Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

PieLebo87

Hall of Famer
Veteran A Star Wars Fan 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur
Sep 14, 2005
Mainly here so we can enjoy the LOLs afterwards at the end of 2023, but also an interesting discussion point.

I’m in genuine two minds and can’t call it, but who do you see finishing higher in 2023?

Who is positioned better from a list/team perspective?

Let the games begin…

Mod Note: This is a thread for BANTER and giving and taking a bit of the mickey. Enter at your own risk!
However this does NOT mean name calling, personal abuse, injury trolling, swearing or gifs/memes with swear words in them. Keep it clean and above the belt.
Thank you.

We beat strong teams

Carlton fell over the line against two 0-3 teams.

And have another 0-2 battler tomorrow.

Anything but 3-0 would have been alarm bells with that kind of start.
In 2023 you won 6 matches by 14pts or less against teams that didn't make the 8...
  • Richmond by 14
  • Essendon by 13
  • Adelaide by 1
  • Adelaide by 2
  • Western Bulldogs by 12
  • Geelong by 8

Because it was a ridiculous comment about a team that has looked ordinary all year.

We've seen Collingwood are currently a fair way off the pace of the top couple of teams (GWS and Sydney), and we made them look very average tonight.
Did you watch the first quarter of the Brisbane/Carlton game?

If you watched that and thought that was ordinary football then we have very different definitions of that term.

In 2023 you won 6 matches by 14pts or less against teams that didn't make the 8...
  • Richmond by 14
  • Essendon by 13
  • Adelaide by 1
  • Adelaide by 2
  • Western Bulldogs by 12
  • Geelong by 8
Most during the middle of the year when the Magpies had set up camp at the top of the ladder with a phat percentage. The Blues are throwing everything out there and just falling over the line

Because it was a ridiculous comment about a team that has looked ordinary all year.

We've seen Collingwood are currently a fair way off the pace of the top couple of teams (GWS and Sydney), and we made them look very average tonight.
Brisbane made themselves look very average.

They didn’t need Collingwoods help.

• Richmond by 14
  • Essendon by 13
  • Adelaide by 1
  • Adelaide by 2
  • Western Bulldogs by 12
  • Geelong by 8
14 points or less...LOL

Bagger fans starting to realise their 2024 form is mediocre.

Brisbane are cooked and Richmond are a bottom 4 lock.

I rated North's first quarter against Freo last week pretty highly too.

Doesn't mean North are a decent footy team though....
I was literally talking about their first quarter only. They got up by 8 goals off of an incredible first quarter. If you agree that it was a great quarter what issue do you have with my post...?

Most during the middle of the year when the Magpies had set up camp at the top of the ladder with a phat percentage. The Blues are throwing everything out there and just falling over the line
Throwing everything out there? In what way have we done that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was literally talking about their first quarter only. They got up by 8 goals off of an incredible first quarter. If you agree that it was a great quarter what issue do you have with my post...?
Most teams in the comp could have kicked 8 goals against Carlton the way they turned up in that first quarter.

We've seen Brisbane ain't travelling that well.

Great that you've got two wins on the board, but time you accepted your opposition haven't exactly been top shelf....

Most teams in the comp could have kicked 8 goals against Carlton the way they turned up in that first quarter.

We've seen Brisbane ain't travelling that well.

Great that you've got two wins on the board, but time you accepted your opposition haven't exactly been top shelf....
We didn't even play that poorly in the first quarter - we had important players out for sure but they were just simply too good early.

Yep, they are average at the moment.

We both got them at the right time.

So suggest you reserve your judgement about Carlton until they start playing some decent teams.
We'll get an idea of Carlton between rounds 6-10 when they play GWS, Geel, Coll, Melb and Sydney

Pies however are BACK, premiership defence belatedly on track

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back