Roast How much of the blame lies with Bailey and BP?

Remove this Banner Ad

Our list and the way we go about it is an absolute disgrace. We can all see it and we know it.

How much are Bailey and BP to blame? I don't want to absolve the players of the way they go about it but have a look at the way they have been trained and taught over the last 5 years. You can see it in the habits they have and you can see it in how hard they work. We've had a truck load of picks and you could say only a few would be a success at the minute.

We should be pushing for a finals spot but, instead, we are staring down the barrel of a bottom 4 finish and another long year. It shouldn't be happening but it is. We are being made to pay DEARLY for choosing Bails and allowing BP to be such an amateur head recruiter.

Neeld has so much work in front of him and he probably doesn't even know where to start.

I'd love to be positive and I try my backside off to be but you watch today and you see just how far behind most other clubs we truly are. Where we go from here is anyone's guess.

I'd love to be positive and I try my backside off to be but you watch today and you see just how far behind most other clubs we truly are. Where we go from here is anyone's guess.

And may I ask the likes of SM to take note, positivity is positive

Craig Cameron didnt help in Daniher's years. Those recruits were somewhat shielded by some mildly better players at the time and were even playing good footy under Daniher.

Bailey was a shocking coach who took enormous defeats as 'learning experiences" cant think of any other coach of any other club (save maybe Richmond) tolerating the s**t display for the last 4 years. Recruiting has been abysmal but development of those players under Bailey just as bad. You cant tell me all of Geelong, Sydney, Collingwood's recruits are diamonds but at least they know how to develop them into playing the game.

We have recruited the same lanky soft players persistently Watts, Morton with high draft picks! unfathomable. How can we blame superstars for Judd not wanting to come here and potential ones like Scully not wanting to stay? The club has no idea how to achieve success and looking impartial there's no way you'd want to be involved in our team at the moment

Well we don't have anyone else to blame do we? so i'd say 95% of the blame can be heaped on both BP and DB. thank god BP went to Carlscum they can have fun with his project player picks and woeful decision making.

Well we don't have anyone else to blame do we? so i'd say 95% of the blame can be heaped on both BP and DB. thank god BP went to Carlscum they can have fun with his project player picks and woeful decision making.

It seems trivial for them because they've already assembled a good list. We're left in tatters

I'd lay more blame with Bailey then Prendergast. Picking players at draft time is a tricky business and it's hard to tell who'll shine and who won't; many clubs **** it up. Remember Morton's first year? He looked pretty sharp, and with some decent development could've been a much better player than he is now had he been given proper coaching and development. So many players have suffered the same problems.

sooooo...... how is the draft looking this year? Got a feeling we will have a few early picks.

I'd lay more blame with Bailey then Prendergast. Picking players at draft time is a tricky business and it's hard to tell who'll shine and who won't; many clubs **** it up. Remember Morton's first year? He looked pretty sharp, and with some decent development could've been a much better player than he is now had he been given proper coaching and development. So many players have suffered the same problems.

True enough. Still Prendergast did a pretty s**t house job so im not gonna let him off the hook that easy. ****ing Dean Bailey though :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shark jumper though he be, we could have selected Sheedy instead. The culture would have been different.

I still very much believe in Watts but Morton is a complete write off. Remember when they used to liken him to James Hird (very funny stuff). Geez, Sheedy would have gone right through him.

Shark jumper though he be, we could have selected Sheedy instead. The culture would have been different.

I still very much believe in Watts but Morton is a complete write off. Remember when they used to liken him to James Hird (very funny stuff). Geez, Sheedy would have gone right through him.

Good call
Great call
Sheedy is a w***er but it's true call

We just look as though we had one decent year and it was completely out of the box and filled us with this false sense of hope. We lack so much and after the picks we've had we shouldn't.

Long climb from here.

Good thread CFH. I think it's a culmination of a lot points being thrown around. Feels as though something is not right at our club. May it be the players, dead wood, culture, or even higher up, (schwab) but there isn't the unity or passion that once existed.

None. All the coaching staff & players are there own master. What we've dished up in 2012 so far is nothing sort of moribund.

At least Bailey could keep the loss under 100 points (186 excluded). That in itself is a joke we played unaccountable football under Bailey & applied no defensive pressure yet our performance today made Bailey look brilliant.

Think back to last year when we won 3-4 games but around 100 points. On current form & game style we'd be lucky to get over GWS by a point.

BP was on his own pet project year in year out and Bailey sat back with his thumb up his anus. There has obviously been no overall strategy what so ever.

Morton is contracted to the end of 2013, unless we can trade him we're stuck with him for 2 years.:eek:

We'll be bringing in 1st rounders, 2nd rounders, 3rd rounders, rookies and PSD players at this rate, our list is so bad. There'll be more wring-ins than the Confederate army as long as they know what a football looks like.

Good thread CFH. I think it's a culmination of a lot points being thrown around. Feels as though something is not right at our club. May it be the players, dead wood, culture, or even higher up, (schwab) but there isn't the unity or passion that once existed.

I think Neeld would have gone in and told it to the selection panel exactly how it was - that our list was poor and that he had a very clear idea of how he wanted us to play and what he wants to do with our list.

How we are travelling now is just further proof that something stinks from within our club and it will take Neeld and co time to fix it.

Just to clarify something, Prendergast isnt a recruiter at Carlton. He is part of the coaching panel as the Opposition Analyst.
Really feel for you at the moment, Carlton went through the best part of decade being thrashed every week. Our recruiting hasnt been too bad over the years and have been lucky with some good rookie picks-Jamison and Garlett are two that come to mind.
The choice to draft Watts ahead of Nic Nat will haunt you for years.
From the outside it appears that Melbourne are playing with no confidence, WCE are a good side and many teams will be on the receiving end of beltings by them.
It will turn around but i can understand your frustration.

Just to clarify something, Prendergast isnt a recruiter at Carlton. He is part of the coaching panel as the Opposition Analyst.
Round 9:

"don't worry Rats, their recruiting has been ****house".

I think Neeld would have gone in and told it to the selection panel exactly how it was - that our list was poor and that he had a very clear idea of how he wanted us to play and what he wants to do with our list.

How we are travelling now is just further proof that something stinks from within our club and it will take Neeld and co time to fix it.

I agree. Let us not forget Neeld came from Collingwood, 2010 premiers. He has been a part of, what every team plays for. The difference on the inside between the two clubs must be ghastly.

I think with Bailey there was too much emphasis on "development." "Things will take time." "We're playing the kids." etc. Somewhere a long the way the club has lost sight that they are playing for the premiership, each year, each week! Maybe the players too have the same "maybe in 4 years time we'll have a dip" mentality.?

None. All the coaching staff & players are there own master. What we've dished up in 2012 so far is nothing sort of moribund.

At least Bailey could keep the loss under 100 points (186 excluded). That in itself is a joke we played unaccountable football under Bailey & applied no defensive pressure yet our performance today made Bailey look brilliant.

Think back to last year when we won 3-4 games but around 100 points. On current form & game style we'd be lucky to get over GWS by a point.

No blame for Bailey and BP? None at all? I agree what we are serving up is poor but Neeld inherited a list low on leadership and low on skills. There isn't much you can do with that.

The new game plan is tough to play but that's what we need. The players are not used to putting in the hard yards and it shows. Neeld and co are not to blame for that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back