Adelaide in Adelaide and north at marvel.
Our only loss happened to be at home before the bye than we put the cue in the rack.

I challenge anyone to find a home result from last year that would’ve been any different if it were away.

The 40 point win against bulldogs in round 9 maybe?

Seriously play every game away from Geelong last year and see where we end up. I want to know what you’re changing.
Go through those home games and see if you can reverse any of them.
Crows, swans, eagles the north game maybe? But don’t forget we beat them all away from Geelong also.

Dees, saints, blues victories any of them likely to be different? Saints got within 5 goals. Reverse that?

Change the location of the eagles match and that result is changed.

Last time the away team won in a Geelong v west coast match was 2013.

5. GWS. Controversial I know, but I don’t know what the Grand Final loss will do to them because it was bad. They also scraped through the two finals they played before the GF, so they might have been performing above their average performance. I know they were ravaged by injuries, but what recent season were they not?

GWS in 5 isn't that controversial as they finished 6th after the home and away season last year. Many teams that were belted in GFs also struggled the following year. They should make finals but finishing outside the top 4 won't surprise me.

Change the location of the eagles match and that result is changed.

Last time the away team won in a Geelong v west coast match was 2013.

Lol the eagles game?
We flogged you at the G.

mate are you saying we shouldn’t play our home games in our home state anymore?

f*** me dead I am literally in a mental health facility at the moment and no one in here with me is that absurd

1. West Coast. They have the least possessions per goal in the competition. With Kelly, their possessions are likely going to increase and I expect this to mean more goals so I have them first.

2. Richmond. Another efficient team in with their possessions in terms of goal conversion. Yes we lost Rance, but I think our forward line + midfield is going to look better this year. We had quite a few injuries last year and a few important players not having a full preseason.

3. Geelong. Yet another efficient team with their goal conversion last season. They are still a quality side and have added Jenkins and Steven to their side. Yes, they lost Kelly but they also killed the draft IMO. They should do decently.

4. Brisbane. The loss of Luke Hodge in the playing group anda harder draw may see them slip a little. I am still expecting finals though.

Giants scraped through thanks to a throw in the last minute

joel wasn’t much of a factor last year truth be told. Kelly leaving is a way way bigger factor than the ageing of Selwood and Ablett.

side note - and I obviously understand the value of superstar players and the fact that as their age gets higher their influence wanes - but since when does that stop the younger players from getting better?

if 6 kids 21-22 have another season under their belt, do you really think the slight drop off from ONE older player won’t be compensated?
The younger players will no doubt get better with experience, but players like GAJ, Kelly, and Selwood aren't easily replaceable. This may come back to bite me in the ass, but I think you'll finish somewhere between 6th and 10th this year.

Giants scraped through thanks to a throw in the last minute
I might just stay out of that argument, but nevertheless it still wasn’t a very convincing win. Brisbane had more of the play that day and only lost within the last 5 mins. Hence, I think Brisbane was the better side in that match.

GWS were probably better than Collingwood on the day, but Collingwood were basically going for goal inside their 50 when the siren went. Again, not a convincing win.

Difficult, as always

I have Eagles as #1 cause a fit NicNat and Kelly = major improvement. Last year they were equal best team then just fell apart after losing a very close game to the Tigers. No idea why that happened, but I'm hoping for a 2020 repeat.

Tigers very close second. Should be better than 2019 with less injuries and a deeper squad.

Giants are capable of being the best, easily. But they have to translate the ability to grind out ugly wins into a consistent playing style. If they can do that they'll win in 2020. If they stay a bit too 'perfect' they'll be found out in finals. I know that is half in half out, but that's how I feel. If they learn to step it up to finals style then they'll win their first title.

Cats have lost their best player IMHO. I reckon they will slide due to their stars being older and having lost a lot of class. Still a good shot for top 4 due to the home ground and really solid well drilled team. But I reckon a fragile squad due to age and structure.

Lions 5-8. Will be hunted now and have a harder draw, and be without a genuine all time star organizing their defense. But in 2 years I'd expect them to be balls deep into the premiership.

Not in the OP

Doggies just have to take that next step and they are a genuine show. Love what they are building

Pies need it all to go right. Their amazing midfield makes up for a lot of other weaknesses. If they can consistently control the game through that midfield they could go all the way. But I don't expect that the happen. Some of their prime movers are getting on and their forward line is better understood by oppositions and more easily stopped. Let's see if Bucks can pull a rabbit from the hat. He's got a team that's 85% premiership, and 15% not there at all. Doesn't take much for it all to go right.
There were a few games last year that WCE let themselves and the fans down - got a bit ahead of themselves at times I would think which was their undoing. Hoping they will have learnt and a better and a more consistent 2020 to come?

To West Coast and Tiger supporters. For the love of god, please stop this bullshit. We both back in our sides, so lets not slag off the other side just for the sake of it. I am stoked we have this supporter rivalry on BF and i hope it continues for years BUT the way BOTH sides are behaving, it makes all of us look like idiots.

Maybe have a thread for WC and tiger posters flying the flag ? All i know its now swarming across all threads now lol
Sorry ate , ill never stop. Too much crpola form too many over the past few years . It wa sok to pile is sweet .

Sorry mate Ill never stop . Took too many years of crapola from these sorts over the years , gong as hard and fair as the rules say I can. If they want to baNG ON with dumb statements Ill jump ,EVERY TIME.

Agreed, i think if they are injury free in 2020 they will give it a real shake. The enthusiasm from the injured players coming back will help heal the GF loss.

There were a few games last year that WCE let themselves and the fans down - got a bit ahead of themselves at times I would think which was their undoing. Hoping they will have learnt and a better and a more consistent 2020 to come?

I seriously hope not. Too much talent to be in form come the pointy end of the season. :p

Back