Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mainly here so we can enjoy the LOLs afterwards at the end of 2023, but also an interesting discussion point.

I’m in genuine two minds and can’t call it, but who do you see finishing higher in 2023?

Who is positioned better from a list/team perspective?

Let the games begin…

Mod Note: This is a thread for BANTER and giving and taking a bit of the mickey. Enter at your own risk!
However this does NOT mean name calling, personal abuse, injury trolling, swearing or gifs/memes with swear words in them. Keep it clean and above the belt.
Thank you.

This coming from the club who claimed they are the best in the comp, up until they played 2 real sides in ourselves and Geelong. You still have to get through the next 2 games and I'd be more concerned about that than the month of the year.
Just checked again and yeah it's still May.

I think that was Collingwood grand final to tell you the truth!
Collingwood play in actual grand finals.

Why the feck would you think a R8 game against a bog average team that we haven't lost a meaningful game to in a quarter of a century would be a grand final?

We just need to keep the top four in our sights until then. We'll get the show back on the road against Melbourne next week.
Yep, Carlton need to finish top4, and it has been a long time between drinks, 2000 when you last were able to.

Really tough run to the bye for Carlton coming up. Of their next 5 the Suns is the easy game.

Imagine how much more dynamic Carlton's forward line would look with Papley, instead of low balling the Swans and moaning about late picks they end up with Fantasia spudding it up.

Now you're attempting to rewrite history

I mean what peanut list manager, would decline multiple picks for Daniher, only to lose him for a solitary pick a year later

Imagine how much more dynamic Carlton's forward line would look with Papley, instead of low balling the Swans and moaning about late picks they end up with Fantasia spudding it up.
I hope this is a joke - the Papley deal would only happen in Daniher moved to Sydney. Daniher got stopped from moving by King Dodo and that ended the Papley talks.

Pappers, then Stengle added at the end of this year - they'd have a great forward line, then. Geelong were similarly two great forwards away from a flag for a while. Cameron and Stengle were essential pieces. Carlton still have time to complete the puzzle but this year it might not be finished.

Why the feck would you think a R8 game against a bog average team that we haven't lost a meaningful game to in a quarter of a century would be a grand final?

Yep, Carlton need to finish top4, and it has been a long time between drinks, 2000 when you last were able to.

Really tough run to the bye for Carlton coming up. Of their next 5 the Suns is the easy game.
Their game style is SO vanilla and predictable

Hit it down to Cripps, kick it to Charlie

So easy to counter

Think we're now talking 11th at best for the turgid Blues

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pappers, then Stengle added at the end of this year - they'd have a great forward line, then. Geelong were similarly two great forwards away from a flag for a while. Cameron and Stengle were essential pieces. Carlton still have time to complete the puzzle but this year it might not be finished.
Exactly, Geelong coughs up the picks for players like Cameron and Henry. 😉

Relying on others only lets you down.

Should of coughed up for Papley and Carlton wouldn't be in this mess of a one dimensional forward line.
What do you mean relying on others? To do a trade for a player you need to "rely" on that club to be willing to trade that player. Sydney were only ever going to look at trading Papley if they got Daniher.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton weren't willing to cough up the picks, a single first rounder for one the best small forwards was insulting.
We offered our first round pick once again deal falling through had nothing to do with us. You should be glad - stopping Carlton getting Papley might be Dodoro's biggest accomplishment as Essendon list manager.

Screenshot_20240504_101856_Chrome.jpg

Pies only beat the bog average team by 6 points in the last minutes of the game, both bog average maybe.

Relying on others only lets you down.

Should of coughed up for Papley and Carlton wouldn't be in this mess of a one dimensional forward line.

Still rewriting history, but we can all do that

If, Dodoro accepted a greater hall of picks for Daniher, perhaps your club may have been more advanced in output since that time

The Papley scenario was 5 years ago, we have had ample time to address the shortfall, we just haven't addressed it well since

Apparently you have 100,000 members now. Apparently you're up and about now. Where were they?
Probably saw the writing on the wall after last week and realised it's all just another false dawn.
Pies have 110k members yet have never had 100k to a home and away game . Go figure. Another silly comment from a pies supporter after a win. I should never be surprised by what I read in here

When McKay kicked into the turnover lane with a few minutes to go, scores level and only a point required I knew the Carlton we know and love hasn't changed at all

Dave Chappelle Reaction GIF

Back