Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mainly here so we can enjoy the LOLs afterwards at the end of 2023, but also an interesting discussion point.

I’m in genuine two minds and can’t call it, but who do you see finishing higher in 2023?

Who is positioned better from a list/team perspective?

Let the games begin…

Mod Note: This is a thread for BANTER and giving and taking a bit of the mickey. Enter at your own risk!
However this does NOT mean name calling, personal abuse, injury trolling, swearing or gifs/memes with swear words in them. Keep it clean and above the belt.
Thank you.

We blew a glorious opportunity to make a statement of intent here, and we've now opened the Pies season right up!

We'll still be there or thereabouts though this year. We'll be a lot better once those injured players come back.

I think that was Collingwood grand final to tell you the truth! The main thing is to be hitting our stride and firing on all cylinders from August onwards.

We just need to keep the top four in our sights until then. We'll get the show back on the road against Melbourne next week.

Its pretty sad that you feel the need to bring up your thoughts on Sam Walsh.
Kid tried his guts out all game and was probably our best. You should be proud of yourself calling him a spud which confirms YOUR "footballing nous at the end of the day"
I'll quote someone from our board with this one mate.

That Pies fan you're talking to there is a quick one.

Intelligence keeps chasing him yet he still manages to elude it.:laughv1:

There's never really been animosity between Cats and Pies supporters despite many close matches including finals. Likely because we both just get on with accepting losses rather than screeching "the best side lost!". Or swapping injury lists and umpiring incident reviews.

A few Carlton posters have tried to do their best Richmond supporter impressions with the cringe worthy chest beating. That'll always be called out, by any supporter base.
Well it's a good job we don't care what other supporters think then buddy!

As that Millwall chant goes nobody likes us we don't care.;)

My mate Peter with a loving message to all the Carlton supporters in this thread 😘

wOsdAnQ.gif
Is it too late for Mrs Daicos to have more kids?

We blew a glorious opportunity to make a statement of intent here, and we've now opened the Pies season right up!

We'll still be there or thereabouts though this year. We'll be a lot better once those injured players come back.

I think that was Collingwood grand final to tell you the truth! The main thing is to be hitting our stride and firing on all cylinders from August onwards.

We just need to keep the top four in our sights until then. We'll get the show back on the road against Melbourne next week.
That was far from our grand Final, we are just warming up, as you discovered last night. When you move on from only having two avenues to goal, then you can join the real class sides like ourselves and Geelong.

That was far from our grand Final, we are just warming up, as you discovered last night. When you move on from only having two avenues to goal, then you can join the real class sides like ourselves and Geelong.
I discovered nothing i didn't already know about Collingwood mate.

Worst flag winning team of the last fifty years. I very much stand by that assessment.;)

Worst flag winning team of the last fifty years. I very much stand by that assessment.;)

Lol your team hasn't sniffed a flag in close to 30 years. Take a seat.

The Pies were top of the ladder all season. And made a prelim the year before.

Or are you referring to how we won it with Billy Frampton at full forward while you guys are yet to win one despite 2 guns up front?

Not sure if it's a coaching issue or the snr players, but how does this happen?

All 6 Carlton players offensive side of that ball - lost them the game.

View attachment 1978545

Not to mention Walsh had touch on Daicos as the ball went up but then got done ball watching and left completely nowhere.

That’s what happens when you rock a Dior mouthguard, you get a little too fancy.

View attachment 1978545
Cerra was in the right position but went in soft and fumbled. Walsh mentally switched off in a critical moment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember it was only two weeks ago when Carlton fans were complaining others fans didn't rate them as a Top 4 side?! They kept saying that we were 'moving goals posts'!

Well, they now know where the goal posts are. Enabled by cynical media who wants to click bait the Carlton contingent, the Blues thought they had a great side. The rest of us knew that Carlton is a full of slow, mentally fragile and unreliable kickers.
At that stage Carlton had won 15 of their last 17 games so that was justified, no?

The last few weeks minus the GWS game we have missed opportunities

Credit to pies and their coaching staff for a rock solid performance but we have the potential to be the best and so therefore must get better

I think the Carlton players need more self belief.

Fly's mumbo jumbo has turned our 5-8 list into premiers, Carltons list has got to be top 4, arguably top 2 so the difference in my eyes is coaching.

Voss has them on the right track, but the players have to decide to believe.

Nothing in tonight to determine the Grand Final, both clubs are non trajectories as well as moments, so we will see.

Fly still the better coach though.
Good call. I think we were building that rock solid belief but have gone back to the pack some. Something was just off last night even when Cottrell kicked the goal to level scores we were lacking energy..

I think that comes from belief, there’s definite belief there, that was built from last year but there’s still that seed of doubt regarding how good we could be..

A Carlton home game just attracted the biggest ever crowd between the 2 clubs for a H&A game.
This probably made sense in your head though.
Apparently you have 100,000 members now. Apparently you're up and about now. Where were they?
Probably saw the writing on the wall after last week and realised it's all just another false dawn.

View attachment 1978545
It was poor positioning, as well as not having touch on most opposition players

Pies changed the tempo after quarter time, and we struggled to get it back on our terms

Plenty of momentum changing opportunities, Pies were just better and cleaner for longer

Back