Traded Jake Carlisle [traded w/ #23 and #44 for #5, #24 and Craig Bird]

Remove this Banner Ad

Kristian Jaksch, 194cm
20 years old and first rounder when drafted

Jake Carlisle, 198cm
23 years old, Jake has established himself more but Kritsian younger and still developing

Only one suggestion

gillo old chum ,
Do you moonlight as mother Theresa in your spare time ?
Jaksch is contracted and very much a cornerstone of the CFC rebuild .
Matthew Watson on the other hand ...

Don't think that one would go through. Jaksch was picked up only 12 months back with Whiley & Boekhorst for pick 7 and can't get a game in your team. I'd back our recruiters in on a draft pick over him.

The players from Carlton I'd want in a straight swap for Jake would be untradeable on your end. Cripps would do but you wouldn't. Menzel maybe. Past that they don't fit the age profile we'd want (Gibbs/Murphy) or the talent level we'd want.

Id do Gibbs for Carlisle but you don't need a mid, you need talls.
You should consider Jaksch and Matthew Watson. Watson kicked 4 last year against Bombers. I think would be very fair

gillo old chum ,

Blues rebuild will depend on a lot of things. Kristian I just see as being a good players, can't see him being great and I don't see Jake as any different. Neither are elite

Our rebuild will consist on bringing in and developing elite talent that why I don't consider this trade such a big deal.

Id do Gibbs for Carlisle but you don't need a mid, you need talls.
You should consider Jaksch and Matthew Watson. Watson kicked 4 last year against Bombers. I think would be very fair
As mentioned above, I don't think you'd trade Jaksch 12 months after bringing him in, nor would I think he's a good swap for Carlisle.

I realise Watson kicked 4 against us last year but that's pretty much the only thing he's ever done and we've been exceptional at having rubbish forwards have career days against us. Casboult kicked a goal against us on the run from 50 against the boundary in the wrong pocket for a right footer for instance.

Again, if the choice is waste a list spot with Watson or let Jake walk for free I'd be getting other clubs involved and AFL mediation and settling for your 2nd round draft pick.

As mentioned above, I don't think you'd trade Jaksch 12 months after bringing him in, nor would I think he's a good swap for Carlisle.

I realise Watson kicked 4 against us last year but that's pretty much the only thing he's ever done and we've been exceptional at having rubbish forwards have career days against us. Casboult kicked a goal against us on the run from 50 against the boundary in the wrong pocket for a right footer for instance.

Again, if the choice is waste a list spot with Watson or let Jake walk for free I'd be getting other clubs involved and AFL mediation and settling for your 2nd round draft pick.

I don't want to trade Kristian at all. I'm still waiting to see what he has to offer and I think will see it in 2016.

I was just making more so the point that Essendon need an immediate replacement as Fletcher will retire you will only have Hooker, Daniher and Hurley as your only talls and if one gets injured then will make things hard for you

If Jake nominates CFC and Blues offer up 2nd round doubt Bombers would be happy with that. I think you would take Jaksch over a 2nd round. If end outcome is CFC just giving up pick 20 for Jake then we will come out laughing

You can bet that if Carlisle/Dixon walks to the PSD, the PSD won't be there for the following season.

I don't want to trade Kristian at all. I'm still waiting to see what he has to offer and I think will see it in 2016.

I was just making more so the point that Essendon need an immediate replacement as Fletcher will retire you will only have Hooker, Daniher and Hurley as your only talls and if one gets injured then will make things hard for you

If Jake nominates CFC and Blues offer up 2nd round doubt Bombers would be happy with that. I think you would take Jaksch over a 2nd round. If end outcome is CFC just giving up pick 20 for Jake then we will come out laughing
Aboslutely agree that tall depth is something we've struggled with, mainly due to Ryder leaving and Pears' continual injuries. The issue we have is if Jake stays we have 4 players who'd all have claims to being the best tall at a number of clubs but it's a bit unbalanced. 4 potential A-graders but nothing behind them is good if they're fit but if they go down, you're stuffed and other clubs have a more even spread 6-7 b-graders

I'm not saying we'd be happy with that, nor am I saying that's what he's worth. 20 & Jaksch is closer to value but I'd suggest that won't even be offered by Carlton.

I'd suggest we'll try and get Mitch Brown/Michael Hartley from the VFL (top ups for us in NAB this year) and some kids. Keep Gwilt as 3rd tall depth. McKernan as a backup forward/ruck and hopefully a fit Bellchambers or a mature ruck (Luey/Smith have been linked). Langford/Laverde/Ambrose can rotate as 3rd tall fwds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know but EFC will be trying to orchestrate a trade during trade period and the AFL mediation can be called in.

