Will we see a fire sale at Hawthorn?

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond received that exact same pick for Brett Deledio, who is both older and significantly less decorated than Cyril. If Richmond make finals this year they'll be doing whatever they can to keep that form going. If GWS 1st is worth worth Brett Deledio, it's easily worth Cyril Rioli.

Lol, Deledio is more decorated than Cyril apart from premierships!!

Cyril is great to watch, terrific entertainment, but Deledio was far more consistent!!

'The best part is with Rioli, Castagna, Butler, we hardly need him at the moment and can chase bigger guns!!

Disagree - a 4 time premiership player who has proven himself in grand final stage is far higher commodity than the list you've put up here. Cyril will be head n shoulders above a few in your forward line.

If GWS lose Smith then they may chase someone like Cyril. Somebody like Hopper or Kennedy could be chased by Hawthorn.
beb876db5cad22b1992818a06ebc18bf.gif

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

No first rounder, late second rounder. Lots of players with value, even if they are legends. Cyril, Smith, Gunston, Breust all would have value off the top of my head.

Gunston has value - what do the rest have to offer?

from an outsider's perspective the mid and younger aged players don't seem to gave huge value.

from a hawks perspective who would you let go for a fair value atbthe 16-30 range?
I suppose Vickery is pushing it? ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They can be interested all they want.

Most of the ones we want stay.

And no. Ì seriously doubt we would want Cyril. He doesnt fill a need.

You could lose two forwards in Johnson and Smith this year he would improve your side easily.
"Most" yes but you are still losing players you want to keep and that will continue. North, Carlton or St Kilda will shake one or two lose this year with the amount af money they'll throw at your players

Disagree - a 4 time premiership player who has proven himself in grand final stage is far higher commodity than the list you've put up here. Cyril will be head n shoulders above a few in your forward line.

Actually, going forward I would rate Daniel above Cyril based on projected output going forward taking ages and upside into account. Butler and Castagna are still developing but at value they are better than Cyril IMO.

Eg. its hard to get Fyfe equivalents when Cyril is on the list!!

Gunston is the one the Hawks should put up if they go down this route. Purely because you'd be confident that someone like Burton can be developed in that role. Sicily can also take a grab so he can take some of the slack leftover as well.

Cyril won't go, Breust just resigned a long term offer and Hawthorn can't lose anymore outside run so Smith won't be put up either.

Gunstons got the value so he should be put up for trade.

You could lose two forwards in Johnson and Smith this year he would improve your side easily.
"Most" yes but you are still losing players you want to keep and that will continue. North, Carlton or St Kilda will shake one or two lose this year with the amount af money they'll throw at your players

I dont think he would.

We will lose maybe 1 starter and a couple on the fringe.

Nothing to hit panic stations about.

Hawks will need a 1st rounder to hand over if they want to trade.
3 years of Cyril isnt worth one of our young stars.

I dont think he would.

We will lose maybe 1 starter and a couple on the fringe.

Nothing to hit panic stations about.

Hawks will need a 1st rounder to hand over if they want to trade.
3 years of Cyril isnt worth one of our young stars.

tbh thought the same last year about the trade you did with the tiges.

Personally still think our list would welcome Bruest as a great fit, and you'd be crazy to turn your nose up at Cyril. I don't think the Hawks should do it now though for two reasons

1. While they rebuild they need to keep putting a credible team on the field in their colours.

2. He is one guy that might be around long enough to be able able to provide continuity and leadership to the next good Hawks list as it develops.

Good points are made keeping these senior players to guide the youth is important, and hawks may want 1st round picks or promising kids.

You wont be getting a good deal if you trade with hawthorn this year. But as hawthorn have shown when your up the top if you trade for quality to fill your holes it pays dividends.

Example Melbourne and someone like ISmith would fit perfectly. If melbourne make finals and want to get that boost into the top 4 he could be worth a late 1st rd pick to them.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sounds like Isaac has the most interest but he is one we desperately need. We lack any type of outside run and losing another one isn't going to help the cause.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back