Preview Hawks vs Dogs - Changes and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i reckon muston may keep his spot and try and tag lake and see how the bulldogs react to that. lake will go to buddy and leave whoever mustons man is meant to be loose. but with some smart blocks and shephards it could work. they will use ladson at half forward on harbrow i believe

Buddy will surely be given license to roam again, and I don't see Lake following him high up the ground - so maybe Muston to Lake would at least give him someone to worry about. We won't be able to afford to bomb it long to the under-performing Roughie with Lake there to chop off everything.

Buddy will surely be given license to roam again, and I don't see Lake following him high up the ground - so maybe Muston to Lake would at least give him someone to worry about. We won't be able to afford to bomb it long to the under-performing Roughie with Lake there to chop off everything.

Quite like this. If Buddy does spend a lot of time on the wings and flanks then Musto could try to tag Lake and keep him away from Roughy.

If not, Musto to Gilbee...Either way I think there is some real job security for Musto if he keeps up the good work. Most teams have 1 or 2 really good rebounders for Musto to try and shut down.

Also hope that Buddy continues with his roaming role as he will only get better in general play, better disposal etc. Lake is pretty much a complete unit and a big one at that as he takes many more marks (including contested) than Fletcher as he reads the play so very well and is also a strong rebounder. He also has a much stronger support cast than Fletcher so it may be a big ask for Muston although I would like to see him keep his spot for a great game on Friday and from a future standpoint.

I reckon we'll need to be much more precise with our forward 50 entries than has been the case otherwise, the Bullies will murder us on the rebound and it could get ugly. I would like to see Rough on Lake because he's the natural match up physically and has been playing good defensive footy. Try to keep Lake deep inside our 50 and out of the way but also follow him when he is running out of defence. I must admit watching Rough on Friday he seems to be struggling a bit with his role at times and there is a definate lack of continuity in what he does (which others have commented on). This would at least keep him at full forward as a leading and contested mark focal point. I'd back him in against Lake one on one.

Our forwards will probably need to do more lead-up type forward work, as opposed to the 'towards goal' running they did against the bombers

Last time we played the Dogs we had 1 ruckman, lost gibo 1st term lost Lewis 2nd term, no Young, no Burgoyne, no Skipper, and we were ahead all game till the last 15 minutes.
We are on a high we are in serious good winning form may not be atractive form but winning form, I think we can take them and also the Cats and Lions too.
This break came at the perfict time for us, if Gibo passes all test then we must play him and we must play Peterson too, I think I'm starting to get some serious man love happening for Big Carl.

Last time we played the Dogs we had 1 ruckman, lost gibo 1st term lost Lewis 2nd term, no Young, no Burgoyne, no Skipper, and we were ahead all game till the last 15 minutes.
We are on a high we are in serious good winning form may not be atractive form but winning form, I think we can take them and also the Cats and Lions too.
This break came at the perfict time for us, if Gibo passes all test then we must play him and we must play Peterson too, I think I'm starting to get some serious man love happening for Big Carl.

Forgot how many we had out last time we played them.....and to be ahead till the last 15 mins with those names missing gives me a confidence boost going in to this one.

One question.....I too would like to see Gibbo and Peterson back in the team and don't forget Brown also who is listed as 1-2 weeks away...But who do we drop/rest? IMO picking the outs for the dogs game is harder than picking the ins......The ins are basically givens.....but it's very hard to pick 2 or 3 to drop....

My Ins would be:
Gibson, Brown, Peterson, Hooper.

Outs would be:
Ummmm
Ummmm
Ummmm
Ummmm

No idea, this is very much a huge concern for us, we have never been in this situation what are we going to do? i feel so sad for the ones who will miss out, but in this business you have to follow your brain not your heart..

Leave Carl alone, he's already spoken for.

Missing from the last game we played them:
Skipper, Burgoyne, Muston, Young, Ozzie

Last time we had:
Brown, Gibson, Morton, Moss, Suckling

Look at our ins this time and maybe add either Brown or Gibson or both or even neither, those players above that were missing last time are a huge ins, if we are seriously back as contendors then we must beat those Dogs definately no excuses this time round if we cant beat them..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, well don't we both, I may need professional help though. I keep having that recurring dream where he bursts out of a cake coated with humus and a couple of carefully placed slices of baclava.

