Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mainly here so we can enjoy the LOLs afterwards at the end of 2023, but also an interesting discussion point.

I’m in genuine two minds and can’t call it, but who do you see finishing higher in 2023?

Who is positioned better from a list/team perspective?

Let the games begin…

Mod Note: This is a thread for BANTER and giving and taking a bit of the mickey. Enter at your own risk!
However this does NOT mean name calling, personal abuse, injury trolling, swearing or gifs/memes with swear words in them. Keep it clean and above the belt.
Thank you.

Darcy Moore was huge in the last quarter. Great effort from the skipper.

Collingwood actually had better players missing than Carlton, but carry on
I think we saw yesterday with how poorly we moved the ball out of D50 how important McGovern and Saad are. Desperately need another smaller marking target up forward like a Martin and craving for more tackling pressure inside 50 like a Fogarty (whose tackles always stick). Motlop is our best small forward and would be getting a game over any of the three that played yesterday (especially Fantasia/Durdin).

In the end it's not about the names - it's about where they sit in the depth chart of the team in question.

Last edited:

Collingwood had mental baggage for 50 years. We will be ok the losses will only set us up for success down the track.
I've never felt this mental baggage in my lifetime. For you it is a lived experience. Losses don't lead to success sorry bro.

I think we got Carlton’s best shot last night. In the first quarter it felt like little brother asking the question, ‘are we good enough?’. Big brother let them know that they’re not. I suspect that’s what the blues got out of the game, I think it’ll be downhill from here for Carlton
Didn't we have like 30 inside 50s? If that's our best then we are a bottom 2 team in the comp

will be an interesting case, there will be some comparisons drawn to jack higgins last week but i doubt that he'll have anything to answer for as i don't think owies got concussed (as it stands)
Barass getting pinged comes to mind. He shouldn't have got a week, but did. No concussion there .

The H&A ladder determines the season placing. Currently top8 qualify for finals.

In 2016 Bulldogs finished 7th, Sydney 1st.
In 2023 Carlton finished 5th, Collingwood 1st.

Teams that qualify for finals then compete to be crowned premier.

In 2016 Bulldogs were premiers, they won it from 7th place.

In 2023 Collingwood were premiers, they won it from 1st.

Nobody cares about beaten finalists or re-ordering H&A positions!

Draft picks are given based on after finals ladder so yeah

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we got Carlton’s best shot last night. In the first quarter it felt like little brother asking the question, ‘are we good enough?’. Big brother let them know that they’re not. I suspect that’s what the blues got out of the game, I think it’ll be downhill from here for Carlton
:D

Let's not get carried away. You won by one goal.

We'll work on it and get better, it's only round 8 and 6 pts is bugger all to make up.
88 tackles to 54 is a fair bit to make up, not to mention the inside 50s

Blues are a long way off, too predictable and lacking intensity

Back to the drawing board, need some modern tactics

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app

88 tackles to 54 is a fair bit to make up, not to mention the inside 50s

Blues are a long way off, too predictable and lacking intensity

Back to the drawing board, need some modern tactics

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Pies should've won by more then but they didn't, our 3 losses have been by 2-13 and 6 points, if we are a long way off then we can fix it.

I don’t think you got anywhere near our best but what alarmed me was the way you took our game away from us

We put 100+ on Geelong the week prior, dominated territory and i50’s

In the same way we took your game away from you late last season while we out significant outs.. you took our game away from us with your own significant outs this time

I know it was a close, fun game but there are concerns for me

I can accept the Pies are good and that we probably don’t challenge for the premiership this season, but it is frustrating

McCrae continued to flog Voss in the coaching box every time we play the Pies.

There is a gulf between the two as coaches.

It was so obvious last night that McCrae was flogging him.

Not only do the Pies have an actual system and genuine idea about ball movement but they also worked out a way to completely nullify the Blues in the middle.

Then made the game ugly down back when it came in our forward line and knew they could burn us at ground level.

Incredibly alarming to watch as a Blues fan.

Back