Preview Rd14 - Carlton vs. Richmond - 3:20PM Sunday 25th June @ MCG - Final Team post #658

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am hearing that Nankervis (calf/cork) is touch and go and a good chance to be a late out. If true, Kreuzer is going to feast upon Soldo.

Soldo is also injured so it would be old man Maric in if Nank is sore. Maric has a good footy brain and better skills than Soldo obviously but he's slow and can't jump all that well any more so would be a handy change for you guys still

Maybe I'm a half glass full kinda of guy, but I think it's great that we're freaking out over losing three first year players (DC was injured for most of last year).

A glorious moment no matter the outcome on Sunday.:sunglasses:
It was just a beautiful thing. Peace be with you Blue boys and girls. We are united if only for our hatred of the Pies and the Dons.

It was just a beautiful thing. Peace be with you Blue boys and girls. We are united if only for our hatred of the Pies and the Dons.

Yes it was glorious, 4 mins to go I thought ah stuff it and went to bed ... wake up and low and behold !

Good work tugga !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forth went the thunder god
Riding on his filly
I'm Thor he cried
His horse replied
You forgot your thaddle thilly

Lacking picture of Tigers players on horseback

Tis now complete! :D

382502_b34e6940b5a1cb54545c217653a4c135.JPG

The pure hatred of Collingwood and Essendon has been driven into me over 40 years of fanatical, diehard support. I don't hate Richmond. They just really annoy me.

When Essendon lose to another team, forget about Carlton for the moment, especially by a goal after the final siren (just like last night), then there's only one word that adequately sums up my feelings - schadenfreude! No, where Essendon are concerned, it's Schadenfreude with a capital "S"! Sorry, I need to stop for a moment now and let out a hearty, evil laugh! Collingwood and Richmond on the next level down just at the moment - yes, they annoy me!:D

I don't mind the ins. Two hard bodied 24-25 year olds and a lightning quick Pickett.

Will all need to work on their pressure acts as that is what the three outs excelled at.

Expect to see smedts and daisy rolling through the back half..

Go blues.

Thought that Palmer would be one of the ins based on VFL form (Smedts, Pickett and Palmer)? Happy to see Graham in though - got a feeling he'll play a good game against the Tigers! Is Palmer injured?

Hope Fisher's achilles is a minor issue? Haven't heard anything official regards the expected time out for Cuningham and Fisher? Hopefullly all will be okay in 2-3 weeks. I want Fisher and Williamson back in so they can get their RS nominations!

Yes to all of that. Smedts is a hard one - it is not beyond him to really find something at some stage (ala LJ). Gut feeling for this match is that someone steps up who hasn't yet - either a Zac Fisher/Curnow type or maaaaaaybe a Smedts/Jed Lamb type..nothing more than a gut feeling (which admittedly, to some degree or another, I get every week)... Which ever way one looks at it, this Sunday is big BIG.

Yes, Richmond often succumb to the "Duigan Factor" or the "McLean Syndrome" - Smedts and Graham to both kick three goals?:D

Hey, we've had a good run with injuries. Could be alot worse.
I think the replacements will be an adequate cover.
I am still confident we will win.
PS. Got on SEN yesterday and spoke with KB. Gave my reasons why Carlton would win.
Scored 4 tickets to the game and a couple of Bertocchi hams. This has got to be a good omen.

Go Blues. Casboult to kick 4 goals.

We might see you on tv doing a "Watermelon Boy" then, but this time just hoeing into a Bertocchi?

Anybody notice that teams are trying to play our style, short kicking and controlling out of defence?? Coll are trying to but they can't do it for s**t...

We went and filled up our defence with skilled readers of the play and intercept markers. We've skipped a break on the opposition if the Hawthorn model is still the one as our defence is stronger man for man than the Hawks defence was ... IMO of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back