Traded Jake Carlisle [traded w/ #23 and #44 for #5, #24 and Craig Bird]

Remove this Banner Ad

For starters , the go home 5 .
Now this year Aish ?
Do you really think Brisbane are stupid enough to take a player they already know doesn't want to be there ?
You really are desperate that he doesn't get to Carlton aren't you ...
For starters, he's a gun key defender and Brisbane won't care. You remember what Goose Maguire did? He nominated Carlton but went to Brisbane. I'm not the one that's obsessed. Look at your posting history in this thread for obsession.

For starters, he's a gun key defender and Brisbane won't care. You remember what Goose Maguire did? He nominated Carlton but went to Brisbane. I'm not the one that's obsessed. Look at your posting history in this thread for obsession.

It's amusing watching you guys clutch at straws .
If you keep leading with your chin , i guess I'm duty bound to keep hitting it ...

If Carlisle nominates Carlton , Brisbane wouldn't touch him .
They would be the laughing stock of the competition and atm you blokes have a mortgage on that title ...
You have no idea what Carlisle wants and we were already laughed at by clubs with the go home 5. You just want a free hit at a player who you don't want to trade for crying pre-season draft wont stop Brisbane from taking him for nothing if it comes to that.

You have no idea what Carlisle wants and we were already laughed at by clubs with the go home 5. You just want a free hit at a player who you don't want to trade for crying pre-season draft wont stop Brisbane from taking him for nothing if it comes to that.

It is Carlton at the end of the day they are always known to be dodgy when they recruit players I mean you only had to look at how they got Judd.

Maguire didn't nominate Carlton at all. He trained with us and were thinking of picking him up in the PSD.
Brisbane beat us to the punch and got him in the ND.

None of us know what Carlisle wants , that's been stated .
Of course i want a free hit in the PSD
Glad that's sorted ...

It's amusing watching you guys clutch at straws .
If you keep leading with your chin , i guess I'm duty bound to keep hitting it ...
This is your posting history in this thread:

That's the KPDers sorted .
Sorry to say LC , but i think your boy may be traded and the pick gained used to help sort the KPF area ...

And so he was ... ;)

Under normal circumstances a deal gets done .
Unfortunately for efc , this is a very different case .
Why would any club take an unnecessary risk when they don't have too ?
As long as efc supporters keep denying the realities of the situation , they must continue to be stated ...
Personal attacks won't change the facts and are water off a ducks back ,better served aiming the anger at those within your club responsible for allowing this situation to exist .

So would most clubs , that's his worth under normal circumstances .

Footscray are out .

I believe the WADA business won't be decided in time for the trade period ...

If Carlisle nominates Carlton and efc don't want to face the prospect of the PSD , they may well have to consider Ellard or Watson as a trade ... maybe both if they think that they might need players going forward .

Draft picks won't be in play , Carlton are in rebuild and the picks will be taken to the draft .

Footscray and Port traded in the knowledge that the matter was being "presided" over by the AFL tribunal . ;)
Now that it's out of the AFL's hands it's an entirely different story , as witnessed by Peter Gordon's reaction .
Picks are not in play .
If Carlisle nominates Carlton , they are holding a royal flush .
It would be a case of accept our offer or the PSD .

Of course the realities of the situation are unpalatable for efc supporters but none the less , they are very real .
If the positions were reversed , i wonder what stance the efc fans or for that matter any teams fans would take .
It's a one off situation and will be fascinating to watch unfold ...

Well Jake , you have a lengthy ban hanging over your head .
We are happy to offer you a generous contract and efc will be compensated .
Of course , under the circumstances , the compensation won't be what it normally would and I'm sure you understand that .
Looking forward to seeing you at pre season training mate and by the way , would number 10 suit you ??

Chip currently on radio saying that at best November/December but the Dank situation could well force it into a fourth year ...

An interesting post this afternoon on the Carlton board from a visiting Dogs poster .
And i quote ,

"Interesting one of our posters with v good mail said a month or two ago that Carlisle wanted out and wants Carlton precisely because of the PSD leverage .
Apparently Carlisle doesn't want the fuss of a protracted trade"
"I'd guess Jake is headed your way"

Could it be that after 3 years of the saga , Carlisle has just had enough .
He wants to go to Carlton , is happy with the terms , and after witnessing the drawn out Ryder trade , wants a quick and simple resolution .
The Carlton via the PSD option might just tick all the boxes for him and finally provide some certainty and stability in his career going forward .

Why ?? There's no need ...
Carlton's first pick for Weitering who along with Carlisle will secure our KPDers going forward .

