Traded Aaron Black [traded to Geelong for pick 92]

Remove this Banner Ad

if Freo trade for him then I'd expect a late token pick coming from Freo or a mid draft pick swap. Freo's 3rd for Norths 3rd +Black or something like that.
Yes, something like that. Perhaps Freo can trade for West Coast's Pick 65 then:

Trade Pick 65 for Black and Pick 66

Should have left when he had some potential... Loyalty doesn't always pay off

Infairness his output at VFL level was much improved on last years effort until of course his injury. As stated has no real trade value and tbh if I was another clubs supporter I'd hope we took a punt..... risk is minimal and reward could be huge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few other watchers of WA juniors and myself always saw him as being a much better defender than forward. I wonder if he could be developed in that manner at this stage or if the lack of game sense ship has sailed on blacky. Could be a potential free hit for freo.

Would he be interested in coming to Port? Have heard nothing but love for this guy on our board even though Vardy, Vickery and Daw are all better options in terms of what we need (IMHO).

I thought Black was going to be a good player a few years ago. What happened?

I don't really rate Vardy, Vickery, Daw, Griffith, Mcbean, the player who used to be Close or Butcher! (Maybe Stewart but I have never seen him play)

Anyway. Surely Black is better than a player like Jesse White?

At the right price, not the worst risk for Freo to take.
He wouldn't be bad at Essendon either

At the right price, not the worst risk for Freo to take.
He wouldn't be bad at Essendon either
Nah , all got chance to come but dont tend to turn to so so player, mitch clark, travis cloke, now black , pass.

Merge if there is already a thread on him mods.

Black's manager has been in talks with several parties and black is leaving north either way (reported today on trade radio). Black is on the record stating that he wants more senior footy.

He wouldn't be worth much and would come dirt cheap. North may offer to pay out his salary for a useable pick, though doubtful.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back