I get it though. You've got your heart set on getting him for free which is understandable given his current club and the dearth of quality KPP's at Carlton.
Mediation can't make anyone do anything. If Carlisle really wants to go Carlton, he'll get there.

You can bet that if Carlisle/Dixon walks to the PSD, the PSD won't be there for the following season.
Why? The AFL need it so they aren't restricting someone's ability to move clubs. The draft can do that but it would not solve the issue of clubs losing players for nothing and the PSD gives the bottom sides more bargaining power at trade time, when most are undesirable as destinations due to their win/loss record.

Tippett moved via the PSD to the premiership winners. That is by far worse than a couple of other KPP, probably worth a tiny bit less at the time moving to the bottom ranked teams.

gillo old chum ,
Watson would not be a bad swap. First round draft pick, went for Essendon as a kid... just putting it out there... Imagine *FC with Two Watsons:eek:

Why? The AFL need it so they aren't restricting someone's ability to move clubs. The draft can do that but it would not solve the issue of clubs losing players for nothing and the PSD gives the bottom sides more bargaining power at trade time, when most are undesirable as destinations due to their win/loss record.

Tippett moved via the PSD to the premiership winners. That is by far worse than a couple of other KPP, probably worth a tiny bit less at the time moving to the bottom ranked teams.
We've all seen how the AFL manipulates the rules to force their view on what they want for a club - e.g. Sydney's trade restrictions, Swan's COLA yet Brisbane doesn't. GWS COLA, yet Gold Coast doesn't get one, etc.

If Dixon in particular were to leave the Suns via the PSD, you can get your house that the AFL will step in to protect their precious Suns from being ****ed over, then implement some random arbitrary rule only applicable to one club rather than a blanket rule for all.

I've always thought that players have far too much control while under contract, and a player who isn't a free agent refusing to sign a new deal, only to go to the PSD to get picked up by a club of their choice is total BS. The AFL needs to do something about it. That, and players demanding a trade to a particular club (e.g. Beams, Griffen) while under contract.

If Jake picks Carlton, which player for player trade would work?

Feel free to suggest someone.
Possible multi-player deal if EFC get busted by WADA, as they will want a lot of players. CFC need to clean out the dead wood to allow new players to come through, so guys like Walker, Watson, Jones, Ellard, Rowe, Jamo, Army, and Warnock are possibles as they will get less senior time ahead of the kids next year. Some fan favourites there though.

Possible multi-player deal if EFC get busted by WADA, as they will want a lot of players. CFC need to clean out the dead wood to allow new players to come through, so guys like Walker, Watson, Jones, Ellard, Rowe, Jamo, Army, and Warnock are possibles as they will get less senior time ahead of the kids next year. Some fan favourites there though.
Fair enough. EFC are working on the basis they don't "get busted by WADA" and even if they do, they could do better than most of those players through state leagues. Walker had currency, now has minimal and isn't a guy you'd build a side around anyway. Watson's worth nothing. Jones still has another 2 years on his CFC contract. Ellard is not AFL standard, barely VFL standard. Rowe's a good story but not much of a footballer. Jamo's cooked. Armfield's claim to fame is running fast without knowing what he's doing and being the MMM lovechild because his name's Dennis and he has a moustache. Warnock's an example of what's been wrong with Carlton's trading/list management for the last 20 years, overpayed for him and he's never delivered.

We've all seen how the AFL manipulates the rules to force their view on what they want for a club - e.g. Sydney's trade restrictions, Swan's COLA yet Brisbane doesn't. GWS COLA, yet Gold Coast doesn't get one, etc.

If Dixon in particular were to leave the Suns via the PSD, you can get your house that the AFL will step in to protect their precious Suns from being stuffed over, then implement some random arbitrary rule only applicable to one club rather than a blanket rule for all.

I've always thought that players have far too much control while under contract, and a player who isn't a free agent refusing to sign a new deal, only to go to the PSD to get picked up by a club of their choice is total BS. The AFL needs to do something about it. That, and players demanding a trade to a particular club (e.g. Beams, Griffen) while under contract.
While a sad reflection of the governing body, this post is entirely accurate. The current AFL administration have a great deal more vested interest and ego in GC than Brisbane and will move to make some arbitrary provision around the Dixon PSD move, if it eventuates.

Mediation can't make anyone do anything. If Carlisle really wants to go Carlton, he'll get there.
Correct, I understand that. Still think it's highly unlikely that Carlisle goes to Carlton via PSD and am amazed that Sam McClure is seen as anything other than a Carlton mouthpiece. Even if they're not in the box seat, there's a strong interest from a Carlton POV in suggesting they are. Promotes them to their fans. Creates unrest at Essendon. Moderately good news story about Carlton (haven't been many of them lately).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back