List Mgmt. 2016 Trade and Free Agency Targets Inner Sanctum Thread. Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've offered him under $380k a year.
That's the money I'd pay a player like Gaff..
Mitchell's final's series has elevated his status, & I'm curious if he's the player who's prodded our club to finally open the war chest in recent days..
One or two of Martin, Rockliff, Tomlinson, or Mitchell will be in the RWB next year..

Tomlinson & Mitchell haven't been discussed as a pair as possible Saint's player's next, though the thought of that pair & Carlisle in our best 22 gets the juices flowing..
It was Hawthorn last year who looked to backdoor us by attempting to scuttle the Saints/Carlisle trade..
Considering both are out of contract, Sydney & GWS would accept this year's & next for Mitchell & Tomlinson..

I expect Hawthorn will struggle to satisfy GC with a suitable trade for O'Meara, likely to squeeze them out of the equation for Mitchell.
And for the St.KFC to backdoor Hawthorn, finally squaring up over the late Friday night trade of Russell Greene for Mark Scott & Tony King some 35 yrs back........ :rolleyes::rolleyes: I do hold a grudge..!!
Longer will see us with a pick in the late teens or early 20's coming back, unless part of the Martin trade if that does eventuate..

Damian Barrett on Footy Classified Monday night, might be worth catching..

PS: Have been on a 36hr bender so your advised to ignore the above..

380k for gaff. He is a 600k player. Geary would be on 400k. No wonder Mitchell wants to move. Unfortunately I reckon none of those players will be with us be with us next year. Mitchell stays or Hawks rocky stays or no idea but I don't think we are interested Martin stays for sure and Tomlinson now stays He was certain to go 6 weeks ago so things change but that's my read at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

380k for gaff. He is a 600k player. Geary would be on 400k. No wonder Mitchell wants to move. Unfortunately I reckon none of those players will be with us be with us next year. Mitchell stays or Hawks rocky stays or no idea but I don't think we are interested Martin stays for sure and Tomlinson now stays He was certain to go 6 weeks ago so things change but that's my read at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not too long ago we saw Mitch Clarke backflip from joining Fremantle & go to Melbourne for more money. Surely we get in the ear of Tom Mitchell's manager & offer Tom a contract he can't refuse.

Not too long ago we saw Mitch Clarke backflip from joining Fremantle & go to Melbourne for more money. Surely we get in the ear of Tom Mitchell's manager & offer Tom a contract he can't refuse.
Is Tom worthy of a contract he can't refuse is the big question? Love him, but he isn't good enough to be the most expensive player on our list.

You wont get an argument from me. I wanted to get him 2 years ago. I just think he has his eyes set on the Hawks or staying at Sydney. Probably take 800k to change his mind so then you have to think do we really want him as our highest paid player and probably by a reasonable margin.

700k Tmitch x 7.

Heeney 10 mil x 10.

Anyone know what coin Stringer is on? If you can piss away 600k+ on the 7th-10th best goal sneak in the comp.. maybe we should treat ourselves. Watch him get 15 goals today. I've got form.

You wont get an argument from me. I wanted to get him 2 years ago. I just think he has his eyes set on the Hawks or staying at Sydney. Probably take 800k to change his mind so then you have to think do we really want him as our highest paid player and probably by a reasonable margin.

If rumours are true Syd are offering 380 a year & Haw 450 a year. Surely 650 gets him to reconsider. I wouldn't be paying him 800.

Is Tom worthy of a contract he can't refuse is the big question? Love him, but he isn't good enough to be the most expensive player on our list.

An extractor with exquisite hands in tight that accumulates 30 touches & goes both ways is the foundation blocks required for a successful midfield.

If rumours are true Syd are offering 380 a year & Haw 450 a year. Surely 650 gets him to reconsider. I wouldn't be paying him 800.

Only guessing but all those figures look low to me especially the Hawks one. If he is moving for that little amount he isn't moving for money which makes it even harder to get him. Maybe a little less will get it done but even on that amount he would be our highest paid player. I don't mind that as long as our players don't mind that. I'm thinking we will get Steele, Brown and maybe a surprise but I reckon next year will be our aim. It will be the last hurrah for Roo and Joey and most of our young players will be ready to go.

This trade period is intriguing because of the unknowns. All the names thrown up are all hypothetical with the latest - Mitchell who has not been linked to the Saints in the media but to the Hawks and only by supporters as a hope including me.

Would love him at the Saints but until the club actually identifies it's intentions this will keep going.