We'll pick him up anyway without gifting efc Weitering .
Dodoro is a big boy , im sure he'll manage without our help :D

Carlton in rebuild won't be risking draft picks , even more so now with possible WADA developments .
If Carlisle nominates Carlton ... well i guess we'll just have to wait and see .

Our first rounder would have Weitering's name on it , our second rounder may well have Aish's name on it .
Rice and Silvagni with later picks .
All these guys are guaranteed to be available to play in round one next year .
There is no such guarantee with Carlisle .
So if Carlisle nominates Carlton , ???
Player's like Henderson and Yarran wouldn't be going to efc under the ongoing circumstances .
So that leaves the likes of Watson , Ellard etc or ... the PSD .

I'm sorry , but it ABSOLUTELY adds up in your current situation ...

Ok that's good , you understand the realities of the situation .
You are right , why would we take the risk in trading for Carlisle when we have absolutely no need too .
It's definitely a unique situation and only one club was ever going to have the chance of bringing Carlisle on board risk free .
Right time right place you might say ;)

If there was a way for a player to get to where he wants to go without a drawn out trade scenario , it might very well be the option of choice after 3 years of uncertainty in this ongoing saga ...

Ryder was contracted , Carlisle is not ...

Oh , and now the case is out of the AFL's hands , pretty sure any club would be very hesitant to risk trading their draft picks ...

If Carlisle nominates Carlton , efc bring a feather duster to a gunfight !!
Matthew Watson , i believe , is a nephew of Steve Allessio ??
Food for thought ...

Except the fact that Sydney is not in Melbourne ...

It's suggested that Carlisle wants to stay in Melbourne .
Sydney's draft picks will be for Heeney .
No current Sydney player would go to efc under the ongoing circumstances .

If they are banned and are not paid while sidelined , one can definitely see a big class action landing on efc's desk ...

The first question while the ongoing saga continues will always be , does any player bar a bashed up veteran looking for a superannuation hit want to go to the efc ?

The evidence since the saga broke suggests not ...

Well if that trade happened CFC would need to recruit 50k new members .
If Carlisle nominates Carlton , that trade is just fanciful .

Without going over old ground ,
If the out of contract Carlisle nominates Carlton , you will be lucky to get peanuts .
Carlton would have no need to take any risk and trade ...

I'm sure you would .
But that's a matter for your members to take up with those within your club responsible for allowing this situation to exist .

If as you say , Carlisle nominates Carlton , Brisbane of all clubs wouldn't touch him .
They know all too well the folly of having players at your club that don't want to be there .

We've been through all the scenarios previously in this thread matey .
Let's just wait and see if Carlisle decides to leave , who he nominates , and how it unfolds .
All we know for certain is he is out of contract and is facing a lengthy ban .
Not a pretty picture which ever way you slice it for the efc ...

For starters , the go home 5 .
Now this year Aish ?
Do you really think Brisbane are stupid enough to take a player they already know doesn't want to be there ?
You really are desperate that he doesn't get to Carlton aren't you ...

Well so far Crameri and Ryder think it makes a difference ...

Some may just have had enough and want out now .
If , when it's all over and they cop lengthy bans , who would want them ?
This all reeks of desperation to get him in the PSD or trade some spud like Matthew Watson to get him.

It's not us leading with our head. You are so delusional that you can only see one possibility happening and anything outside of that you label as delusion. Newsflash: it's not everybody else who's being delusional.

This is your posting history in this thread:

This all reeks of desperation to get him in the PSD or trade some spud like Matthew Watson to get him.

It's not us leading with our head. You are so delusional that you can only see one possibility happening and anything outside of that you label as delusion. Newsflash: it's not everybody else who's being delusional.

Scroll back one post matey .
Of course i want him for free in the PSD and so would you if the boot were on the other foot .
efc are holding a player out of contract and facing a lengthy ban .
If he decides to leave , whoever he nominates will give you a royal rogering !!

Why on earth would Carlisle go to Carlton? Even if our whole list gets banned for two years, we will still be two years closer to winning a flag than Carlton.
If he leaves, it would be for a team on the rise or to a contender IMO. Unless Carlton offer him $800K plus a season and make the same mistake they did with Daisy.

All of these Carlton fans having a chirp in the yard need to wake up and smell the roses. If Essendon is the least attractive place to be at the moment, Carlton ain't far in front.

Why on earth would Carlisle go to Carlton? Even if our whole list gets banned for two years, we will still be two years closer to winning a flag than Carlton.
If he leaves, it would be for a team on the rise or to a contender IMO. Unless Carlton offer him $800K plus a season and make the same mistake they did with Daisy.

All of these Carlton fans having a chirp in the yard need to wake up and smell the roses. If Essendon is the least attractive place to be at the moment, Carlton ain't far in front.

