Traded Jake Carlisle [traded w/ #23 and #44 for #5, #24 and Craig Bird]

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints give you two second round picks that's six picks inside top 25 over two years...why would you ignore it?
That could be 1600 points Saints will be paying overs equivelant to a pick 7 or 8.

No, that is my argument.

And we gain power for future trades and campaigners of managers.
Hey all power to you guys for future trades. I am all for that if it means we get Carlisle for free.

Stay strong. Show the man and walk away from the trade table.

Saints give you two second round picks that's six picks inside top 25 over two years...why would you ignore it?

Hey we will give you our 3rd this year and our 3rd next year for Henderson? Happy

Youll have like 10 picks in the first 3 rounds in the next 2 years. Why would u ignore it?

Yep expected another poor response
We are choosing to pay Carlisle the reported sum because we have the cap space too and are in a position too.

All of our players are being paid in accordance to their worth. They are very well looked after.

Carlisle's contract doesn't even make him the highest paid player. It's also covered by some other list management decisions like veterans payments that we are not making use of.

There is nothing to be gained by over paying players you already have on your list.

Btw steven is on 800k a season....

Hey we will give you our 3rd this year and our 3rd next year for Henderson? Happy

Youll have like 10 picks in the first 3 rounds in the next 2 years. Why would u ignore it?

Were not asking for 1600 points between 1200-1000 points is a fair trade for Hendo.. getting 1600 points for Carlisle is a bonanza.

On the face of this thread, I hope he goes to Carlton in the PSD for nothing. St Kilda lose a 10 year CHB because they didn't want to trade fairly. Good job. It clearly shouldn't come to that because Bains has more of a clue than the punks here.

On the face of this thread, I hope he goes to Carlton in the PSD for nothing. St Kilda lose a 10 year CHB because they didn't want to trade fairly. Good job. It clearly shouldn't come to that because Bains has more of a clue than the punks here.
We will have to see. Where he goes is irrelevant to Essendon and Dodoro. All that matters is what they get for him.

I hope it goes to the PSD. We will be ok.

Delist
Screwed either way

That is why you are not a list manager. If you let emotions get in the way of making the right decision you are probably a crap employee in whatever you do.

Anyway. This is the reality. Essendon know it and Saints know it. Saints chose to delist Ball in 2010 and the AFL community pilloried them for it. So did the supporters.

Essendon won't make the same mistake and Saints will offer no more because they don't need to.

They just have to offer something better than nothing.

You have added so much value to this thread haven't you champ. Love the old Essendon pot shot at any opportunity. How about we let all our players leave and the club folds. Go back to Bondi Vet

No thanks - want Essendon in competition and our 60-80k crowds.

That is why you are not a list manager. If you let emotions get in the way of making the right decision you are probably a crap employee in whatever you do.

Anyway. This is the reality. Essendon know it and Saints know it. Saints chose to delist Ball in 2010 and the AFL community pilloried them for it. So did the supporters.

Essendon won't make the same mistake and Saints will offer no more because they don't need to.

They just have to offer something better than nothing.

You don't have pick 1 in the PSD. You don't have pick before Essendon in PSD. You will lose the player if you don't offer up a trade. Fact. Deal with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm very confident he would still end up a Saint if he went to the PSD.

If that happens its Essendon's worst case scenario

Hey I know how it feels, we had this exact dilemma with Cripps and West Coast

If you don't deal with Dodoro in his mind fairly (pick 5) kiss him good bye Carlisle wont go past pick 1 PSD. So you need to trade to get him.

You don't have pick 1 in the PSD. You don't have pick before Essendon in PSD. You will lose the player if you don't offer up a trade. Fact. Deal with it.

We don't care. If it is Carlisle or Pick 5, most Saints supporters want pick 5. KPDs are not that difficult, gun mids are. Pick 5 likely gets us the 2nd or 3rd best mid in the draft.

We don't care. If it is Carlisle or Pick 5, most Saints supporters want pick 5. KPDs are not that difficult, gun mids are. Pick 5 likely gets us the 2nd or 3rd best mid in the draft.

Doesn't sound like your list manager agrees. No way they let Carlisle hanging out to dry after going this far down the line.

I'm very confident he would still end up a Saint if he went to the PSD.

If that happens its Essendon's worst case scenario

Hey I know how it feels, we had this exact dilemma with Cripps and West Coast

Why are you so confident? If the negotiations got to that point, Essendon would re-draft him to prevent you from getting him. No way he would get past Carlton pick 1 anyway. You have no power if it gets to PSD yet you think you do. No, you don't have pick 1 this year.

Why are you so confident? If the negotiations got to that point, Essendon would re-draft him to prevent you from getting him. No way he would get past Carlton pick 1 anyway. You have no power if it gets to PSD yet you think you do. No, you don't have pick 1 this year.
Carlton don't want to pay what we're offering. Why would they change their minds in the PSD?

Carlton don't want to pay what we're offering. Why would they change their minds in the PSD?

Because they will get him for free. They would have room in their cap to do it and have already shown interest in taking the player. Carlisle is also reportedly happy to go there.

Oh Carlton will - Judd, Carrazzo, Warnock, Henderson, Yarran is freeing up 2 mln of cap... we have plenty to offer.

If you don't deal with Dodoro in his mind fairly (pick 5) kiss him good bye Carlisle wont go past pick 1 PSD. So you need to trade to get him.
Why? I've yet to read anything that suggests another club will match our contract. As part of the PSD the player nominates his contract the club that picks him then needs to take that on.

It's very very rare a player doesn't get to his club of choice. See tippet and GWS

Redraft him wow it really is school holidays

Has that ever happened. Even once?

If Carlton were going to match his contract they would have done so already. I also hope he goes to the PSD to shove it up some of the delusional '"punks" in this thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back