Its something about that self assured jaunty trot he has when he is shooting for goal, and that spring healed vertical leap. I think he's been responsible for a few switching sides for the weekend - figuratively speaking.

My Ins would be:
Gibson, Brown, Peterson, Hooper.

Outs would be:
Ummmm
Ummmm
Ummmm
Ummmm

No idea, this is very much a huge concern for us, we have never been in this situation what are we going to do? i feel so sad for the ones who will miss out, but in this business you have to follow your brain not your heart..

Really don't think we'll bring 4 in, especially seeing as 3 of them are coming off month or longer injuries. Would expect to have 2 back in then maybe another 2 the week after. Very good problem to have

Really don't think we'll bring 4 in, especially seeing as 3 of them are coming off month or longer injuries. Would expect to have 2 back in then maybe another 2 the week after. Very good problem to have

Probably agree Hawks43.

We are in a position that we are not required to rush guys back in just to make up numbers; and further to that, we are about to enter a month of footy harder than most finals teams will get in September so we can't afford to have guys: a) underdone; or b) break down again.

I think we will make a change or 2 (unknown who) for structure's sake & bring guys back when they are well & truly ready - which at a hunch won't be vs Footscray.

Wow if i remembed games like you did we would have won all those prelims i swear i saw us lose.

We were ahead at 1/2 time 3/4 time and you got infront at the 2 mins mark of the last by a couple of points. It was very even all day and we got away with it in the last, but you were never infront all game.

Wow if i remembed games like you did we would have won all those prelims i swear i saw us lose.

We were ahead at 1/2 time 3/4 time and you got infront at the 2 mins mark of the last by a couple of points. It was very even all day and we got away with it in the last, but you were never infront all game.
Thought the same thing myself, but upon looking back at the scoring worm it did spend most of the time below the line before the last change. A bit of poetic license maybe, but more accurate than I thought at first.

Hahaha, Carl is my 1st Man crush, i have to keep it quiet or my misses will get jealous..:p

I went to pick my brother up form the Perth airport, and Carl was standing there waiting for his baggage. Wanted to go say thanks for the season so far, but left him alone. Got a bit of a man crush on the lad too. :D:thumbsu:

Out of Gibson, Gilham & Shoe, at least one of them won't play I reckon just due to matchups.

Of the Hall options it comes down to whether we want Gilly primarily negating or Gibbo giving us a bit of dash - I'd be surprised to see Shoe take Hall.

Fair enough i looked back at the scores thought the Hawks were leading, but i was worng, still to be only down by 5 points all game againts the Premiership favourites at the time with No Skipper, Burgoyne, Young, Ozzie lost Gibson 1st quarter lost Lewis 1/2 time, so to stay in touch like we did with you guys with the side we feilded was a pretty good effort and to look at our current team we have now it will make it a lot better and stronger.

Out of Gibson, Gilham & Shoe, at least one of them won't play I reckon just due to matchups.

Of the Hall options it comes down to whether we want Gilly primarily negating or Gibbo giving us a bit of dash - I'd be surprised to see Shoe take Hall.

I'd be amazed if they put Gilham on Hall ahead of Schoey. I don't think Gilham has ever been given Hall.

I'd certainly give Schoey first crack. He's taller, quicker and stronger than Gilham.

I went to pick my brother up form the Perth airport, and Carl was standing there waiting for his baggage. Wanted to go say thanks for the season so far, but left him alone. Got a bit of a man crush on the lad too. :D:thumbsu:

Sorry, I'd be 2-timing Buddy if I started on about Carl...

Interestng to watch the Doggies demolish the souless franchise yesterday...

Hahn playing in the backline (started there and went forward a couple of times)
Lake in the forward line (on and off)
Wood played down back and free'd up Harbrow to play a more mid type role

This in my view is an experiment in versatility, the question we have to ask is whether we are as versatile? coupled with the pace we need to cover the runners like Griffen (who is bloody strong through the core)

I think the Dogs were flat until the last quarter but fatigue can do that..

I think we need to have them concerned by us, not the other way around, if we play reactive we will struggled.....

let it flow Hawkers and we might come out of this one just fine...:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back