I'm not even sure if I want Carlisle based on the fact that he really can't kick any better than Casboult, would command way too much $$$, and appears to play without any heart.

Having said that, not all players in the AFL care about premierships and success.. some are all about the $$$. I don't think you can underestimate how much the whole ASADA/WADA business would be taking a tole on the players. It's evident in the recent performances. Turning up to training each day with seemingly the weight of the world on their shoulders would start to effect even the most mentally resilient players. That's reason enough to want to move to a new club, not because he hates Essendon, but for a fresh environment.

The fact that Carlton will have the highest PSD position of all the Victorian teams would give him an easy out because he knows if he nominates Carlton as his preferred destination then he is almost certain to get there. It's a safety valve for him to ensure he gets traded (if indeed he actually does want to be traded, as it's all still nothing more than a rumour at this stage).

Personally, I don't think he will end up at Carlton but you asked why he may want to move there and I simply provided some reasoning.

Brisbane would 100% take him. They'd be the laughing stock if they didn't take him, not the other way around.

I really would be shocked if Brisbane didn't take him in the PSD. He fits our needs perfectly and even if it's a one or two year rental, I suspect we could live with that. Of course there's still a fair chance Carlton finish below us and it becomes academic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not even sure if I want Carlisle based on the fact that he really can't kick any better than Casboult, would command way too much $$$, and appears to play without any heart.

Having said that, not all players in the AFL care about premierships and success.. some are all about the $$$. I don't think you can underestimate how much the whole ASADA/WADA business would be taking a tole on the players. It's evident in the recent performances. Turning up to training each day with seemingly the weight of the world on their shoulders would start to effect even the most mentally resilient players. That's reason enough to want to move to a new club, not because he hates Essendon, but for a fresh environment.

The fact that Carlton will have the highest PSD position of all the Victorian teams would give him an easy out because he knows if he nominates Carlton as his preferred destination then he is almost certain to get there. It's a safety valve for him to ensure he gets traded (if indeed he actually does want to be traded, as it's all still nothing more than a rumour at this stage).

Personally, I don't think he will end up at Carlton but you asked why he may want to move there and I simply provided some reasoning.

Quiet word out of the Carlisle camp is the consideration of leaving Victoria

I really would be shocked if Brisbane didn't take him in the PSD. He fits our needs perfectly and even if it's a one or two year rental, I suspect we could live with that. Of course there's still a fair chance Carlton finish below us and it becomes academic.
Agreed. Fits exactly what Brisbans need. Could we end up with another McGuire positions where he 'nominates' a club but someone else takes him?
Essendon won't let him get into PSD.
Agreed..
We won't let him just walk out

Quiet word out of the Carlisle camp is the consideration of leaving Victoria
This deal is already done.Port Adelaide first round selection with and a swap from Essendon 3rd round selection for Ports 2nd round.Port are one of the very fews clubs that can come to term with our crazy science in trade week.We do and always overate our footballers.Will not play again for Essendon football club.

This deal is already done.Port Adelaide first round selection with and a swap from Essendon 3rd round selection for Ports 2nd round.Port are one of the very fews clubs that can come to term with our crazy science in trade week.We do and always overate our footballers.Will not play again for Essendon football club.

Id like this to happen, but arent port already over their cap? They are hard pressed for coin.

Deals done ?

Isnt Port in a bit of bit of a cap squeeze with Ryder joining them last year.

IUGH
Yes, but he doesn't seem to understand that.
What would you think Ken hinkley will do with that list not making finals.Schulz,Redden,Krak,Butcher,Cornes,S gray,Stewart,Traded or delisted there will be more than enough room,plus another 300 k salary cap.

IUGH

What would you think Ken hinkley will do with that list not making finals.Schulz,Redden,Krak,Butcher,Cornes,S gray,Stewart,Traded or delisted there will be more than enough room,plus another 300 k salary cap.
Schulz leaving for salary cap reasons, and would be asking for less than Carlisle. Krakouer, Gray and Stewart are all on the rookie list, IIRC that means that they don't count towards the cap. That leaves Redden and Butcher, who would lucky to be on 300k between them. There will 100% not be enough room to fit him inside the cap.

Schulz leaving for salary cap reasons, and would be asking for less than Carlisle. Krakouer, Gray and Stewart are all on the rookie list, IIRC that means that they don't count towards the cap. That leaves Redden and Butcher, who would lucky to be on 300k between them. There will 100% not be enough room to fit him inside the cap.
I know its hard to imagine but Butcher is on more than Schulz.Butcher when Carlton were in to him were around 2.2 mill but Butcher declined and stayed at Port for around 450k a year on a 3 or 4 year deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back