Pluggers last post sums it up pretty well, I am hoping next year brings continued improvement and we push for finals, our list needs refinement not overhauling so we are in a good position. Very impressed with the evolution of the list - never boring being a Saints supporter

Seems our recruiters are holding their cards close to their chest. Even our itk's seem out of the loop this year. Also I think the media are reluctant to link us to any big names as we aren't a "big 4" club. So I wouldn't be surprised if we do land someone of significance.

See this is where things don't add up. We reportedly offer Laverde 400k a year but Hawthorn will get Titch for 450k.

I agree he is worth a contract around 550-650, which is serious coin, its also a no from me at 800.

I don't know why Titch is the flavour of the month over Rocky though. Is it just because Rocky is reportedly looking at 800k? Both don't have the Shiel/Dusty type explosiveness but both contested accumulators with Rocky probably ahead but older.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See this is where things don't add up. We reportedly offer Laverde 400k a year but Hawthorn will get Titch for 450k.

I agree he is worth a contract around 550-650, which is serious coin, its also a no from me at 800.

I don't know why Titch is the flavour of the month over Rocky though. Is it just because Rocky is reportedly looking at 800k? Both don't have the Shiel/Dusty type explosiveness but both contested accumulators with Rocky probably ahead but older.

400 for Laverde was obviously way over the top however we obviously rated his potential.

Rocky is three years older than Mitchell & has pretty big off field issues. Statistically they are fairly similar & their value would be in the same ball park. But given their respective age & Rocky's of field issues I strongly favour chasing Mitchell.

Shiel & Martin are another peg or two above & that's why both will receive offers of over a million a year in their next contact.

Seems our recruiters are holding their cards close to their chest. Even our itk's seem out of the loop this year. Also I think the media are reluctant to link us to any big names as we aren't a "big 4" club. So I wouldn't be surprised if we do land someone of significance.
Wasn't there some drama last year over what was getting leaked on here? Maybe keeping it to a drip feed this time around because of that.

I dont have a particular name to share of who the target(s) may be and after the backlash i copped during the week i wont share the names of the guys who this affects for obvious reasons.
However I am aware of phone calls made to certain players in the last 72 hours advising them to ignore particular media commentary - however to be prepared for an active October and to go away over the next 10 or so days and freshen up mentally as they might possibly have to make a tough decision. I do believe with the information i was given that there is still a big fish or two out their for us. It will be dependent on a variety of factors. But i would be confident based on what i was told to expect something exciting.

I have alot of private conversations with people who have info or know more about this then me on this board and other places. What i can say is that this year, the club has really locked down names. Carlisle was very easy to extract last year, as was Shiel. However this year it is very "Need to Know Information" and i dont think it will break until 24 hours before the trade might break.

Mentioned by a few, i was told to expect Hartlett to become a Crow if he was to leave - Didn't think he was much of a chance at the saints, Happy in SA.
Rockliff - Good Chance, dependent however on Coach and direction of the club etc.
Dusty - i wouldn't think its possible, however if he hasn't re-signed then i KNOW we will be all over him.

Also, $$$$ is not a problem. We have clubs very envious of our Cap situation. If the right player comes along, then the money is available.

If Barrett is talking 'watch this space' action from the saints, and we haven't heard any specific rumours, perhaps this means we're targeting someone from the nsw finals contenders..

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

If Barrett is talking 'watch this space' action from the saints, and we haven't heard any specific rumours, perhaps this means we're targeting someone from the nsw finals contenders..

As i alluded to the other week. Tom Mitchell has reignited our interest especially with the Hawthorn Omeara situation - i dont have anymore info then that on tom.A GWS flag this year could be extremely beneficial for us this year and next.

As i alluded to the other week. Tom Mitchell has reignited our interest especially with the Hawthorn Omeara situation - i dont have anymore info then that on tom.A GWS flag this year could be extremely beneficial for us this year and next.
Yep exactly.. do I dare say Go Giants?!

Yep exactly.. do I dare say Go Giants?!

I've been on that bandwagon since finals began - purely because i HATE the doggies almost as much as i hate Carlton. But now it may help us.

Barrett is alluding to players who are considered A graders..

Maybe I am overreaching here, but could we be launching a tilt for Fyfe? Dealing with Freo in a deal involving a third club?

Probably not. But it's all gone quiet about Fyfe after a period of hysteria. And Fyfe didn't exactly commit himself to the Dockers.

Personally I'd love us to try & get Tom Mitchell. Young and a known quantity.

How is GWS winning going to help us?

Do you think that GWS players may start taking offers from other clubs, once they win a premiership?
It could work the other way and unite GWS even more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back